Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2019 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2019-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** (/Thread-Week-4-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Steelers)

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - grampahol - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: I have to laugh at the "move in the pocket" posts....you have to actually HAVE A POCKET to move in. Look at our pass plays - no place to step up and no room on either side to slide. Our "pockets" (when we don't just break and let everyone in unblocked) look more like the letter M.

By comparison Rudolph's pockets look more like this:  (

No wonder he is having a good game.

Andy's pocket looks like...well..a pocket. You know..one of those little change pockets that nothing ever really fits in.. 

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:44 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: This is probably the worst Oline the Bengals have ever had. This is Akili Smith era level blocking bad.

Figures after looking for a decent center for about a decade when we finally have one the rest of the line goes to shit...

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Bengalstripes9 - 09-30-2019

Halftime adjustments? Not much you can do with this oline. Get rid of the ball within 2 seconds every play.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Gamma Ray Tan - 09-30-2019

#1 pick still in play. That is the goal.... don’t kid yourself

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - bengaloo - 09-30-2019

Vigil sucks so bad he doesnt even get blocked. His slow motion tackle in the backfield couldve been made by grandma Clampett. Just put in Prastt and Reynolds and let it go.

Andre Smith and Bobby Fart should get engaged after this game. We miss Glenn and Williams bad and missing a rookie who's never played a snap is pretty sad.

Taylor is going to lose some people if we dont start looking like professionals.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Vas Deferens - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If true, I'd hit.

I can get into some weird shit.

She’s got weirder shit than that on the docket.

Hope you like old spice and rebar

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - thompson19osu - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:45 PM)grampahol Wrote: Oh c'mon.. Turner has the utmost confidence in them.. If that's true Turner must be sitting all alone on the side of the road in the absolute middle of nowhere..  "I have absolute confidence in them to be a great offensive line..." err..somethin like that..  Hilarious

I can’t help but watch this train wreck unravel.  

It will be the EXACT same press conference from Taylor. Playing behind the sticks, missed/big plays equating to lost points and not converting in the Red Zone. 

This is the 31st ranked D we are facing and yet we have 3 points. They already have 3 sacks one forced fumble and should also have an INT in there that Dalton tried gifting them. 

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Catmandude123 - 09-30-2019

How about maybe trying a different QB? I feel like I'm stuck in the movie "groundhog day".

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Spider - 09-30-2019

2nd Half
Hand the ball off to Mr Overated Mixon
So he can get destroyed by first contact..
Then after getting off his @ss
React again as if he would have busted that tackle he would have been in the endzone

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - rfaulk34 - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'll give you on Dalton's fumble that he stood in the pocket too long but here,  seriously? Dude got sacked after like 1 second. He literally could do nothing there except try not to fumble.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

No. You know what he could do? Take the snap and as the rush comes...STEP UP IN THE ***** POCKET.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - treee - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:49 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Vigil sucks so bad he doesnt even get blocked. His slow motion tackle in the backfield couldve been made by grandma Clampett. Just put in Prastt and Reynolds and let it go.

Andre Smith and Bobby Fart should get engaged after this game. We miss Glenn and Williams bad and missing a rookie who's never played a snap is pretty sad.

Taylor is going to lose some people if we dont start looking like professionals.

Yea Vigil has looked terrible. I'd be down to see what Pratt can do.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - 2MinutesHate - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:40 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Per ESPN stats... Andre Smith has the worst pass block win percentage in the NFL with 66%... Next closest is 72%.

Woooow

While Trent Williams just rots away in Washington.  Just goes to show how committed to winning the FO is.

BTW, Mike Brown is still very much in control of this team.  People like to believe that it's Duke and Katie, but I can tell you from experience, in a family business, the father typically never gives up control of the children until he dies.

This years team has Mike Brown's stink all over them as much as we'd all like to not believe it.  Now they've got a coach who is young enough to be Mike Brown's grandson.  I doubt seriously Zac has anywhere near the control Marvin had, which may not have been much either.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - samhain - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Jim Turner needs a pink slip.  I never thought I would see a worse offensive line coach than Paul Alexander but here he is!

Jim Turner isn't half the o-line coach that Alexander was at one point.  He coached some truly great lines in his time here from the Jones-Steinbach-Braham-Williams-Anderson group, to the Whitworth-Boling-Bodine-Zeitler-Smith crew.  Both were outstanding groups.  Turner hasn't done a damn thing in the NFL but play Full Metal Jacket with various collections of bums and retreads.  

He's a loudmouth with a tough-guy rep that hasn't earned any of it with respect to his current profession.  Might as well be a frat pledgemaster in charge of hazing at rush.  He can't coach worth shit.  Also, he looks exactly like the asshole ******* he's reputed to be.  Been a failure everywhere he's been in the league, not to mention a surly jerk, yet gets a job due to being buddies with our current HC.  Trash of the highest order.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Nati#1 - 09-30-2019

The o line sucks but there is alot of times where andy has to move and he does not. He stands still and takes a sack..tip toes and throws it away..or panics and makes a bad throw. He scared. Let's get someone calm and cool like Finley in there who knows how to move.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:50 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: How about maybe trying a different QB? I feel like I'm stuck in the movie "groundhog day".

Apt

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Vas Deferens - 09-30-2019

I hope snoop dog chokes on something simple

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - grampahol - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:48 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: We all want Finley in because we want to protect our elite QB Andy from getting injured from our pathetic OL in this pointless game. There you have it Andy supporters.  Explained to you easily why we want Finley.

Maybe they're protecting Findley until they actually have an Oline some time in the distant future...In the yearrrr twenty five twenty five..If man is still alive..if woman can survive you may find.. Findley is playing QB for the Bengals... 
Yeah..I know..He probably won't live that long, but ya never know. Maybe Mikey will invest in a cryogenics thingee.. 

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Cicero - 09-30-2019

I can get run over and around for three hours once a week. Why is Andre Smith on my tv?

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Nati#1 - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. You know what he could do? Take the snap and as the rush comes...STEP UP IN THE ***** POCKET.

YES!

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - PhilHos - 09-30-2019

(09-30-2019, 10:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. You know what he could do? Take the snap and as the rush comes...STEP UP IN THE ***** POCKET.
Step up to where? Every single DLmen was a part of that sack.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk