Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Glenn still under concussion protocol - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Glenn still under concussion protocol (/Thread-Glenn-still-under-concussion-protocol)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-18-2019

Per Bengals.com Glenn is ramping up his workouts so must be real close. I'm holding out hope he is cleared tomorrow and starts Sunday.I hope Price plays well for Jordan and keeps the job would go long way in treading water until Jonah returns

Glenn still under concussion protocol - yellowxdiscipline - 09-18-2019

(09-18-2019, 03:29 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Good news he's been in the final stage for the last 3 weeks. so as soon as he's cleared. he should step right back in starting. if we have Johnah and Glenn both back late in the year we could actually have a competent line we just have to tread water until then

We haven’t been treading.... we’ve been sinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - psychdoctor - 09-18-2019

(09-18-2019, 02:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: This can't be good.....

I think Glenn retires; at least after the season...This has been way longer than most expected.  At some point an athlete has to consider his or her health after sport.  

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-18-2019

(09-18-2019, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is the strangest part about all of this.

It’s not that unusual with concussions plus there is post concussion syndrome.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - TKUHL - 09-19-2019

(09-11-2019, 05:51 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: How many people on here realize we lost to the Hawks and with all this goofy media feeding our players and coaches a bunch of positive crap,I will not be surprised if they lay a gaint turd egg this sunday.All of you hopefully remember whenever this stupid media feeds our players a bunch of positive crap,they LAY DOWN.JUST SAYING!!!!! :andy:

Well you were absolutely right! I would rep ya if I knew howWink

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - WestCoastBengalsFan - 09-19-2019

This is taking forever. What happens if he gets another concussion this season? He has to be dunzo for the year, maybe his career?

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - WhodeyRay - 09-19-2019

The poor guy must have the adult version of shaken baby syndrome. Could have been back from a labotomy by now.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - bfine32 - 09-19-2019

Can't we just get him one of these:

[Image: steve-wallace-helmet.jpg]

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - grampahol - 09-20-2019

(09-11-2019, 10:54 PM)McC Wrote: I got a concussion in the first half of a football game, woke up on the sidelines at halftime without a clue where I was.  When I woke up, they asked me if I knew where I was, which, as I said, I didn't.  I did see I was wearing a football uniform and said "at a football game?"
They yanked me up to my feet and said, "Okay.  You're good to go."  I played the rest of the game.

That was my first concussion but not my last.  (This is the point in the story when most people say, well, that explains a lot).

You and me both.. I played with concussions and all manner of injuries. I took a baseball square to the right side of my chest as a kid that left me with a permanently dented chest on one side for the better part of 30 years. Do ya think they let me play after being knocked backward 10 feet into the backstop OFF my feet? Heck yeah!  But it's not only sports. I've worked on jobs where it seemed like no amount of injury was enough to get the rest of the day off. After my 40s if i was hurt on the job enough to feel like I needed time off I just took the time, bosses be damned and was fired from a few. I had a high speed grinding wheel fly off and hit me in the nuts. Boss didn't want me to leave. Guess what I did.. I left and was promptly fired.. 
It's good to be retired now. I have more scars n shit from work than Carters has pills. (I still don't know who Carters is though)  Ninja

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - ochocincos - 09-20-2019

(09-18-2019, 04:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Per Bengals.com Glenn is ramping up his workouts so must be real close. I'm holding out hope he is cleared tomorrow and starts Sunday.I hope Price plays well for Jordan and keeps the job would go long way in treading water until Jonah returns

Bengals should get (a lot?) better as Glenn, AJ, and eventually Jonah come back to the team. Two first rounders and a second rounder!

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - ochocincos - 09-20-2019

(09-18-2019, 12:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross got opportunity last year too and did little. A new staff came in that feeds him the ball more no matter what. Honestly, IF we weren't throwing 50+ times a game, Ross would likely be getting 4-5 targets a game and getting 40-50 yards receiving. The real opportunity Ross got this year is that we can't run the ball, so we throw a ton.

Price got opportunity last week. I doubt that within the span of a week he becomes some great blocker. The throwing 50+ times a game is rough on Price.

1) You don't know that he'd only get 4-5 targets a game if they passed less. We'll have to wait and see if/when that happens.
2) Even at 40-50 yards a game, that's 640-800 yards, which is solid for a WR2.

Stop focusing so much about what he did (or didn't do) last year. It was very apparent that Marvin emphasized not making mental mistakes and if you do, it will get you benched. Taylor is not punishing Ross like that if he makes a mistake, instead continuing to give him opportunities...and it's paying off.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-20-2019

At this point are we to blame the medical staff for misdiagnosing the severity of the injury? I mean were going 1 short in an important position

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - THE PISTONS - 09-20-2019

(09-20-2019, 04:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: At this point are we to blame the medical staff for misdiagnosing the severity of the injury? I mean were going 1 short in an important position

I don't know that any staff can put a timeframe on a concussion. Some guys recover quick...some don't.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-20-2019

(09-20-2019, 04:56 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: At this point are we to blame the medical staff for misdiagnosing the severity of the injury? I mean were going 1 short in an important position

How severe did the medical staff say the injury was?

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - Essex Johnson - 09-21-2019

(09-20-2019, 11:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How severe did the medical staff say the injury was?

Concussions are very hard to measure.. I have had athletes get a concussion be out a week and back into lineup and be fine others go back play in  after being cleared then have another one, finally I have had others get a concussion and the conditions worsen over time.  You can predict how each athlete is going to react.  You follow the protocol that has been setup and let it play out.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - MTBengalsFan - 09-21-2019

(09-20-2019, 12:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals should get (a lot?) better as Glenn, AJ, and eventually Jonah come back to the team. Two first rounders and a second rounder!

Billy Price may very well prove your theory wrong tomorrow.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - psychdoctor - 09-21-2019

(09-21-2019, 02:21 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Billy Price may very well prove your theory wrong tomorrow.

I am going to watch closely to see how much push Price gets on the left side...

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 09-21-2019

(09-21-2019, 11:27 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Concussions are very hard to measure.. I have had athletes get a concussion be out a week and back into lineup and be fine others go back play in  after being cleared then have another one, finally I have had others get a concussion and the conditions worsen over time.  You can predict how each athlete is going to react.  You follow the protocol that has been setup and let it play out.

You’re right. Every concussion is different and you can’t predict how long the recover will take because it is different with every person and with every concussion.

My point was we haven’t heard from the medical staff so how can we fault them for a prognosis they didn’t give?

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - THE PISTONS - 09-21-2019

(09-21-2019, 02:38 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am going to watch closely to see how much push Price gets on the left side...

Price is better run blocking than pass protecting. He had I think a 7.1 pass pro grade last game. That's horrible. You could put a Tackling dummy out there and it would do better.

In the run game, he does get some push...but you can't play a guy long term that's that bad in pass protection.

RE: Glenn still under concussion protocol - psychdoctor - 09-21-2019

(09-21-2019, 05:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Price is better run blocking than pass protecting. He had I think a 7.1 pass pro grade last game. That's horrible. You could put a Tackling dummy out there and it would do better.

In the run game, he does get some push...but you can't play a guy long term that's that bad in pass protection.

7.1/10? That is not bad.   Sarcasm

Well I hope with another week practicing at LG and the mental foreknowledge that he will be starting this week will give Bengals a better result.