Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2019 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2019-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-2-GameDay-Thread-49ers-Bengals)

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Atomic Orange - 09-15-2019

LOL that play just keeps working for them.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Vas Deferens - 09-15-2019

[Image: Kansas-City-Chiefs-name-Eric-Bieniemy-of...inator.jpg]

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Arturo Bandini - 09-15-2019

Well, I wasn't expecting such a debacle ...

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - grampahol - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 03:57 PM)treee Wrote: Damn, this might be a long year.

What? Where do you get that "might be" stuff?  I'm thinking you can go ahead and modify that to definitely will be..

***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Bronxbengal - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 03:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jordan literally just stopped blocking. Like "yup, I am done".

Another great OSU product.... there is enough of these duds on the team already. I guess it is easier on the scouting budget to drive 2 hours northeast instead of buying tickets to fly coast to coast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - THE PISTONS - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 03:58 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: And he was going to do what?  There was no where to go

Maybe...throw the ball? Escape the pocket.

Not stand there for 2 seconds watching the TE get beat and hit you.

Believe it or not, but guys like Aaron Rodgers actually do stuff when they are under pressure.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - SunsetBengal - 09-15-2019

Simply stepping up in the pocket could have saved Andy two sacks. Maybe it is time to take a look at Finley? He seems to have pretty good pocket awareness.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - masonbengals fan - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 04:00 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Well, I wasn't expecting such a debacle ...

neither were we.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - iLLuSi0nz - 09-15-2019

I can't blame Taylor too much. This was supposed to be a down year where he sees what he has with his new coaches (looking kinda rough so far on that front) and with existing players before selling the farm on new FA or replacements via draft.

I think he's going to be a little overwhelmed with what he finds in the end. I think most of us have a pretty good idea where we stand with what we have as it wasn't that different from last year. It's not going to be some amazing change just because we had an offseason and a few new faces telling them what to do.

Can only hope that Taylor learns a lot about his new staff and his players over the course of this season to hopefully make some meaningful improvements for next year and future. With any luck some success at some point to draw some better coaching and players that might want to play here.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Nately120 - 09-15-2019

Meh, I really thought we'd have a "get right" game with this one. Now that I think about it though our optimism going into this game was an encouraging loss in week 1 and the belief that AJ Green being injured would be a blessing.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - bengalfan74 - 09-15-2019

Hey, a running play that didn't go for 15

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - THE PISTONS - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 04:00 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Another great OSU product.... there is enough of these duds on the team already.  I guess it is easier on the scouting budget to drive 2 hours northeast instead of buying tickets to fly coast to coast

When you only have like 3 scouts...that's the stuff you do.

Teams like the Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots have 2 to 3 times the player personnel staffs.

AND the Bengals hired about the most inexperienced staff they possibly could.

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-15-2019

The Bengals’ defense is going to give up a 50-burger.

***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Bronxbengal - 09-15-2019

Finally a run stop

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Kingslayer - 09-15-2019

giving up 10 yards a rush

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Joelist - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 04:01 PM)iLLuSi0nz Wrote: I can't blame Taylor too much. This was supposed to be a down year where he sees what he has with his new coaches (looking kinda rough so far on that front) and with existing players before selling the farm on new FA or replacements via draft.

I think he's going to be a little overwhelmed with what he finds in the end. I think most of us have a pretty good idea where we stand with what we have as it wasn't that different from last year. It's not going to be some amazing change just because we had an offseason and a few new faces telling them what to do.

Can only hope that Taylor learns a lot about his new staff and his players over the course of this season to hopefully make some meaningful improvements for next year and future. With any luck some success at some point to draw some better coaching and players that might want to play here.

I suspect Lou will be gone at the end of the season at bare minimum. 

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Nately120 - 09-15-2019

Weren't we supposed to be the team to get the lead and then RUN RUN RUN the game away for the W?

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - TheUberHuber - 09-15-2019

"That was the first stop by the bengals in quite some time"

Damn... brutal

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 03:59 PM)thillan Wrote: People, PLEASE stop saying Andy has looked good. My god. The beginning of the game is meant for your QB to look good because your first 15-20 calls are scripted. Andy does not look good when things go off script.

How do people still like this guy so much after he’s clearly shown his max abilities. We could’ve done something in 2015 had he stayed healthy, but not enough talent around him to mask his ability.

That’s exactly it, people like Andy the person. Whether they’ll admit how much that factors in is another matter...

RE: ***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals*** - Socal Bengals fan - 09-15-2019

(09-15-2019, 04:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe...throw the ball? Escape the pocket.

Not stand there for 2 seconds watching the TE get beat and hit you.

Believe it or not, but guys like Aaron Rodgers actually do stuff when they are under pressure.

You mean to tell me they just don’t stare at one receiver for 5 seconds while the play breaks down ? He’s definitely no playmaker.