Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Westerman is considering retirement - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Westerman is considering retirement (/Thread-Westerman-is-considering-retirement)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Westerman is considering retirement - BenZoo2 - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 09:10 AM)fredtoast Wrote: His opinion was a vile personal attack on a player based on zero facts.  Anytime you spew baseless insults at a coach or player you should be prepared for some blowback.

Get off your f’n soapbox, hypocrite. I’ve seen you do it to other posters on the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - SHRacerX - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 10:01 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Get off your f’n soapbox, hypocrite.  I’ve seen you do it to other posters on the board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe that is why he is "purple"?  Banhammer twirling emoji, please!  Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh....I may be the only one, but it makes me laugh every time. 

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - Bengalitis - 08-22-2019

(08-21-2019, 05:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. Why would the coaches want him but then he is cut? The (lack of) logic is astounding.

Maybe to avoid a lawsuit?  Ninja

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - THE PISTONS - 08-22-2019

A lot of interviews that I hear from retired players talks about how much training camp sucks. Couple that with seemingly getting beat out by guys that have been on the team for like 3-4 months...and an intense offensive line coach...

And I could see wanting to step away for 5 days.

Who knows though? Hopefully his family is all healthy and happy and it isn't any serious issues.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - ward4239@icloud.com - 08-22-2019

He has taken care of his problem, he is back.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - jfkbengals - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 09:18 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's not your job to determine who's opinion is valid and who's isn't. Who are you again?

No personal attack on him. He quit on the team and had to be begged back. I just called it like it was since it was obvious there was no health issue, or family emergency. The dots connect to a fit being thrown because he wasn't handed the starting job.

Sometimes it takes nothing more than common sense and understanding human nature. You don't retire on a Saturday and then come back when the HC calls and talks you back into it without it obviously being fit related.

I'll say whatever thoughts come to mind on this forum with no thoughts of hurting someone's feelings who I wasn't even talking to or about.  I don't tell you what you can say or anyone else for that matter. If you don't like it don't respond to it. But don't try to tell me what I can think and post on a situation and what I can't

And I've never proclaimed to have or acted like I had inside information so that was a lame twist from those who disagree with my statements. I just speak my mind, as does everyone else on this board, and I respect everyone's opinion. Yall worked up over nothing.

Hmm, where did that news come from?

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - ochocincos - 08-22-2019

(08-22-2019, 07:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hmm, where did that news come from?

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - J24 - 08-22-2019

Westerman probably won a job tonight without even playing. Run game is awful.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - ochocincos - 08-23-2019

(08-22-2019, 11:30 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Westerman probably won a job tonight without even playing. Run game is awful.

It's been bad all preseason.

No RB has higher than a 3.58 YPC and that is Jordan Ellis, who has been playing purely against backups.
Mixon - 3.0 (although just 1 carry)
Bernard - 1.75
Anderson - 0.88
T. Williams - 1.29
Flowers - 2.44

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/stats

For as much as we hoped/expected the run game to be the focal point of the offense, it's now a cause a for concern.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - jj22 - 08-23-2019

(08-22-2019, 07:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hmm, where did that news come from?

it's long been stated that ZT had to reach out to him to talk him into returning to the team. That's why he came back. Funny, that's all it took.

You know. Like the girlfriend who storms out the house threatening to leave just to fiddle around with the keys at the car waiting for you to chase after her and talk her into staying..

He was probably hoping someone would appreciate him and reach out to him.

If I'm the coach and a player quits and leaves the team and misses a game, then that is all I need to know. You only have to quit on the team once in my book.

I'm pretty much done with Westerman, regardless of those who got their panties in a bunch because of it.

RE: Westerman is considering retirement - fredtoast - 08-23-2019

(08-23-2019, 04:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: it's long been stated that ZT had to reach out to him to talk him into returning to the team.

No it has not.

As far as I can tell all that has been reported is that Taylor had spoken with Westerman.

(08-23-2019, 04:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: If I'm the coach and a player quits and leaves the team and misses a game, then that is all I need to know. You only have to quit on the team once in my book.

So if you were coaching the Golden Sate Warriors you would have cut Steph Curry?

And if you were Mike Zimmer you would have cut Everson Griffin?

Hilarious 

Thanks for proving my point about your judgement in these matters JJ.

(08-23-2019, 04:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it has not.

As far as I can tell all that has been reported is that Taylor had spoken with Westerman.

and I said Taylor had reached out to him....

(08-23-2019, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if you were coaching the Golden Sate Warriors you would have cut Steph Curry?

And if you were Mike Zimmer you would have cut Everson Griffin?

Hilarious 

Thanks for proving my point about your judgement in these matters JJ.

Yes.

While you keep chasing your girl/wife to the car.

My ex's found themselves sitting in the car wondering why their fit didn't work. Maybe the next guy benefited from it.

(08-23-2019, 04:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes.

While you keep chasing your girl/wife to the car.

My ex's found themselves sitting in the car wondering why their fit didn't work. Maybe the next guy benefited from it.

Why do you keep bringing up your failed love life when talking about professional sports?  They have nothing to do with each other.

Good thing Steve Kerr and Mike Zimmer were not obsessed and bitter over girlfriend relationships when dealing with Curry and Griffen.

(08-23-2019, 04:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: and I said Taylor had reached out to him....

You said "begged him back."
Talking to someone and "begging them back" or even "talking them into returning" are different things.

(08-23-2019, 04:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You said "begged him back."
Talking to someone and "begging them back" or even "talking them into returning" are different things.

Not really.

(08-23-2019, 04:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you keep bringing up your failed love life when talking about professional sports?  They have nothing to do with each other.

Good thing Steve Kerr and Mike Zimmer were not obsessed and bitter over girlfriend relationships when dealing with Curry and Griffen.

It's all about the approach. Yes, I'd approach coaching like I do life experiences. All good coaches pull from experience. Personal or otherwise. No shame here.

You only have to quit on the team once.

I'll rather lose with players who want to be here, then have star players on the team threaten to quit every time I turn around.

You and Ocho need to get some sleep. Yall been tossing and turning at night upset with me for days because of this. I've long moved on.

It ain't that serious.

(08-23-2019, 04:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: You and Ocho need to get some sleep. Yall been tossing and turning at night upset with me for days because of this. I've long moved on.

It ain't that serious.

I'm sorry, but I've been getting frustrated by you because I don't think you notice or understand that the words you use have a different interpretation than maybe the way you are intending. 

Case in point - The fact you don't understand or notice that begging has a different connotation than talking to someone is concerning to me. 

Do you not care if your comments are misinterpreted?