Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle (/Thread-Offseason-Acquisitions-vs-Seattle)

Pages: 1 2

Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2019

Well, I was underwhelmed.

Free Agents: Miller, Webb, and Wynn all played poorly.

Draft picks: Williams (out), Sample and Pratt played like 3 snaps. Odd they didn't use Sample to block more. He did get called for a penalty early and then seemed to get yanked.

MJ started and graded out poorly. But, atleast he played.

Wren played limited snaps and graded out poorly.

Anderson and Trayveon Williams (out). Desean Davis (waived).

Just imagine how that game would have went had the Bengals added a couple quality free agents...Saffold graded out at 69.8 at Guard. Would have been a huge upgrade to what we got out of Miller.

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2019

Is what it is, and I see no point harping on what we all know is a huge problem with the way Brown operates.

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is what it is, and I see no point harping on what we all know is a huge problem with the way Brown operates.

It really is huge though.

McVay got signed to coach the Rams and they've added several quality players.

The guys we added, contribute very little.

The board is generally excited by a 1 point loss. Imagine IF we actually added 2-3 quality players.

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - bengals73 - 09-10-2019

Not much of a surprise when there are 2 scouts and a greedy owner

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - jason - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 07:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It really is huge though.

The board is generally excited by a 1 point loss. Imagine IF we actually added 2-3 quality players.

Just outta sheer curiosity... How'd your incumbent whipping boys Nick Vigil and Preston Brown do with the ol' grades?

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-10-2019

Hart played good yesterday.Andre Smith wasn't terrible. Preston Brown was almost elite. would you rather they overpaid for mediocre talent at the expense of not resigning Mixon Green Gio Dalton and Boyd. Newsflash were not a sought after destination which means to get anyone we have too overpay

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - Nicomo Cosca - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 07:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It really is huge though.

While we’re imagining things that will never happen how about Margot Robbie as head cheerleader!

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - Joelist - 09-10-2019

Can you get Saffold’s ratings split by run and pass? How about Millers?

Miller allowed no sacks. Don’t know about Saffold.

Miller also costs 16 million over three years while Saffold was a 44 million contract.

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - rfaulk34 - 09-10-2019

This team is what it is and anyone that has been following it long enough knows this. 

Harping endlessly on the M.O. is  Dead Horse

Getting your post count up is the only reason i can see for threads like this. 

(09-10-2019, 07:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The board is generally excited by a 1 point loss. Imagine IF we actually added 2-3 quality players.

There are reasons to be excited. Not about a loss but about where the team can  go under a new regime. 

1. A lot of weapons on offense and, at least, the pass blocking looks pretty good.
2. A defense that flies around aggressively and puts pressure on the QB.
3. A HC that is firmly planted in 21st Century NFL football. 

Sure, a lot of players are the same. You can't turn over a roster in year 1. 
Sure, they didn't do what the Rams did in FA and with some Coordinators but the team isn't owned by the Rams owner. 
Sure, while Dalton threw the ball all around, he didn't really pull it out in the end this time. 
Sure, the defense gave up a couple big plays and the offense failed to convert on several opportunities.

Bottom line is; this isn't the same team as last year in a lot of respects so fans need to find a way to reboot their brains, roll with a new coaching staff and a new philosophy and see where it takes us. Seattle is a ***** of a place to open the season with a new, 1st year HC. There are going to be a lot of fun, winning game this year as long as key guys stay healthy. 

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - McC - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 09:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This team is what it is and anyone that has been following it long enough knows this. 

Harping endlessly on the M.O. is  Dead Horse

Getting your post count up is the only reason i can see for threads like this. 

Gotta keep clinging to the dying narrative somehow.  Wondering what will happen when the narrate is completely dead.

I know its a different sport. But Kerr took over for Mark Jackson with pretty much same roster. They were an underachieving small market team before Kerr tookover. in team sports talent can only take you so far. coaching matters big time.

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - THE PISTONS - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 07:51 PM)jason Wrote: Just outta sheer curiosity... How'd your incumbent whipping boys Nick Vigil and Preston Brown do with the ol' grades?

I've said that Vigil is decent as a 3rd LB, but if he's your #1 you're in trouble. Brown is what he is too. Not the fastest guy, but above average against the run...and struggles against the pass.

But, we absolutely could use a #1 LB.

There will be teams that can target those 2 with passes.

Instead of having an actual good 3rd LB, we put Webb on the field who was terrible.

It's funny how a 1 point loss to Seattle is like a SB win for some of you...

(09-10-2019, 09:19 PM)McC Wrote: Gotta keep clinging to the dying narrative somehow.  Wondering what will happen when the narrate is completely dead.

"What is dead may never die"

I agree on Webb but Denard is hurt so we have to go with what we have

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - GreenCornBengal - 09-10-2019

I read this as the following:

"I'm whining about not getting people in free agency, but all I'm really proving is that a new coaching staff already has the same players performing better."

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - Whatever - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, I was underwhelmed.

Draft picks: Williams (out), Sample and Pratt played like 3 snaps. Odd they didn't use Sample to block more. He did get called for a penalty early and then seemed to get yanked.

Just imagine how that game would have went had the Bengals added a couple quality free agents...Saffold graded out at 69.8 at Guard. Would have been a huge upgrade to what we got out of Miller.

Saffold signed a 4 year, $44 mil deal with with the Titans.

Tyler Boyd signed a 4 year, $43 mil deal with the Bengals.

So basically, you're saying we should've given an average-above average FA LG more money than Tyler Boyd and try to convert him to RG?

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-10-2019

It’s only the first game. Give the new guys a chance to learn!

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - spazz70 - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, I was underwhelmed.

Remember this post that you ragged on me about?....You can't make players come here!!  Yet, you go and make post about a player that you think we should have signed...How do you know that we didn't talk to him or his agent???  This was the exact posts I was talking about when I made this post... http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Free-agency-and-post-cut-released-players 

RE: Offseason Acquisitions vs Seattle - jason - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019, 09:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've said that Vigil is decent as a 3rd LB, but if he's your #1 you're in trouble. Brown is what he is too. Not the fastest guy, but above average against the run...and struggles against the pass.

But, we absolutely could use a #1 LB.

There will be teams that can target those 2 with passes.

Instead of having an actual good 3rd LB, we put Webb on the field who was terrible.

It's funny how a 1 point loss to Seattle is like a SB win for some of you...

I didn't say anything about Super Bowl wins, moral victories, or anything of the like. I simply asked if you happened to have those 2 fellas grades handy. Personally I think that PFF grades are for people that like formulas, and have a bit too much time on their hands. I just couldn't help but notice that you used a very small sample size to point out low grades on some new guys. I'm guessing Vigil and Brown's grades were decent since you didn't share them.

We could use a lot of things, but the LBs didn't look bad last week according to the eyeball test. I'd even say that the 5-7 choice for DC had the whole unit playing pretty well... Not to mention ol Failure Taylor.