Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension (/Thread-AJ-Green-reportedly-not-interested-in-extension)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Whatever - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 01:16 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I love AJ but I can't see justifying paying him in the $20M a year range. His injuries are starting to mount and I don't see how you can afford to wrap up that much in a 30+ year old wide receiver whose recent history is unreliable.

Sorry but I don't see receiving being the issue. Our receiving core is plenty serviceable if we had an offensive line that could protect and a defense that can get off the field. Fix the glaring issues.

Our WR's suck outside of the top 3, and two of those are hurt right now.  Guys can't get seperation, and if they do, they drop it half the time.  We have a serious lack of talent there.  However, paying an oft injured 30+ year old WR monster money isn't the answer, either.  If you get a reasonable trade offer, you have to take it.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - psychdoctor - 10-08-2019

This is great news! For him and for the Bengals. Bengals need to purge the vets and get new blood on the team.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Nately120 - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 01:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This is great news!  For him and for the Bengals.  Bengals need to purge the vets and get new blood on the team.

I'm not expecting trading AJ to make us instantly better, and it barely matter what we get or what we do with the pick...the main thing is that moving AJ for something rather than letting him walk for less is a pro-active move and would indicate some sort of change in this franchise's methods.

Or maybe AJ is staying injured and is upset and wants out and we trade him because he's just going to sit and do nothing for us and things haven't changed much at all.  Either way .

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - R3stangs - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 01:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No it’s not. It’s garbage outside of AJ and Boyd.

We'll agree to disagree.

Tate has had some drops but I think he can come around. Willis and Morgan seem to be doing fairly well. Lack of separation has been a problem on this team for years and frankly neither AJ nor Boyd seem to get much separation either. Possibly mostly a scheme issue. 

We've shown even this year without AJ that give Dalton time and he can find receivers. 

But he whole receiver issue aside putting AJ back in the lineup is not going to fix this team. The problems are a lot deeper than the receivers was my real point. Paying AJ that type of money is going to be diminishing returns and you still have a garbage team. Just think the money is better spent elsewhere.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - ochocincos - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 03:17 PM)R3stangs Wrote: We'll agree to disagree.

Tate has had some drops but I think he can come around. Willis and Morgan seem to be doing fairly well. Lack of separation has been a problem on this team for years and frankly neither AJ nor Boyd seem to get much separation either. Possibly mostly a scheme issue. 

We've shown even this year without AJ that give Dalton time and he can find receivers. 

But he whole receiver issue aside putting AJ back in the lineup is not going to fix this team. The problems are a lot deeper than the receivers was my real point. Paying AJ that type of money is going to be diminishing returns and you still have a garbage team. Just think the money is better spent elsewhere.

What's your definition of doing fairly well?
Willis only has 82 yards through 5 games.
Morgan only has 6 yards in the 1 game he's played.
Both of their PFF ratings to date are below 60.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - jj22 - 10-08-2019

Remember all these "vets" are over 30 and highest comp pick you can get from them is a 5th round pick, so if AJ does leave, we won't get nearly anything worthy. I mean we can (and have) blown 1st round picks, but better try to steal a talent in the 1st round then the 5th.

Hopefully Bengals FO learned the lesson from Whit.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - RobertVadas - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 03:17 PM)R3stangs Wrote: We'll agree to disagree.

we must be watching something entirely different..willis and Morgan have shown nothing..but I do agree..while AJ is a great guy and once was a very good receiver..he never was a great receiver..dropped too many easy catches..this team needs an entirely new offensive line and some linebackers

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - XenoMorph - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 01:47 PM)jason Wrote: This...

And even Boyd is more than a notch or two below AJ Green.

Boyd is much better when WR1 is on the field...   (right now its like TJ trying to be the #1 guy)

AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - fullonbehavior - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 01:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: Our WR's suck outside of the top 3, and two of those are hurt right now.  Guys can't get seperation, and if they do, they drop it half the time.  We have a serious lack of talent there.  However, paying an oft injured 30+ year old WR monster money isn't the answer, either.  If you get a reasonable trade offer, you have to take it.

No one on this team gets separation. Hard to get separation in 2 seconds. All comes down to the O line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - THE PISTONS - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 05:02 PM)fullonbehavior Wrote: No one on this team gets separation. Hard to get separation in 2 seconds. All comes down to the O line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not 100% on the offensive line. Against the Cardinals, they pass protected fairly well...and still had trouble scoring.

Some of it is playcalling. Some of it is the receivers.

It's probably 50% offensive line though.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - R3stangs - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 03:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What's your definition of doing fairly well?
Willis only has 82 yards through 5 games.
Morgan only has 6 yards in the 1 game he's played.
Both of their PFF ratings to date are below 60.

Omg. OK. They all suck and should be shot. My point continues to be that if keeping AJ here requires a $20M price tag then we have bigger needs and should spend the money somewhere else and either use what we have or find cheaper recievers in FA if need be.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Catmandude123 - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 03:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Remember all these "vets" are over 30 and highest comp pick you can get from them is a 5th round pick, so if AJ does leave, we won't get nearly anything worthy. I mean we can (and have) blown 1st round picks, but better try to steal a talent in the 1st round then the 5th.

Hopefully Bengals FO learned the lesson from Whit.

The question isn't can anyone on this team replace AJ. The question is can AJ still produce and most importantly can he stay healthy. He will want top five money to stay with guaranteed money up front. The FO knows what we don't about his injury. If they weigh the pros and cons and still let him walk then we can assume they think he will probably not live up to his new contract. AJ has been paid well for his production and his professional attitude the last nine years so there is no reason to feel bad if he leaves. The bad part is will the FO use that money, Glenn's money, maybe Dalton's money to improve the team or just pocket the extra cash?

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - ochocincos - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 05:20 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Omg. OK. They all suck and should be shot. My point continues to be that if keeping AJ here requires a $20M price tag then we have bigger needs and should spend the money somewhere else and either use what we have or find cheaper recievers in FA if need be.

I agree that AJ's money could be better invested elsewhere (even on a new WR or two). Personally, if I'm going to spend $15+ mill a year on a WR, I don't want it spent on a 32 year old WR. But they do need better WR depth than Willis and Morgan if they haven't showed marked improvement by year's end.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - fortyyearfan - 10-08-2019

(10-08-2019, 10:18 AM)CardCounterChris Wrote: I've loved watching AJ in stripes.  Its time to let him move on.  Its best for both parties.  The biggest issue Cincy has faced in recent years is not reloading after the 2015 season.  We lost a lot to free agency and the draft picks haven't been panning out.  The organization keeps saying, this is the same team we had in 15, look...we have Andy and AJ and Geno and Dre....but when you lose that much talent and don't bring people in, you're set up for failure.  The CP Ocho era came to an end and brought in the Andy AJ era, its gotta close for the next round of players to try to get the job done.

I will NEVER forgive this franchise for not resigning big Whit.That was just insane and they do this crap all the time.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - jason - 10-08-2019

Does it really hurt that much to pony up for AJ Green if they are gonna be going full rebuild? A QB, LT, and hopefully another lineman on a rookie deal should open things up; no? I'm not terribly concerned with re-signing some of these guys coming up. Joe Mixon can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - reuben.ahmed - 10-08-2019

We should have moved him years ago. No amount of money can make him stay in this dumpster, imagine AJ Green retiring and not winning a playoff game.

(10-08-2019, 05:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I agree that AJ's money could be better invested elsewhere (even on a new WR or two). Personally, if I'm going to spend $15+ mill a year on a WR, I don't want it spent on a 32 year old WR. But they do need better WR depth than Willis and Morgan if they haven't showed marked improvement by year's end.

This team generally has to overpay to keep guys like Bernard and Hart. Having $15 million that we don't give to AJ...will probably just mean that we will give it to Vigil and Eifert.

RE: AJ Green reportedly not interested in extension - Weazzel80 - 10-08-2019

You guys are crazy for wanting to trade AJ.

That guy has been always been money when he's on the field. He's the reason people think Andy is a good QB and he's the reason we went to the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Look where we are without him.

That guy draws extra coverage every game and often beats it. His presence opens up the field for our offense.

Pay the man what he deserves and get him a top QB with our likely top-5 pick. Even if we can't work out an extention he'd be worth the franchise tag.

(10-08-2019, 08:21 PM)jason Wrote: Does it really hurt that much to pony up for AJ Green if they are gonna be going full rebuild? A QB, LT, and hopefully another lineman on a rookie deal should open things up; no? I'm not terribly concerned with re-signing some of these guys coming up. Joe Mixon can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned.

We need to save cap space to sign guys like Kerry Wynn, BW Webb, and Bobby Hart. Plus paying guys like Bernard like Top 15 backs to touch the ball 5 times a game or less.

(10-08-2019, 09:45 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: You guys are crazy for wanting to trade AJ.

That guy has been always been money when he's on the field. He's the reason people think Andy is a good QB and he's the reason we went to the playoffs 5 years in a row.

Look where we are without him.

That guy draws extra coverage every game and often beats it. His presence opens up the field for our offense.

Pay the man what he deserves and get him a top QB with our likely top-5 pick. Even if we can't work out an extention he'd be worth the franchise tag.

He's 31. A free agent after this season...so he'll have to want to sign here. He could leave. And this looks like a LOOONNNGGG rebuild, in which case he'll be retired before we're good.