Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension (/Thread-AJ-Green-reportedly-not-interested-in-extension)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - ochocincos - 10-08-2019

Just saw this from Rotoworld this morning...
Quote:Entering the final year of his contract, Green reportedly has no plans to sign an extension, which could prompt the Bengals to start fielding offers for him.
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1622/aj-green

If true, I can't say I'm surprised, as I think the Bengals need to move on anyway. Try to get what you can for him, as this team needs as many draft picks as possible in hopes of a rebuild. A 1st rounder would be ideal but I'd be ok with a Day 2 pick.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - bengalfan74 - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 09:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Just saw this from Rotoworld this morning...
https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/1622/aj-green

If true, I can't say I'm surprised, as I think the Bengals need to move on anyway. Try to get what you can for him, as this team needs as many draft picks as possible in hopes of a rebuild. A 1st rounder would be ideal but I'd be ok with a Day 2 pick.

Agree

And I can't blame him if it's true. In fact I hope he does move on and finds success somewhere.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - RunKijanaRun - 10-08-2019

Even if he was, the time is nigh.

We love you AJ. Therefore, we set you free.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - TheLeonardLeap - 10-08-2019

He actually spoke about an extension a little bit ago. I saw omething about how he'd like to spend his whole career in one place like Larry Fitzgerald, creates a legacy.

Also saw that the Julio Jones and Michael Thomas extensions have made where he wants and what the Bengals were offering be quite far apart.

So it's not that he's not interested in an extension, so much as the Bengals aren't offering him the type of extension he wants. Bengals are looking at a guy who's been hurt 3 out of the last 4 years and will be 32 next year. AJ is looking at Julio's $22m/yr and Thomas' $19.25m/yr.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - XenoMorph - 10-08-2019

keep him off the field till traded then... not that hes ready to be on the field.

Honestly we should be fielding offers for anyone not still on their rookie deals.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Nately120 - 10-08-2019

Oy, AJ is a great player/person and he really would have played his entire career here IF IF IF this organization would have done just a wee bit more to show they gave a crap. Well, that's my take...I can't read AJ's mind but geez.

I legit hope he goes to NE and hoists the 7th Lombardi that hits those braggart Steeler fans right in their guts.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - ochocincos - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 10:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, AJ is a great player/person and he really would have played his entire career here IF IF IF this organization would have done just a wee bit more to show they gave a crap.  Well, that's my take...I can't read AJ's mind but geez.

I legit hope he goes to NE and hoists the 7th Lombardi that hits those braggart Steeler fans right in their guts.

I'd rather see him go to Seattle. I think he'd go great with Russell Wilson.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Au165 - 10-08-2019

AJ has to be able to pass a physical before he can be traded. I wonder if us not trying to rush him back is trying to make sure he can pass a physical in the event of a trade. I saw Duke Tobin was at LSU-Utah State where two of the potential top QB's in the draft were playing. Maybe we actually are setting up for a rebuild? We will see.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - CardCounterChris - 10-08-2019

I've loved watching AJ in stripes. Its time to let him move on. Its best for both parties. The biggest issue Cincy has faced in recent years is not reloading after the 2015 season. We lost a lot to free agency and the draft picks haven't been panning out. The organization keeps saying, this is the same team we had in 15, look...we have Andy and AJ and Geno and Dre....but when you lose that much talent and don't bring people in, you're set up for failure. The CP Ocho era came to an end and brought in the Andy AJ era, its gotta close for the next round of players to try to get the job done.

(10-08-2019, 10:15 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd rather see him go to Seattle. I think he'd go great with Russell Wilson.

I think he could do great lots of places...it'd just be great to see him join the Steeler-killin' Patriots.  I still break out my discount store Corey Dillon Pats jersey now and then.

(10-08-2019, 10:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: AJ has to be able to pass a physical before he can be traded. I wonder if us not trying to rush him back is trying to make sure he can pass a physical in the event of a trade. I saw Duke Tobin was at LSU-Utah State where two of the potential top QB's in the draft were playing. Maybe we actually are setting up for a rebuild? We will see.

He has 3 weeks before the trade deadline (Oct 29).

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Aquapod770 - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 10:19 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I think he could do great lots of places...it'd just be great to see him join the Steeler-killin' Patriots.  I still break out my discount store Corey Dillon Pats jersey now and then.

Plus the chances are very high he'd get a ring. 

(10-08-2019, 10:21 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Plus the chances are very high he'd get a ring. 

Yep, other than comparing it to a nonsensical scenario like AJ winning the SB here, I personally don't see anything that isn't awesome about him going to NE and winning a SB, or at least being somewhere near the damn thing for once.

(10-08-2019, 10:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: He has 3 weeks before the trade deadline (Oct 29).

Correct, but re-aggravating it between now and then would essentially mean he is gone for nothing but a comp pick. You could do a tag and trade but that would be committing to somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8 million in dead cap on the trade which we would probably not do. It's either he goes before the deadline or he goes for nothing.

(10-08-2019, 10:21 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Plus the chances are very high he'd get a ring. 

If he doesn't re-sign with the Bengals, he will not pass Chad on all-time receiving yards (still just under 1900 yards away) or receptions (still 150 away). 
If he plays at all this year with the Bengals, he does still have a chance to pass Chad for all-time receiving TDs though (3 away).

(10-08-2019, 10:24 AM)Au165 Wrote: Correct, but re-aggravating it between now and then would essentially mean he is gone for nothing but a comp pick. You could do a tag and trade but that would be committing to somewhere in the neighborhood of 7-8 million in dead cap on the trade which we would probably not do. It's either he goes before the deadline or he goes for nothing.

I just hope we don't see a situation where AJ says he won't sign here and we refuse to trade him and he stays "injured" all year and then walks for a comp pick.  I fear Mike Brown will just do zilch unless a team offers him more than a 1st round pick for AJ.  Prove me wrong, Mikey.

(10-08-2019, 10:28 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I just hope we don't see a situation where AJ says he won't sign here and we refuse to trade him and he stays "injured" all year and then walks for a comp pick.  I fear Mike Brown will just do zilch unless a team offers him more than a 1st round pick for AJ.  Prove me wrong, Mikey.

In reality we are better off if he stays injured if no deal gets done. He improves our chances of winning meaningless games and at this point that is a bad outcome. 

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Sled21 - 10-08-2019

Pardon me if I give those sources zero credibility.....

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Catmandude123 - 10-08-2019

AJ won't be easily traded for anything more than a second rounder. Finding a trading partner who wants to take a chance on a high priced, ageing, injury prone wr is going to be hard to do. He isn't practicing this week so he isn't playing next week either. That leaves him two games to return and show he is worth the gamble. I don't see it happening. He probably would rather wait and sign with the team he choses next year. I wouldn't play him at all this year because it would likely mean a lower draft pick if he helps us win and if he isn't going to play for us why help him get a payday?

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - scorp1974 - 10-08-2019

Trade him!!!! If he dosent want to extend and they dont trade him they are stupid. Trade him now to a contender for a 2nd round pick.