Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Offensive Holding Preseason - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Offensive Holding Preseason (/Thread-Offensive-Holding-Preseason)

Offensive Holding Preseason - Luvnit2 - 08-30-2019

Well, I guess our OL is not only one getting flagged in the preseason.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27499782/offensive-holding-71-preseason

71% up is a huge number.

Will the refs continue to call it regular season or go back to normal remains to be seen

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - rfaulk34 - 08-30-2019

(08-30-2019, 01:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Well, I guess our OL is not only one getting flagged in the preseason.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27499782/offensive-holding-71-preseason

71% up is a huge number.

Will the refs continue to call it regular season or go back to normal remains to be seen

They always start off with the 'points of emphasis' but by mid-season, they're back to normal for the most part. 

I think the holding will tail off as the season progresses, but i don't think the OPI/DPI reviews will. 

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - fredtoast - 08-30-2019

This is the league's response to the crazy passing numbers last year.

Look for sacks to go up and passing numbers to drop back to reasonable levels.

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - Sled21 - 08-31-2019

Except for when Little Hochuli is reffing, you can then expect a flag fest..... just like his old man, has to get his facetime on tv...

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - Luvnit2 - 08-31-2019

(08-30-2019, 01:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They always start off with the 'points of emphasis' but by mid-season, they're back to normal for the most part. 

I think the holding will tail off as the season progresses, but i don't think the OPI/DPI reviews will. 

The up 71% is versus preseason in 2018.

I am not saying it won't keep pace at up 71% in regular season, but likely it will be 25 to 30% based on the new emphasis. 

However, in Steeler's case, up 25% of zero is zero so the refs will be blind when there offense and special teams is on the field, but now I see (refs) when opponents offense and ST is on the field.  Smirk

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-31-2019

(08-31-2019, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Except for when Little Hochuli is reffing, you can then expect a flag fest..... just like his old man, has to get his facetime on tv...

That zebra pisses me off just like his old man.

(08-31-2019, 11:27 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The up 71% is versus preseason in 2018.

I am not saying it won't keep pace at up 71% in regular season, but likely it will be 25 to 30% based on the new emphasis. 

However, in Steeler's case, up 25% of zero is zero so the refs will be blind when there offense and special teams is on the field, but now I see (refs) when opponents offense and ST is on the field.  Smirk

Just crazy how they think this is good for the game. Shocked

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - rfaulk34 - 08-31-2019

(08-31-2019, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That zebra pisses me off just like his old man.

Just crazy how they think this is good for the game. Shocked

Hopefully, eventually, it will be good for the league. They're going to focus on it and it's going to be crazy, just like the new H2H rule was when it came out in...2010?...i think. 

If it forces guys to pay closer attention and block properly, it will help the game and the teams that do it, as a practice, won't have such an advantage. As long as it's called fairly across the league...

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-31-2019

(08-31-2019, 02:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hopefully, eventually, it will be good for the league. They're going to focus on it and it's going to be crazy, just like the new H2H rule was when it came out in...2010?...i think. 

If it forces guys to pay closer attention and block properly, it will help the game and the teams that do it, as a practice, won't have such an advantage. As long as it's called fairly across the league...

Yes, has to be called fairly. Too bad this is never the case with the Stoolers unless they are playing the Pats.

Lapham I thought was telling in the last recap saying that Zac was saying that I guess you cannot even pass the ball on the one yard line anymore. I am seeing frustration from a lot of people with this abnormal zebra flag throwing warfare.

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - rfaulk34 - 08-31-2019

(08-31-2019, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, has to be called fairly. Too bad this is never the case with the Stoolers unless they are playing the Pats.

Lapham I thought was telling in the last recap saying that Zac was saying that I guess you cannot even pass the ball on the one yard line anymore. I am seeing frustration from a lot of people with this abnormal zebra flag throwing warfare.

Yep. But anytime there's a "point of emphasis", they always call the crap out of it in PS and early in the year, then they slack off later in the year. And there's always an uproar in the PS because of it. 

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - RASCAL - 09-01-2019

(08-30-2019, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is the league's response to the crazy passing numbers last year.

Look for sacks to go up and passing numbers to drop back to reasonable levels.

GOOD GOD FRED!  the closer you get, the uglier you are!!!    J/K (not really) Wink

RE: Offensive Holding Preseason - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-01-2019

(08-31-2019, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. But anytime there's a "point of emphasis", they always call the crap out of it in PS and early in the year, then they slack off later in the year. And there's always an uproar in the PS because of it. 

And rightly so...