Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Westerman is considering retirement - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Westerman is considering retirement (/Thread-Westerman-is-considering-retirement)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - ochocincos - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 04:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here

Exactly. Why would the coaches want him but then he is cut? The (lack of) logic is astounding.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - jj22 - 08-21-2019

Yall keep nipping at my heels desperate for my attention like I really care what you think. I said what I said and your opinion is no better than mine.

Westermans little fake retirement stunt was lame. And like I said his character is likely why he hasn't got the shot. Now we (I) see. Yall still confused obviously.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - fredtoast - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 06:08 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yall keep nipping at my heels desperate for my attention like I really care what you think. I said what I said and your opinion is no better than mine.

No one is desperate for anyone's attention.  We are just mocking you for making up something out of thin air.

I don't have an opinion because I don't know what happened.  And when I don't know what happened I don't pretend I do.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - SunsetBengal - 08-21-2019

Over the past few days, we have all speculated and hypothesized on various scenarios for reasons that Westerman might contemplate retirement. Most of those scenarios were kind to Westerman, with the assumption that something must be happening with his family, he must be going through some sort of mental issues, etc. Many people speculated many "made up" situations, people discussed and debated.

Now, one fan suggests that perhaps it was a stunt, or that Westerman is just soft, and everybody attacks? Where did the friendly debate and hospitable discussion go? It was just another fan giving his take on the matter. No need to get a vigilante mob together, as if he stole AJ Green's car, with his kids inside..

Relax everyone, just be patient, hope for the best, despite the crappy season that appears to be imminent..

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - ward4239@icloud.com - 08-21-2019

First no one knows his real reason for his actions, there has been many cruel and unfair things said about him. He has never been know as a wimpy moody player. He certainly didn't pitch a fit. Get your facts right or say nothing at all. I may be wrong but I don't think he came back to be cut.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - jfkbengals - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 06:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Over the past few days, we have all speculated and hypothesized on various scenarios for reasons that Westerman might contemplate retirement.  Most of those scenarios were kind to Westerman, with the assumption that something must be happening with his family, he must be going through some sort of mental issues, etc.  Many people speculated many "made up" situations, people discussed and debated.

Now, one fan suggests that perhaps it was a stunt, or that Westerman is just soft, and everybody attacks?  Where did the friendly debate and hospitable discussion go?  It was just another fan giving his take on the matter.  No need to get a vigilante mob together, as if he stole AJ Green's car, with his kids inside..

Relax everyone, just be patient, hope for the best, despite the crappy season that appears to be imminent..

For the thousandth time, I'm sorry.

Had I known his kids were in it, I wouldn't have done it!

Ninja

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - BengalsRocker - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 06:45 PM)ward4239@icloud.com Wrote: First no one knows his real reason for his actions, there has been many cruel and unfair things said about him. He has never been know as a wimpy moody player. He certainly didn't pitch a fit. Get your facts right or say nothing at all. I may be wrong but I don't think he came back to be cut.

Maybe he got the wrong gift bag from Turner?

Gotta color code them as to not get your crudities mixed up.

(08-21-2019, 05:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. Why would the coaches want him but then he is cut? The (lack of) logic is astounding.

Because Turner is an assbag that likes to have some giggles. Cool

(08-21-2019, 06:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Over the past few days, we have all speculated and hypothesized on various scenarios for reasons that Westerman might contemplate retirement.  Most of those scenarios were kind to Westerman, with the assumption that something must be happening with his family, he must be going through some sort of mental issues, etc.  Many people speculated many "made up" situations, people discussed and debated.

Now, one fan suggests that perhaps it was a stunt, or that Westerman is just soft, and everybody attacks?  Where did the friendly debate and hospitable discussion go?  It was just another fan giving his take on the matter.  No need to get a vigilante mob together, as if he stole AJ Green's car, with his kids inside..

They're only dogging on him because he acts like he's a fly on the wall with the scoop.

You're right though.

His speculation is about the same worth as another's tragic/health/whatever speculation at this point.

Pure fiction.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - SunsetBengal - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 09:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They're only dogging on him because he acts like he's a fly on the wall with the scoop.

You're right though.

His speculation is about the same worth as another's tragic/health/whatever speculation at this point.

Pure fiction.

Unless, he has a neighbor named Brian Patteronia...    Ninja

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - psychdoctor - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 12:01 PM)pally Wrote: Westerman has returned to the team and is off the exempt list

What the hell?

If this is true and Westerman is rejoining the team, then I wonder how this affects cut-down day and the coaching staff's view of him. I also wonder, as a psychologist, if Westerman can display the promising talent over the next two weeks. Does he want to be a Bengal? Are these issues that maybe compromised his performance over the last two years or so. Who would the Bengals keep? There is a lot of uncertainty.

I do not want to be cynical but I wonder if his return to the team is related to contract obligations as some on this thread have pointed out.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - THE PISTONS - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 10:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I do not want to be cynical but I wonder if his return to the team is related to contract obligations as some on this thread have pointed out.

It's absolutely related to salary at some level. Who doesn't want to quit their job sometimes? But we don't because we want to make money.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - lone bengal - 08-21-2019

(08-21-2019, 09:55 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If this is true and Westerman is rejoining the team, then I wonder how this affects cut-down day and the coaching staff's view of him.  I also wonder, as a psychologist, if Westerman can display the promising talent over the next two weeks.  Does he want to be a Bengal?  Are these issues that maybe compromised his performance over the last two years or so.  Who would the Bengals keep?  There is a lot of uncertainty.  

I think Westerman might have a tough time making the team he is going to miss two valuable preseason games. The bigger issue for me is does he have the passion and work ethic to be successful ?  I find it unlikely for a player who was thinking about retiring to be mentally ready to play with the season 3 weeks away. Was he committed to training hard in off season and getting better or was he half way in thinking about retiring ? If your a coach on the Bengals trying to figure out the roster you want guys who are all in.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - SHRacerX - 08-22-2019

(08-20-2019, 11:25 PM)Whatever Wrote: Cedric Ogbuehi is still holding down the Jaguars RT job 2 weeks into the preseason.

And in other news, Carlos Dunlap is drooling about his week 7 matchup.  

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - fredtoast - 08-22-2019

(08-21-2019, 06:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote:   Where did the friendly debate and hospitable discussion go?  It was just another fan giving his take on the matter. 

His opinion was a vile personal attack on a player based on zero facts.  Anytime you spew baseless insults at a coach or player you should be prepared for some blowback.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - fredtoast - 08-22-2019

(08-21-2019, 11:27 PM)lone bengal Wrote:  If your a coach on the Bengals  trying to figure out the roster you want guys who are all in.

If you are a coach on the Bengals you know what his reasons were.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - jj22 - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 09:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If you are a coach on the Bengals you know what his reasons were.

It's not your job to determine who's opinion is valid and who's isn't. Who are you again?

No personal attack on him. He quit on the team and had to be begged back. I just called it like it was since it was obvious there was no health issue, or family emergency. The dots connect to a fit being thrown because he wasn't handed the starting job.

Sometimes it takes nothing more than common sense and understanding human nature. You don't retire on a Saturday and then come back when the HC calls and talks you back into it without it obviously being fit related.

I'll say whatever thoughts come to mind on this forum with no thoughts of hurting someone's feelings who I wasn't even talking to or about. I don't tell you what you can say or anyone else for that matter. If you don't like it don't respond to it. But don't try to tell me what I can think and post on a situation and what I can't

And I've never proclaimed to have or acted like I had inside information so that was a lame twist from those who disagree with my statements. I just speak my mind, as does everyone else on this board, and I respect everyone's opinion. Yall worked up over nothing.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - yellowxdiscipline - 08-22-2019

(08-21-2019, 09:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Unless, he has a neighbor named Brian Patteronia...    Ninja

Hah I remember that guy.