Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? (/Thread-What-Exactly-Does-Brian-Callahan-do-Again)

Pages: 1 2

What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - psychdoctor - 10-09-2019

If Taylor is calling the plays, what does Brian Callahan do? Does he set play alignments? Does he recommend the 3 plays to Taylor? Does Callahan do with the Bengals what Bieniemy does with the Chiefs? Does anyone know?

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 02:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Taylor is calling the plays, what does Brian Callahan do?  Does he set play alignments?  Does he recommend the 3 plays to Taylor?  Does Callahan do with the Bengals what Bieniemy does with the Chiefs?  Does anyone know?

I honestly don't know Psych.  Mellow

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - fredtoast - 10-09-2019

I'd say he plays a big part in scouting the upcoming opponent and developing schemes.

He also runs the offense in practice while Zac is coaching the heads.

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - reuben.ahmed - 10-09-2019

Whatever he does, it's not good enough.

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - Yojimbo - 10-09-2019

He implements the game plan with the players in the meeting room I assume.

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - Au165 - 10-09-2019

...the same thing Eric Bienemy does in KC, Greg Olson does in Oakland, Pete Carmichael in New Orleans, Mike Groh in Philly, and Curtis Modkins does in San Fran.

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - THE PISTONS - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 03:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: ...the same thing Eric Bienemy does in KC, Greg Olson does in Oakland, Pete Carmichael in New Orleans, Mike Groh in Philly, and Curtis Modkins does in San Fran.

Most of those guys are actually successful at it though.

(10-09-2019, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Most of those guys are actually successful at it though.

No, they are on teams that are successful. We actually have no idea what they are doing and how big an impact they have. I'd venture to say their impact on each team is varying based on the structure the head coach has set up. 

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - Shouldamapads - 10-09-2019

[Image: whatudohere.jpg]

(10-09-2019, 03:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, they are on teams that are successful. We actually have no idea what they are doing and how big an impact they have. I'd venture to say their impact on each team is varying based on the structure the head coach has set up. 

So those guys had the title of OC. ZT was the Assistant WR Coach the 1st year hew as with the Rams and QB Coach last year...

Hardly driving the Rams towards success.

(10-09-2019, 04:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So those guys had the title of OC. ZT was the Assistant WR Coach the 1st year hew as with the Rams and QB Coach last year...

Hardly driving the Rams towards success.

What are you talking about? This thread is about Brian Callahan being the OC, what does Taylor have to do with anything? 

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - Millhouse - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 03:46 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: [Image: whatudohere.jpg]

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5028191]

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - MEBengalsFan - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 02:03 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Taylor is calling the plays, what does Brian Callahan do?  Does he set play alignments?  Does he recommend the 3 plays to Taylor?  Does Callahan do with the Bengals what Bieniemy does with the Chiefs?  Does anyone know?

He may not call the plays but I'm sure he works along side of Taylor to create the plays that Taylor will call. Besides that I'm sure he does what all other OC do outside of game day, prep the offense for the up coming game, review tape, etc... 

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - XenoMorph - 10-09-2019

helps design the plays and install the offense during the week.

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - XenoMorph - 10-09-2019

(10-09-2019, 03:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Most of those guys are actually successful at it though.

successful at not calling plays?

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - GodFather - 10-09-2019

He makes Zac's samiches  Ninja

(10-09-2019, 06:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: successful at not calling plays?

Their team wins. So we can either assume their teams win despite them doing nothing...or that they do something that helps.

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - HarleyDog - 10-09-2019

I guess if we ask what job duties an OC has and then eliminate play calling, yeeah, he does all that.

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - psychdoctor - 10-09-2019

So does Callahan recommend plays to Taylor during game, then doesn't Taylor give Dalton 3 plays to choose from?

RE: What Exactly Does Brian Callahan do Again? - Fullrock - 10-09-2019

He bangs Zac's wife in the locker room from 1-4pm on Sundays...