Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds Month of September Games Thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds Month of September Games Thread (/Thread-Reds-Month-of-September-Games-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Reds Month of September Games Thread - kevin - 09-01-2019

Suarez hit homer 39

Gray has ERA of 2.80

How many homers can Aquino hit in majors this year ?

A few player things to watch as season winds down.

Reds will bring up some minor leagues as all teams do as rosters expand for that.

and GO BENGALS. NEW DEY.

RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 09-01-2019

I had my hopes up a bit that Wood and Bauer could put us up in the mix a little bit, maybe reach .500 on the season or maybe a tick more. They've been rather disappointing !!

Wood 1-3 5.80 ERA he's gave up 11 HR's in 35 innings pitched ! Gray has 15 in 151 innings.

Bauer 1-4 8.40 ERA opposing teams are batting .311 against him.

The Reds need a closer for sure and so more bullpen help. I'm pretty sure they're gonna have to look at outside starting pitchers as well.

I missed most of it but Mahle has pitched a good game it seems.

Can we stop the 4 game sweep ?

RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - psychdoctor - 09-01-2019

Another blown save by bull pen. Another 1-run loss. Cry

(09-01-2019, 05:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Another blown save by bull pen.   Another 1-run loss.   Cry

In my best Steven Tyler - same old story same old song and dance

I would like Fred or someone add up what the Reds' Record would have been at this point if they won the league average of 1-run games... I think they would have won like 8 - 10 more games this year. Very sad. But the real issue is closer. Reds have no closer unless they use Garrett or Lorenzen in that role next year. They may need to bring back Chapman or someone like that next year.

How bad is it when the guy on the team in 2nd place in RBI's hasn't been with the team in nearly two months ?

A guy with 107 AB's in 30 games has 33 RBI's and two regular players are barely above him Votto 41 Winker 38.

The guy in 4th place in RBI's with 43 has a .199 BA and hasn't played regularly in over two months.

RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 09-01-2019

(09-01-2019, 04:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I missed most of it but Mahle has pitched a good game it seems.

He almost always does pitch a good game but he has these 4 or 5 pitch sequences where he loses his touch and then he's in a hole. His record is what it is because the Reds could not hit when he pitched. #5 starters will get the B lineup more often than not. In back to back starts he lost 1-0 to Syndergaard and then lost 2-0 when Fiers threw the no hitter in Oakland.

If I were the Reds, I would sit Castillo rest of year. He is giving up a lot of runs and I think he is showing signs of arm fatigue.

(09-01-2019, 09:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If I were the Reds, I would sit Castillo rest of year.  He is giving up a lot of runs and I think he is showing signs of arm fatigue.

Skip over him next time thru the rotation ? He looks tired and kinda depressed or something.

RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - cinci4life - 09-01-2019

Suarez HBP on hand and leaves game. Went right to clubhouse.

(09-01-2019, 09:36 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Suarez HBP on hand and leaves game. Went right to clubhouse.

Didn't look good, he was in pain.

Turner Ward gets tossed arguing from the dugout.

They said Suarez will be examined back in Cincy because the swelling needs to go down to properly examine it.

So Iglesias does remember how to pitch a 1-2-3 inning.

RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - kevin - 09-02-2019

Suarez hits homer # 40. Can he hit 45 ?

Castillo wins 14th game. Can he win 15 ?

Iglesias gets 28th save. Can he get 30 ?

The watch still on Aquino homers and Gray 2.80 ERA

So there are player numbers to watch. 45 homers on Reds would put Suarez in very elite company. Few Reds have did it.

RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - psychdoctor - 09-02-2019

RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - McC - 09-02-2019

Every arrogant, incompetent umpire in MLB deserves to be replaced by robots. Let them umpire the bases, even though they aren't very good at that either, just so there won't be too much of a glut of fat middle aged guys on the unemployment lines all at once.

All this horse shit talk of this guy has this strike zone and that guy has this other strike zone. What kind of nonsense is that? There is one strike zone. And they all call the same location differently at different times. As a group, they just completely suck.

RE: Reds Month of September Games Thread - bengalfan74 - 09-02-2019

Oh good lord ! Peralta's back