Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Senzel May be Done for Season - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Senzel May be Done for Season (/Thread-Senzel-May-be-Done-for-Season)

Senzel May be Done for Season - psychdoctor - 09-12-2019

I guess it doesn't matter at this point, but Senzel may be done for the season due to a shoulder injury.

RE: Senzel May be Done for Season - Circleville Guy - 09-12-2019

He and Winker have been huge disappointments to me. Winker got homerun happy at the beginning of the year and totally changed his approach. Senzel wasn’t projected so much as superstar potential but as a safe and solid starter. He honestly looks like a guy that’s only gonna be able to play 120 games a year. I wouldn’t be opposed to packaging both for the right return. Even if Winker starts hitting again, he’s always gonna be slow and a poor fielder.

RE: Senzel May be Done for Season - bengalfan74 - 09-12-2019

(09-12-2019, 04:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He and Winker have been huge disappointments to me. Winker got homerun happy at the beginning of the year and totally changed his approach. Senzel wasn’t projected so much as superstar potential but as a safe and solid starter. He honestly looks like a guy that’s only gonna be able to play 120 games a year. I wouldn’t be opposed to packaging both for the right return. Even if Winker starts hitting again, he’s always gonna be slow and a poor fielder.

That's the giant question with Senzel ? The best ability is availability. It sure seems his health is gonna be his downfall. 

(09-12-2019, 04:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's the giant question with Senzel ? The best ability is availability. It sure seems his health is gonna be his downfall. 

He’s obviously talented but it doesn’t seem to take much for him to miss games. I’ve noticed him a few times sliding late into bases too. Somebody better help him with that or he’s gonna get hurt that way too. I’m guessing that the Reds will keep him and Winker though because they’re inexpensive.

RE: Senzel May be Done for Season - fredtoast - 09-12-2019

(09-12-2019, 04:04 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He and Winker have been huge disappointments to me. Winker got homerun happy at the beginning of the year and totally changed his approach. Senzel wasn’t projected so much as superstar potential but as a safe and solid starter. He honestly looks like a guy that’s only gonna be able to play 120 games a year. I wouldn’t be opposed to packaging both for the right return. Even if Winker starts hitting again, he’s always gonna be slow and a poor fielder.

I think a lot of fans overestimate the amount of talented players available.

There are 15 NL teams and there are only 18 NL outfielders with a higher OPS than Winker's .830.  And he is only 25.

(09-12-2019, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think a lot of fans overestimate the amount of talented players available.

There are 15 NL teams and there are only 18 NL outfielders with a higher OPS than Winker's .830.  And he is only 25.

I get that and I understand continuing to try to develop him. His salary is nice too. They may just go into next year with the 4 outfields that they currently have. The offense wasn’t impressive and I just don’t know where to try to improve the team. You can’t do it at first base. Catcher isn’t as bad as many believe and I wouldn’t devote big money to that position anyways. 2B, SS, C, CF, LF. All of these positions are fielded by just adequate players. The problem is that’s a large group of mediocre but adequate positions. A stud 3B and RF along with a declining 1B. It just isn’t enough. They will probably bring in about 3 new relievers but I think they need more than that. If they brought in a legitimate closer, a stud position player and a couple more seasoned relievers then they could get past Bells management and compete.

RE: Senzel May be Done for Season - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 09-13-2019

Senzel needs to play infield so he doesn't run into the wall so much. This new doctored baseball has stat guys keeping track of "Plays at the wall" because the ball carries so much now.

RE: Senzel May be Done for Season - psychdoctor - 09-13-2019

RE: Senzel May be Done for Season - Circleville Guy - 09-13-2019

(09-13-2019, 04:15 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Senzel needs to play infield so he doesn't run into the wall so much. This new doctored baseball has stat guys keeping track of "Plays at the wall" because the ball carries so much now.

I can see Senzel getting hurt turning double plays. Do they want him anywhere near runners as brittle as he has been so far? Contact with a runner will probably bring on a bout of vertigo.

RE: Senzel May be Done for Season - psychdoctor - 09-21-2019