Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired (/Thread-Potential-Candidates-to-Replace-Taylor-IF-He-s-Fired)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - THE PISTONS - 10-03-2019

*NOTE: This is all SARCASM for those of you that can't detect it.*

It's a bit premature to put this list together, but lets start to create a list:

Bob Fredricks - He's the passing game coordinator for the Fort Sumner Middle School offense. Their passing offense was ranked last in the conference when he took over. He's managed to boost their rankings to next to last now. He brings a high flying, innovative approach to the game. There's a soundclip of him charismatically firing his players up before a game saying 'Let's gain some yards through the air!!!' His team then responded with a 175 yard aerial assault on the Ligonier Alligators in a scrimmage.

Cons - He doesn't have much experience. He was the 6th grade girls volleyball coach the previous season. 2 Years before that he was a high school math teacher and golf coach. He was fired as golf coach, but reports say he didn't have much talent on the team.

What candidates do you have?  Sarcasm

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - Nicomo Cosca - 10-03-2019

Did he steal your girlfriend or something?

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - ochocincos - 10-03-2019

Eric Bieniemy, OC Kansas City.
He was being discussed last year, but the team opted to go with Taylor.
Fast forward to 2019 and the Chiefs have a top offense yet again.
They also know how to use RBs and TEs properly.
While the Chiefs playcalling is heavily influenced by Andy Reid, Bieniemy likely is also a key contributor too.
Even if Bieniemy isn't the overall commander of the Chiefs offense, he's still closer to being responsible for a successful offense than Taylor was before getting a HC gig.

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - THE PISTONS - 10-03-2019

(10-03-2019, 11:10 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Eric Bieniemy, OC Kansas City.
He was being discussed last year, but the team opted to go with Taylor.
Fast forward to 2019 and the Chiefs have a top offense yet again.
They also know how to use RBs and TEs properly.
While the Chiefs playcalling is heavily influenced by Andy Reid, Bieniemy likely is also a key contributor too.
Even if Bieniemy isn't the overall commander of the Chiefs offense, he's still closer to being responsible for a successful offense than Taylor was before getting a HC gig.

I'm in on Bieniemy only if we can give him the most inexperienced DC we can possibly find. Are there any offensive line coaches out there that have had NFL scandals that no other team would likely hire?

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - kevin - 10-03-2019

(10-03-2019, 11:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a bit premature to put this list together, but lets start to create a list:

Bob Fredricks - He's the passing game coordinator for the Fort Sumner Middle School offense. Their passing offense was ranked last in the conference when he took over. He's managed to boost their rankings to next to last now. He brings a high flying, innovative approach to the game. There's a soundclip of him charismatically firing his players up before a game saying 'Let's gain some yards through the air!!!' His team then responded with a 175 yard aerial assault on the Ligonier Alligators in a scrimmage.

Cons - He doesn't have much experience. He was the 6th grade girls volleyball coach the previous season. 2 Years before that he was a high school math teacher and golf coach. He was fired as golf coach, but reports say he didn't have much talent on the team.

What candidates do you have?

Katie Brown Blackburn as new owner, gm and coach since the consensus hope in Bengal Nation is that she will be the savior and salvation and the light. In other words, her feet and farts don't stink. Bring on Katie and Katie bar the door. 

In hiring a coach to take over a last place team you hire him knowing it will take more than one year to rebuild.  Taylor well may be just another Dave Shula, or he may be the next Bill Walsh.  It's too early to tell.  Taking over the worst offensive line in the NFL the last few years is hitting the new coach in the snout. All off season focus must be on getting some blockers in here and convincing Mount Baldy that you do have to pay offensive linemen. 

The Bengals changed a lot of coaches after 2017 and changed even more coaches after 2018. It appears what they need to change the most is players. Stick with the new coach and get some different players. These players have been stinking it up last few years, especially on blocking and tackling. It's time to end the Dalton era also, but not until a good O Line is built to put the new QB behind. You don't put the cart before the horse. The Top Priority on this awful team is getting good blockers in here because they don't have any. When you go back in time to Andre Smith getting his fat rear end knocked on the ground every play, well, that as bad as blocking can get.

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - THE PISTONS - 10-03-2019

(10-03-2019, 11:26 AM)kevin Wrote: Katie Brown Blackburn as new owner, gm and coach since the consensus hope in Bengal Nation is that she will be the savior and salvation and the light. In other words, her farts don't stink. Bring on Katie and Katie bar the door. 

In hiring a coach to take over a last place team you hire him knowing it will take more than one year to rebuild.  Taylor well may be just another Dave Shula, or he may be the next Bill Walsh.  It's too early to tell.  Taking over the worst offensive line in the NFL the last few years is hitting the new coach in the snout. All off season focus must be on getting some blockers in here and convincing Mount Baldy that you do have to pay offensive linemen. 

I don't know. Taylor and company had good things to say about Bobby Hart.

Boling retired and the Bengals knew this BEFORE the draft...and apparently thought they had replacements on the roster.

Jonah got injured, and they apparently thought they were ok. 

I really think the staff thought they could coach these guys up...and just failed.

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - PhilHos - 10-03-2019

(10-03-2019, 11:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's a bit premature to put this list together, but lets start to create a list:

What candidates do you have?

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=6024520]

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - lone bengal - 10-03-2019

I bet legit coaches would wanna come to a team that just fired a guy after one season. Let’s just stop the madness Taylor might not be the guy but we need to give him time to find out what he can do with a real offensive line. This roster is a mess and will take time to fix. Always thought a coach needed 3 years to get his system and players in place. If we don’t see progress in year 2 I would start to get worried. Plus people act like Mcvay just came to the Rams and his system just magically turned the team around. The Rams front office helped him out big time. They signed Andrew Withworth , Robert Woods, Suh, Aqib Talib, traded for Brandin Cooks , Patrick Peters, and Dante Flower JR. And they supplemented that with having good drafts and had talent like Arron Donald and Gurley already on the roster. They also signed a great Veteran Defense coordinator with head coach experience in Wade Phillips. To help out Taylor the Bengals signed a DC with no experience who was there 5th option and signed free agents like B.W. Webb, Wynn and John Miller.

(10-03-2019, 11:39 AM)lone bengal Wrote: I bet legit coaches would wanna come to a team that just fired a guy after one season. Let’s just stop the madness Taylor might not be the guy but we need to give him time to find out what he can do with a real offensive line. This roster is a mess and will take time to fix. Always thought a coach needed  3 years to get his system and players in place. If we don’t see progress in year 2 I would start to get worried. Plus people act like Mcvay just came to the Rams and his system just magically turned the team around. The Rams front office helped him out big time. They signed Andrew Withworth , Robert Woods, Suh, Aqib Talib, traded for Brandin Cooks , Patrick Peters,  and Dante Flower JR. And they supplemented that with having good drafts and had talent like Arron Donald and Gurley  already on the roster. They also signed a great Veteran Defense coordinator with head coach experience in Wade Phillips. To help out Taylor the Bengals signed a DC with no experience who was there 5th option and signed free agents like B.W. Webb, Wynn and John Miller.

You guys all missed the sarcasm in my initial post where I suggested they hire a Middle School Coach as a candidate.

But, yes...as I pointed out numerous times, in addition to hiring McVay the Rams added a bunch of quality players. The Bengals didn't.

(10-03-2019, 11:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=6024520]

You'll always have the Seahawks loss...to look back fondly on. Peak Taylor.

Bill Belichick's first season as HC of the Patriots, he started off 0-4 on the way to a 5-11 record. Keep in mind, this wasn't his first HC job. His first season ever as HC, he started off 2-2, but the Browns ended up only going 6-10.

Andy Reid's first season as HC of the Eagles, he started off 0-4 on the way to a a 5-11 record.

I'm not going through every HC's first season, as I'm sure there are some who started off pretty good (I think McVay went 3-1 in his first 4 games). The point being that 2 of the greatest HCs in the league today started off pretty poorly. It's not that uncommon considering that most teams with new HCs, have new HCs, 'cause the previous ones led their teams to losing records.

I'm als0 not saying that Taylor will turn into the next Belichick but God damn, give the man a chance before starting a stupid ass thread about who could replace him. This thread is as stupid as trying to figure out who the Bengals will draft in the 6th round of the 2021 draft.

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - RunKijanaRun - 10-03-2019

Seriously? 4 games?

(10-03-2019, 12:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Seriously? 4 games?

Ryan Finley hasn't played in any games. What do you think we could get if we traded him 'cause clearly he sucks.  Whatever

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - Fullrock - 10-03-2019

Anyone remember how long the last coach had here?

It is already drawing attention around the league, with whispers turning to chatter about how woefully noncompetitive the bottom quarter of teams in this league are, and what sort of drastic measures some owners might be considering to try to reverse course. We are barely in October, but the Dolphins, Bengals, Broncos, Skins, Cardinals and Jets are already cooked.

The bleak landscape is already begging questions about whether this could become the Year Of The One-And-Done Head Coach, and it's setting up what could be one of the most interesting trade deadlines ever, with football – the sport of parity – now suddenly mirroring sports like baseball, basketball and hockey with the stark dichotomy between contenders and pretenders.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfls-crowded-basement-with-six-teams-still-winless-heres-what-it-means-for-coaches-the-trade-market-and-the-future/

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - Nately120 - 10-03-2019

I realize we are just talking for the sake of talking (what else can we do, really?) so I don't mind even the most hyperbolic of scenarios to be analyzed and bs-ed about. With that being said, there is probably a happy medium between the "ZT IS GONNA TURN THIS TEAM AROUND" before the season started and the debate between "ZT IS A BUM AND CANT COACH" versus "THIS TEAM HAS 0 TALENT AND NO ONE CAN WIN HERE!"

But that's fandom for ya. Personally, I think we can stick with ZT for a few years because the guy is going to be in over his head and learn on the job...plus he is the HC for the Bengals and they set him up to fail.

(10-03-2019, 12:09 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Anyone remember how long the last coach had here?

Forget Mike Borwn's propensity to keep coaches far longer than necessary. There's not a single owner in the NFL that would fire a new HC after going 0-4 in their first 4 games. Not. A. Single. One. Yet, The Pistons for some stupid reason thinks this is a topic we should be discussing. Rolleyes

(10-03-2019, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Forget Mike Borwn's propensity to keep coaches far longer than necessary. There's not a single owner in the NFL that would fire a new HC after going 0-4 in their first 4 games. Not. A. Single. One. Yet, The Pistons for some stupid reason thinks this is a topic we should be discussing. Rolleyes

Or maybe I was being sarcastic and recommended a non-sense candidate.

No way should a coach be fired after 4 games. There are coaches fired after 1 year though, but we know that's not the Bengals thing...

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - XenoMorph - 10-03-2019

(10-03-2019, 11:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm in on Bieniemy only if we can give him the most inexperienced DC we can possibly find. Are there any offensive line coaches out there that have had NFL scandals that no other team would likely hire?

Bieniemy… with the soon to be fired Jay Gruden as the OC...

for DC...… most inexperienced you say....  Markus Lewis.

RE: Potential Candidates to Replace Taylor IF He's Fired - thillan - 10-03-2019

Yeah I know the OP was sarcasm, and this thread has a serious conversation.. I think I’d give him another year no matter what. Bengals had one of the worst defenses last year, and didn’t bring in anything. Offensive line is a wash, with retirement and injuries.

Really, we are mad at the guy, but what can you expect. Mediocre QB, poor OL, poor defense that brought in no new talent, how can you improve?