Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss (/Thread-I-Consider-Washington-Game-A-Bengals-Loss)

Pages: 1 2 3

I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - kevin - 08-16-2019

The First String was Awful.   No Blocking and again too many penalties.  The Defense was awful and No Tackling.   The Bengals were Awful in the 1st quarter of preseason game 2.

The rest of the game is next to meaningless.

I don't blame the new coach.  The Marvin Mess will take time to fix.  I'm all into the new coach and NEW DEY.   not seize the dey, that stinks...instead of who dey, NEW DEY, as people on this site came up with.  

I'm hoping 1st string looks better in preseason game 3 first half.   If they don't, it could be a real beating in Seattle when the games count.   So far no Blocking, No Tackling, Too many O Line penalties.

This was NOT a win.  Better luck next week.  GO BENGALS.

That first string drive against Chiefs was better than 1st quarter against Redskins.  This game was a step backwards.  The First Quarter O Line was just Awful. I don't see how the new coaches can be celebrating that.

Run game, we have no run game.  The O Line doesn't block, just as last few years.  Mixon or none will gain yards with no run blocking.  No run game means defenses will tee off on our QB and passing game.  With no run blocking, this team is doomed.  They must develop some run blocking.  The 1st String had none last night.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Loss - Nicomo Cosca - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 03:51 AM)kevin Wrote: The First String was Awful. No Blocking and again too many penalties. The Defense was awful and No Tackling. The Bengals were Awful in the 1st quarter of preseason game 2.

I don't blame the new coach. The Marvin Mess will take time to fix. I'm all into the new coach and NEW DEY. not seize the dey, that stinks...instead of who dey, NEW DEY, as people on this site came up with.

I'm hoping 1st string looks better in preseason game 3 first half. If they don't, it could be a real beating in Seattle when the games count. So far no Blocking, No Tackling, Too many O Line penalties.

This was NOT a win. Better luck next week. GO BENGALS.

That first string drive against Chiefs was better than 1st quarter against Redskins. This game was a step backwards. The First Quarter O Line was just Awful. I don't see how the new coaches can be celebrating that.

Wrong. There were way more positives to take away from this one, than there was against KC. Preseason is much more important for the younger guys, and the depth players anyway. Would it have been nice to see Dalton hit that throw to Eifert in the EZ? Absolutely. I saw plenty of players like Damion Willis, Drew Sample, Auden Tate, etc stepping up and making an impact though. The first game was literally one good drive and the rest was terrible.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - kevin - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 04:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wrong. There were way more positives to take away from this one, than there was against KC. Preseason is much more important for the younger guys, and the depth players anyway. Would it have been nice to see Dalton hit that throw to Eifert in the EZ? Absolutely. I saw plenty of players like Damion Willis, Drew Sample, Auden Tate, etc stepping up and making an impact though. The first game was literally one good drive and the rest was terrible.

Again with the Dalton as last week.  Eifert wasn't even open and well covered. Dalton is NOT the problem.   A very awful O Line is the problem.   The Defense not much better.  No Blocking and No Tackling.   No Blocking and No Tackling.  The same problems left over from the Marvin Mess.  

Well, it's NEW DEY.   I knew the new coach had an awful team to fix.  Hopefully they get better.  That 1st string was awful last night.  No Blocking.  Mixon, Bernard, nobody will rush for any yards the way the 1st string O Line got man handled last night.  Hopefully that improves. The new coaches have their work cut out.

The First Half next week will show if team is progressing. Not the second half, The First Half.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Nicomo Cosca - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 04:18 AM)kevin Wrote: Again with the Dalton as last week.  Eifert wasn't even open and well covered. Dalton is NOT the problem.   A very awful O Line is the problem.   The Defense not much better.  No Blocking and No Tackling.   No Blocking and No Tackling.  The same problems left over from the Marvin Mess.  

Well, it's NEW DEY.   I knew the new coach had an awful team to fix.  Hopefully they get better.  That 1st string was awful last night.  No Blocking.  Mixon, Bernard, nobody will rush for any yards the way the 1st string O Line got man handled last night.  Hopefully that improves. The new coaches have their work cut out.

The First Half next week will show if team is progressing. Not the second half, The First Half.

Here we go with crying about Dalton “hate” again...

I brought up that play because it seems you’re judging the entire game off just what the first team offense did. If Dalton hit Eifert for a TD there are you still making threads about a win really being a loss?*

*Which is really stupid btw.

Idk how anyone could say the KC game was better than this one was.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Fullrock - 08-16-2019

I consider reading this rambling post a loss.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - BonnieBengal - 08-16-2019

Win or lose doesn’t matter in preseason. And obviously they’re experimenting with the O line. Hopkins obviously isn’t going to be the starting center. Price will be.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - jason - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 03:51 AM)kevin Wrote: The First String was Awful.   No Blocking and again too many penalties.  The Defense was awful and No Tackling.   The Bengals were Awful in the 1st quarter of preseason game 2.

I don't blame the new coach.  The Marvin Mess will take time to fix.  I'm all into the new coach and NEW DEY.   not seize the dey, that stinks...instead of who dey, NEW DEY, as people on this site came up with.  

I'm hoping 1st string looks better in preseason game 3 first half.   If they don't, it could be a real beating in Seattle when the games count.   So far no Blocking, No Tackling, Too many O Line penalties.

That first string drive against Chiefs was better than 1st quarter against Redskins.  This game was a step backwards.  The First Quarter O Line was just Awful. I don't see how the new coaches can be celebrating that.

Run game, we have no run game.  The O Line doesn't block, just as last few years.  Mixon or none will gain yards with no run blocking.  No run game means defenses will tee off on our QB and passing game.  With no run blocking, this team is doomed.  They must develop some run blocking.  The 1st String had none last night.

The scoreboard suggests otherwise...

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Au165 - 08-16-2019

The penalties are still an issue. The offense was not fluid, but at the same time how could anyone find a rhythm with a penalty on every play? The younger Hoculi is known for over calling penalties, he is trying to make a name for himself. The defense played fine, I'm not sure where this narrative that they were horrible came from. They gave up 0 points, that is the only thing that matters. Outside of one big Peterson run, their run defense was really solid and they were getting good push by what was left of the defensive line.

As to everything beyond starters not mattering, that is simply not true. Both of those teams last night were decimated by injuries last year as many teams in the NFL are. Some of those guys playing in the 2nd and beyond last night will contribute for both teams at some point this season.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - SHRacerX - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 03:51 AM)kevin Wrote: The First String was Awful.   No Blocking and again too many penalties.  The Defense was awful and No Tackling.   The Bengals were Awful in the 1st quarter of preseason game 2.

I guess this week it will have to be called "Overreaction Friday"

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - yellowxdiscipline - 08-16-2019

You seem a little confused so I'll help you out with something. When you finish a game with a higher score then the other team that is considered a win. The final score of yesterdays game was Bengals 23 and Redskins 13, so therefor the Bengals WON the game. Hope this helps man.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Fan_in_Kettering - 08-16-2019

There was way more upside for Cincinnati against the Redskins last night than there was against the Chiefs. I saw some actual defense show up from time to time and the pass blocking is, while not where it needs to be, vastly improved.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Au165 - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 08:48 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: There was way more upside for Cincinnati against the Redskins last night than there was against the Chiefs.  I saw some actual defense show up from time to time and the pass blocking is, while not where it needs to be, vastly improved.

The difference is the KC scheme, starters or not, is one of the best offensive schemes in football.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - jj22 - 08-16-2019

Nothing was wrong with the first string except the Refs calling bad holds and not allowing them to get into a rhythm. Nearly all of those calls were phantom. Not much work was able to be accomplished when every play had a fake penalty.

(08-16-2019, 08:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: The difference is the KC scheme, starters or not, is one of the best offensive schemes in football.

We arent close to competing with KC, I expected that result. The Skins however was a team we should have beaten easily.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - NKURyan - 08-16-2019

There's a lot here that I think you're wrong about, TBH.

The only thing I think was genuinely disappointing yesterday was the play of the first team offense, but even then I don't think I'd put that on the offensive line. I thought they did pretty well in pass protection.

Our defense gave up one TD. Our second string was out there with their first team offense at one point and still stopped them. Washington isn't exactly KC on offense, but that's still much needed improvement.

The running game has been flat, but I would hope people realize that we're basically trying to run the ball with our 5th, 6th, and 7th string RBs out there. I guess you could say that Mixon and Bernard didn't do much last night but it's not like they had much of a chance to show anything.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Rubekahn29 - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 09:17 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: We arent close to competing with KC, I expected that result. The Skins however was a team we should have beaten easily.

We made 2 very awful mistakes that led to scores (deflected pass pick 6, and that long TD, I'm pretty sure the safety is still standing there) and we still won by 10. PLENTY of room to improve, but at least defensively I saw a huge step forward. Defense only gave up 1 score. 

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - XenoMorph - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 04:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here we go with crying about Dalton “hate” again...

I brought up that play because it seems you’re judging the entire game off just what the first team offense did. If Dalton hit Eifert for a TD there are you still making threads about a win really being a loss?*

*Which is really stupid btw.

Idk how anyone could say the KC game was better than this one was.

Eifert looked slow.... the ball was in a catchable spot

Dont get me wrong, i have plenty of moments when i crap on the team, but to you have to be a certain level of hater to be convinced that they didn't actually win a game despite the final score suggesting otherwise. Dude it was a preseason game and our backups played relatively well. Take it for what it is and enjoy it.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Nicomo Cosca - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Eifert looked slow.... the ball was in a catchable spot

The ball was way overthrown. Didn’t even given him a chance.

RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - Bengalitis - 08-16-2019

(08-16-2019, 08:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: The difference is the KC scheme, starters or not, is one of the best offensive schemes in football.

Reid is the next best coach in the NFL after BB. Clapping