Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Well, it was nice knowing ya! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Well, it was nice knowing ya! (/Thread-Well-it-was-nice-knowing-ya)

Pages: 1 2 3

Well, it was nice knowing ya! - JS-Steelerfan - 09-08-2019

Farewell, BakertheBeast! See you in the off-season!

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - Vambo - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 05:39 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Farewell, BakertheBeast!  See you in the off-season!

Don't think he'll give up that easy.

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - JS-Steelerfan - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 05:52 PM)Vambo Wrote:   Don't think he'll give up that easy.

Well, we haven’t seen him yet. If he really believed the bull he was spouting, he might be in mourning for a while.

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - BmorePat87 - 09-08-2019

It’s almost like Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers fans knew the Browns would always be a joke

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - SunsetBengal - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 05:56 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, we haven’t seen him yet.  If he really believed the bull he was spouting, he might be in mourning for a while.

Well, it's not like plenty of people didn't try to tell him that he was full of crap.  Heck, I even told him that at the first sign of adversity, that Mayfield and Browns offense would fall to pieces.  A "collection of talent" does not equal a team that came up together.

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - RASCAL - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 06:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, it's not like plenty of people didn't try to tell him that he was full of crap.  Heck, I even told him that at the first sign of adversity, that Mayfield and Browns offense would fall to pieces.  A "collection of talent" does not equal a team that came up together.

wait till ole goldy locks the receiver gets pissed and starts whining!!!

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - bengalfan74 - 09-08-2019

And the hype train comes to a screeching halt

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - rfaulk34 - 09-08-2019

He will pull a Poe (new verb) and not show up until the Browns win.

Total ***** move and shows what a ***** some fans are. 

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - BigPapaKain - 09-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 09:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the hype train comes to a screeching halt

Ran into a ***** mountain more like it.

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - michaelsean - 09-09-2019

(09-08-2019, 05:56 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Well, we haven’t seen him yet.  If he really believed the bull he was spouting, he might be in mourning for a while.

I have to guess he was somewhat putting on an act.  He's pretty normal in other forums.  The Browns would have to go 19-0 to come close to living up to his hype.

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - JS-Steelerfan - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 08:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I have to guess he was somewhat putting on an act.  He's pretty normal in other forums.  The Browns would have to go 19-0 to come close to living up to his hype.

Maybe, but I think he’d have posted by now if that’s the case.  It’s possible for a person to be mostly normal but completely irrationally optimistic when it comes to their favorite teams.  Case in point: I actually thought the Steelers had a chance last night ...  Cry

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - CJD - 09-09-2019

I was pretty skeptical when all the people said the Browns were gonna be great because I remember them as a bad team just last season.

I'm glad to hear that I was not as far out of touch as the sports publications made me feel haha.

(09-09-2019, 09:43 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was pretty skeptical when all the people said the Browns were gonna be great because I remember them as a bad team just last season.

I'm glad to hear that I was not as far out of touch as the sports publications made me feel haha.

Well, it’s important to remember that the tv prognosticators (or at least their bosses) are all about ratings.  Sexy sells, and signing a couple of superstars is sexy, even if it doesn’t magically transform bad teams into good ones.  This, they hype the big names.  

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - yellowxdiscipline - 09-09-2019

(09-08-2019, 05:39 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Farewell, BakertheBeast!  See you in the off-season!

That didn't last long. Shame I miss these guys being around.

(09-09-2019, 10:03 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: That didn't last long. Shame I miss these guys being around.

Well, Vambo has posted recently (in this thread in fact), but I don’t think we’ll see BakerTheBeast for a while.  

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - Tiger Teeth - 09-09-2019

Yoo hoo! Where are you BakertheLeast?

(09-09-2019, 10:14 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yoo hoo! Where are you BakertheLeast?

He’s off licking his self-inflicted wounds.

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - jason - 09-09-2019

Not everyone is the man you are... You've been around through 0-16 and 1-15... This one showed up yapping after the magical 7 win season, and the off-season championship...

I hope I'm wrong because he's entertaining at the very least.

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - jason - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 08:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I have to guess he was somewhat putting on an act.  He's pretty normal in other forums.  The Browns would have to go 19-0 to come close to living up to his hype.

He's normal in Smack talk too... Every Browns fan I know was acting just like him since March.

RE: Well, it was nice knowing ya! - michaelsean - 09-09-2019

(09-09-2019, 10:24 AM)jason Wrote: He's normal in Smack talk too... Every Browns fan I know was acting just like him since March.

You have a point.  I grudgingly play fantasy with my brother-in-law and his  friends up in Cleveland.  We pick the teams Labor Day weekend because we are always in Cleveland that weekend.  Baker was the second QB picked, and someone picked the Browns D in the sixth round.