Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Glenn still under concussion protocol - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Glenn still under concussion protocol (/Thread-Glenn-still-under-concussion-protocol)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - psychdoctor - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 05:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: 92% of all reported concussions usually are back at practice in 7 days or less.

If this one is lingering this long. he might just retire once cleared.

Is this regarding NFL players with the new more stringent protocols in place?

(09-11-2019, 05:51 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: How many people on here realize we lost to the Hawks and with all this goofy media feeding our players and coaches a bunch of positive crap,I will not be surprised if they lay a gaint turd egg this sunday.All of you hopefully remember whenever this stupid media feeds our players a bunch of positive crap,they LAY DOWN.JUST SAYING!!!!! :andy:

I am trying to figure out how this is related to thread.   Confused

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - NATI BENGALS - 09-11-2019

I knew he couldn't be counted on for a full 16 games.. But come on man. I knew he was a slow healer...

Time to start blocking with the hands instead of the head.

I don't recall ever seeing it. I don't doubt he got one. But it was self reported. At what point does it become malingering? If he lost passion and is just hanging around to collect on that fat ass contract he probably wouldn't be the first NFL player to do so. Not everybody pulls the Andrew Luck or Clint Boling.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - BengalsRocker - 09-11-2019

I felt like my bell was rung on how many times I heard "if we could get Cordy to play like he did in Buffalo" about improving our sketchy O-Line.

That was almost 3 years ago and even then he only played 6 games...

(09-11-2019, 06:10 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I knew he couldn't be counted on for a full 16 games.. But come on man. I knew he was a slow healer...

Time to start blocking with the hands instead of the head.

I don't recall ever seeing it. I don't doubt he got one. But it was self reported. At what point does it become malingering? If he lost passion and is just hanging around to collect on that fat ass contract he probably wouldn't be the first NFL player to do so. Not everybody pulls the Andrew Luck or Clint Boling.

I think they use clinical data and computerized response times which can be feigned by athletes, but also difficult to do so on consistent basis because the symptoms should match other observable data like gait, body movement, reasonable memory lapses.  

I do not know why you would think Glenn is malingering.  

There is some progress on brain scans but more research is necessary.  Here is a link of brain scan research...

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-04-brain-scans-reveal-concussion-athletes.html

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - WhodeyRay - 09-11-2019

Concussions are a weird thing. I had a catcher last year get hit square in the head with a bat by a girl that didn't know what she was doing. She broke the catcher helmet in half and she was back playing the next week. Had another girl trip over a runner and barely hit her head on grass and she was out 12 weeks with head aches and blurry vision then the season ended. Never know how the person will react.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - SunsetBengal - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 06:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am trying to figure out how this is related to thread.   Confused

Meh, some guys get all emotional, and come unglued at the first sign of adversity.  I guess a good example would be Baker Mayfield this past Sunday..   LOL

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - sandwedge - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 05:51 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: How many people on here realize we lost to the Hawks and with all this goofy media feeding our players and coaches a bunch of positive crap,I will not be surprised if they lay a gaint turd egg this sunday.All of you hopefully remember whenever this stupid media feeds our players a bunch of positive crap,they LAY DOWN.JUST SAYING!!!!! :andy:

What's that to do with Glenn in concussion protocol?

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - sandwedge - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hilarious
Meh, some guys get all emotional, and come unglued at the first sign of adversity.  I guess a good example would be Baker Mayfield this past Sunday..   LOL

Hilarious

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - rfaulk34 - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 06:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Meh, some guys get all emotional, and come unglued at the first sign of adversity.  I guess a good example would be Baker Mayfield this past Sunday..   LOL

So fortyyearfan is our Baker Mayfield?  Cool

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - Kingslayer - 09-11-2019

Old Whitworth still playing. Should have just paid HIM

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - SunsetBengal - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 08:22 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: Old Whitworth still playing.  Should have just paid HIM

Yeah, I think most of us have been in agreement on that idea, for about 3 years now..

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - BengalChris - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 05:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I coached high school soccer. We had 3 players miss 8 weeks due to symptoms. Then season ended.

We were extra safe as they were high school students, but they were all back playing the following year.

They were fine and no more issues.

That's a long time. Back when I played 50 or odd years ago you just walked it off or were done for the day and got sent to the locker room.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - McC - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 09:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That's a long time. Back when I played 50 or odd years ago you just walked it off or were done for the day and got sent to the locker room.

I got a concussion in the first half of a football game, woke up on the sidelines at halftime without a clue where I was.  When I woke up, they asked me if I knew where I was, which, as I said, I didn't.  I did see I was wearing a football uniform and said "at a football game?"
They yanked me up to my feet and said, "Okay.  You're good to go."  I played the rest of the game.

That was my first concussion but not my last.  (This is the point in the story when most people say, well, that explains a lot).

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - BengalChris - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 10:54 PM)McC Wrote: I got a concussion in the first half of a football game, woke up on the sidelines at halftime without a clue where I was.  When I woke up, they asked me if I knew where I was, which, as I said, I didn't.  I did see I was wearing a football uniform and said "at a football game?"
They yanked me up to my feet and said, "Okay.  You're good to go."  I played the rest of the game.

That was my first concussion but not my last.  (This is the point in the story when most people say, well, that explains a lot).

Wink

It is good that they play it safer these days.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - Luvnit2 - 09-11-2019

(09-11-2019, 09:41 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That's a long time. Back when I played 50 or odd years ago you just walked it off or were done for the day and got sent to the locker room.

Trainers make you pull players now and so do refs with any type of head injury to be checked out.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - Nicomo Cosca - 09-12-2019

Ofc the biggest move the Bengals make in trade or FA in recent memory ends up being a total bust here. Both injuries, and underwhelming play when he is actually on the field.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - Earendil - 09-12-2019

(09-11-2019, 06:07 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am trying to figure out how this is related to thread.   Confused

(09-11-2019, 06:41 PM)sandwedge Wrote: What's that to do with Glenn in concussion protocol?

Maybe Glenn isn't the only one with a concussion?

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - I_C_DeadPeople - 09-12-2019

(09-11-2019, 05:34 PM)BengalChris Wrote: No it's not. I don't believe I've heard of someone being in the protocol that long.

Mike Brown has been in the protocol since 1991

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - Aquapod770 - 09-12-2019

Trent Williams is looking pretty intriguing...

We won't do it, but a guy can dream right?