Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2019 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2019-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** (/Thread-Week-4-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Steelers)

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Millhouse - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:19 AM)Spider Wrote: Just traded my season tickets for a mars bar and two half smoked cigarettes

I said one half smoked cig, not two. 

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - TKUHL - 10-01-2019

I’ve been saying for 4 years, we need to draft O and D line every pick. Sure we need LBers but our D line is just as bad, and I have no idea why but they are. Stop with the sexy picks like Ross and just flat out stupid picks like Sample and just pick freakin line men. It all starts up front. We had dozens of picks the past 3 years and only picked a few high knowing one injury or a bust would completely negate the pick.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Kingslayer - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:15 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I'm going to say this calmly and decisively.  

Let them leave in 2026.

shoulda let them leave in 2000

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - KillerGoose - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:21 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: The pro team never lost that game, IIRC. In fact, they stopped playing it in the late seventies because so many of the college players were getting hurt. To be fair, it was usually the defending SB champ vs a team of college all-stars...just-graduated seniors headed for the NFL.
GO STRIPES!!!

They actually did lose a few games, but it was all rather early on (mainly 30’s and 40’s. They lost 9 total games in 42 years. After 1960, they only lost one game and then it was discontinued in the early 70’s.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Big Boss - 10-01-2019

I heard a "New Dey" ad on the radio while driving home and I had to pull over. Dying laughing.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - iowahwky4cincy - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:19 AM)samhain Wrote: "We don't pay guards". lol.  

More accurately, it was "why should I pay blockers?" after letting Zeitler & Whit walk. No matter, it was a generationally stupid comment/rhetorical question.
GO STRIPES!!!

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - BengalsRocker - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:23 AM)kevin Wrote: Great Post and few Bengals Fans ever get that.  The best QB's ever would not win behind this awful O Line. 

Like we'll ever know. Pfffft.  Tongue

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:23 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Why would any legit sports channel want to have a guy named Booger calling games.

I thought his name was funny but it’s snot. I mean it’s not.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - grampahol - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:19 AM)Spider Wrote: Just traded my season tickets for a mars bar and two half smoked cigarettes

Wanna buy some used non-filtered cigarettes?  You don't have to worry about pulling off those pesky filters.. 

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - rfaulk34 - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:09 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Would it surprise anyone if Taylor goes with Finley next week?  I am just saying...

Yeah. Probably enough to give me a stroke. 

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - BengalsRocker - 10-01-2019

Look at this guy's crushed velvet bow tie.

What the hell is wrong with NFL analysts these days?

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - kevin - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:23 AM)kevin Wrote: Great Post and few Bengals Fans ever get that.  The best QB's ever would not win behind this awful O Line. 

ESPN saying that after game.  With Williams out, with Glenn out, with the top guard retiring,  the Bengals O Line is a disaster area.   ESPN says stick with new coach Taylor but in 2020 get him some players.  They say don't expect much in 2019 with worst O Line in NFL.  We had worst O Line in NFL in 2018 and 2017 also.

(10-01-2019, 12:25 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I thought his name was funny but it’s snot.  I mean it’s not.

You picked a wrong time for that joke...  but you're probably somebody who already nose it.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - samhain - 10-01-2019

No quarterback of value should be slated to play behind this line. It's a matter of time before Dalton is hurt. Finley probably won't last long, either. These aren't NFL caliber linemen. It's not only incompetent relating to personnel acquisition, it's flat out dangerous for players.

Putting non-NFL players on the field with real NFL players is a recipe to get somebody seriously injured.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - psychdoctor - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:27 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. Probably enough to give me a stroke. 

I think Taylor may do something drastic at this point.  I know the O-line is crap, but Dalton is not helping.  

If this was Goodfellas, Mike Brown sleeps with the fishes

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - HuDey - 10-01-2019

On the bright side we have another “winnable” game next week.

STOP BUYING TICKETS!

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - samhain - 10-01-2019

(10-01-2019, 12:25 AM)iowahwky4cincy Wrote: More accurately, it was "why should I pay blockers?" after letting Zeitler & Whit walk. No matter, it was a generationally stupid comment/rhetorical question.
GO STRIPES!!!

I thought he said that back in the 90's when he let Montoya walk and got Klingler pasted behind terrible lines.

RE: ***Week 4 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers*** - Spider - 10-01-2019

Is there post game bengals radio i can listen too... anyone know?