Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
PFF Grades for Seattle Game - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: PFF Grades for Seattle Game (/Thread-PFF-Grades-for-Seattle-Game)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

PFF Grades for Seattle Game - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2019

Here they are for the offense. I have to say, MUCH lower than you would expect from the optimism on the board. Really Hopkins is the only player who they considered as having a good game.

They thought that Miller, Jordan, Mixon, Bernard, and Willis had bad games apparently.

Dalton - 69.5
Ross - 68.8
Boyd - 63.5
Willis - 57.7
Erickson - 68.9
Mixon - 53.5
Bernard - 52.5
Eifert - 66.8
Uzomah - 68.3
Hopkins - 77
Michael Jordan - 56.2 (0 sacks allowed)
John Miller - 52.9 (0 sacks allowed)
Andre Smith - 59.5 (1 sack allowed. 1 penalty)
Bobby Hart - 64.0 (1 sack allowed)

On Defense - The Line and LB's were generally good. The secondary was bad with Bates and WJ3 being HORRIBLE.
Webb - 51.5
WJ3 - 42.6 - Wow - Terrible
Kirkpatrick - 68.8
Williams - 71.0
Bates - 29.5 Ouch - Horible
Fej - 68.7
Brown 78.9
Vigil - 63.8
Wren - 46.4
Billings - 87.8
Atkins - 86.5
Wynn - 45.9
Dunlap - 79.7
Lawson - 71.8
Hubbard - 88.1
Glasgow - 76.0

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-10-2019

I know many were scratching their heads on the Gio extension. 1 play Bobby Wagner got free right up the middle and Gio stoned him. Play like that don't showup on the stat sheet. Gio has quite few plays like that which make the extension worth it

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - McC - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Here they are for the offense. I have to say, MUCH lower than you would expect from the optimism on the board. Really Hopkins is the only player who they considered as having a good game.

They thought that Miller, Jordan, Mixon, Bernard, and Willis had bad games apparently.

Dalton - 69.5
Ross - 68.8
Boyd - 63.5
Willis - 57.7
Erickson - 68.9
Mixon - 53.5
Bernard - 52.5
Eifert - 66.8
Uzomah - 68.3
Hopkins - 77
Michael Jordan - 56.2 (0 sacks allowed)
John Miller - 52.9 (0 sacks allowed)
Andre Smith - 59.5 (1 sack allowed. 1 penalty)
Bobby Hart - 64.0 (1 sack allowed)

On Defense - The Line and LB's were generally good. The secondary was bad with Bates and WJ3 being HORRIBLE.
Webb - 51.5
WJ3 - 42.6 - Wow - Terrible
Kirkpatrick - 68.8
Williams - 71.0
Bates - 29.5 Ouch - Horible
Fej - 68.7
Brown 78.9
Vigil - 63.8
Wren - 46.4
Billings - 87.8
Atkins - 86.5
Wynn - 45.9
Dunlap - 79.7
Lawson - 71.8
Hubbard - 88.1
Glasgow - 76.0

It is impossible to reconcile the crazy low score given to WJIII with what happened on the field.  Not sure what the hell game they were watching in that case.

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - XenoMorph - 09-10-2019

Bates did blow the one TD to locket that was all on him.. (not saying 100% he stops it... But he didn't have a chance as he bit hard on the wrong route

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-10-2019

“PFF!” is the sound a fart makes.

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - CJD - 09-10-2019

Bobby Hart is the second best Offensive Lineman we have, confirmed.

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 01:44 PM)McC Wrote: It is impossible to reconcile the crazy low score given to WJIII with what happened on the field.  Not sure what the hell game they were watching in that case.

Yeah. I know Bates was supposedly the Safety on the blown coverage that was a score. But, he scored crazy low too.

Was WJ3 the CB?

But still, that's 1 play.

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - CJD - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 01:44 PM)McC Wrote: It is impossible to reconcile the crazy low score given to WJIII with what happened on the field.  Not sure what the hell game they were watching in that case.

I remember a play where he was running alongside a player as he caught a ball for like 40 yards. And then dropped it.

He didn't cause the drop. He didn't touch the receiver. Just a bad drop from a catch right in the player's breadbasket.

I wonder how PFF scores something like that.

(09-10-2019, 01:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I remember a play where he was running alongside a player as he caught a ball for like 40 yards. And then dropped it.

He didn't cause the drop. He didn't touch the receiver. Just a bad drop from a catch right in the player's breadbasket.

32 sounds like a score for a DB who got burned left and right, all day long.  Wilson only completed 14 pass the whole game. I call horseshit on that score.

(09-10-2019, 01:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Bobby Hart is the second best Offensive Lineman we have, confirmed.

According to the scores. But a 64 rating isn't what you want your best offensive lineman to have. You want your top guys to be low 80's to upper 70's. A rating of 64 should be your worst starter.

The line gave up pressure on something like 36% of the passes.

(09-10-2019, 01:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I remember a play where he was running alongside a player as he caught a ball for like 40 yards. And then dropped it.

Well I read where some of the drops by Ross didn't negatively impact Dalton's score...so IF a DB is there and not doing anything and the guy drops it, but should have caught it...it probably reflects negatively on the DB. That's my guess.

(09-10-2019, 01:52 PM)McC Wrote: 32 sounds like a score for a DB who got burned left and right, all day long.  Wilson only completed 14 pass the whole game.  I call horseshit on that score.

Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing a score that low. A score that low is basically akin to giving up 3-4 sacks and not run blocking at all.

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - The Caped Crusader - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 01:44 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I know many were scratching their heads on the Gio extension. 1 play Bobby Wagner got free right up the middle and Gio stoned him. Play like that don't  showup on the stat sheet. Gio has quite few plays like that which make the extension worth it

Gio did miss a block on a blitzing DB late in the game that resulted in a near interception though. In his defense, the DB did come pretty late.

I will say this, it looks line our line saved the pass game though. A lot of these numbers are pretty bad for our secondary. 

I wonder if their is confirmation bias in some of these grades. Bengals are supposed too suck so they get graded accordingly

(09-10-2019, 01:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I don't remember ever seeing a score that low. A score that low is basically akin to giving up 3-4 sacks and not run blocking at all.

Or, for a CB, being beaten like a stepchild from start to finish.  He gave up 4 catches for 89 yards, 42 of which came on one play.  Horseshit.

(09-10-2019, 01:57 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I wonder if their is confirmation bias in some of these grades. Bengals are supposed too suck so they get graded accordingly

On defense, some of our front 7 graded highly.

On offense? We totally got 0 push on rush. Hard for the line and lineman to look good under that. Plus our line gave up pressure on 36% of throws. That's not great.

Ross would have had a high rating, but he dropped what 2 passes with 1 being WIDE open.

I think Dalton is scored too low. And Bernard. Boyd might be a tad low too.

Other than that, pretty decent on offense.

Bates and WJ3 are low.

But, overall...we put up 20 points and lost. 20 points isn't a huge offensive day. 3 of those points were gifted by a special teams mistake.

Watching the saints texans game last night. Kamara didn't have alot of holes too run through.He created his own. We need more of this out of Mixon

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - yang - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 01:45 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bates did blow the one TD to locket that was all on him.. (not saying 100% he stops it... But he didn't have a chance as he bit hard on the wrong route

I disagree, it was Dre's fault on that call as Jessie was designed to move up for shorter routes and the run.  

RE: PFF Grades for Seattle Game - The Caped Crusader - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 02:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: On defense, some of our front 7 graded highly.

On offense? We totally got 0 push on rush. Hard for the line and lineman to look good under that. Plus our line gave up pressure on 36% of throws. That's not great.

Ross would have had a high rating, but he dropped what 2 passes with 1 being WIDE open.

I think Dalton is scored too low. And Bernard. Boyd might be a tad low too.

Other than that, pretty decent on offense.

Bates and WJ3 are low.

But, overall...we put up 20 points and lost. 20 points isn't a huge offensive day. 3 of those points were gifted by a special teams mistake.

I think if you remove the BS fumble for Dalton, his score would probably be in the mid 70s. I'd assume anyway.

(09-10-2019, 02:11 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think if you remove the BS fumble for Dalton, his score would probably be in the mid 70s. I'd assume anyway.

Good point.