Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2019 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2019-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** (/Thread-Week-7-GameDay-Thread-Jaguars-Bengals)

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - bengalfan74 - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 05:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wasn't the Oline. I don't know what they were doing, but the LBs must have been doing something wrong over on the sidelines.

You can just say "five"

The defense excuse for Dalton is #5

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - cincyfan429 - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 05:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So why isn't Dalton on IR?

He missed games the last couple of years. Look this team stinks but it aint all on Dalton not by a long shot. Put a guy in a spot to fail and he will do just that

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 05:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dare I say it...I think Dalton needs to grow a moustache.

And a pair of balls...

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - rfaulk34 - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 05:33 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: He missed games the last couple of years. Look this team stinks but it aint all on Dalton not by a long shot. Put a guy in a spot to fail and he will do just that

So, he is a problem, in your estimation, but he doesn't need to be replaced...and the Oline is a problem too, but they do need to be replaced?

Explain that logic, please.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 03:56 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What's my Jacksonville counterpart called?

Oh. You meant different PLAYER names didn't you?

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

I very quickly identified "myself" in the Jaguars forum, as a username/character named "Arun Samus X".

I believe we all co-exist in "earth 2" (to bring The Flash ideas into the conversation) as dopplegangers in the Jaguars forum. I bet I can find Joe List and Fred Toast there easily.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - reuben.ahmed - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 05:24 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Fire someone.  Bench someone.  Show us you care.

Buy us flowers, do SOMETHING! We paid a lot for these Season Tickets.

(10-20-2019, 05:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, he is a problem, in your estimation, but he doesn't need to be replaced...and the Oline is a problem too, but they do need to be replaced?

Explain that logic, please.
Look we need a O-Line, and not ever Joe Montana could win with this line. I just don't think Dalton is the biggest problem. Team cant block, cant run has no LB. they will draft a QB but if they don't fix the O-Line they wont win any games next year either.

(10-20-2019, 05:42 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Look we need a O-Line, and not ever Joe Montana could win with this line. I just don't think Dalton is the biggest problem. Team cant block, cant run has no LB. they will draft a QB but if they don't fix the O-Line they wont win any games next year either.

Bullshit. The Oline has been pass blocking better lately. They still suck in run blocking. 

But you didn't answer the question. 

So, he is a problem, in your estimation, but he doesn't need to be replaced...and the Oline is a problem too, but they do need to be replaced?

(10-20-2019, 05:42 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Look we need a O-Line, and not ever Joe Montana could win with this line. I just don't think Dalton is the biggest problem. Team cant block, cant run has no LB. they will draft a QB but if they don't fix the O-Line they wont win any games next year either.

What are your excuses for Dalton throwing 2 of his 3 picks with no pressure. And what is the excuse for just throwing the ball up, right to a defender, for a pick 6?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - Billy_Bengal - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 05:28 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Which song is it?  I think it'd be fitting if it were the one that said "We can't play this game anymore but can we still be friends?  Heartbreak's never easy to take BUT can we still be friends?"

Bang The Drum All Day

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - Rattler - 10-20-2019

[Image: guess-whodey-zpsjp3wlvbb.jpg]

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - TheBengalsMind - 10-20-2019

I don't care if they switch Dalton or not.

But I still don't put all this on Dalton.

Most of Dalton's worst throws the last two weeks have been to Boyd.

We trade Green, I don't think Boyd has it to be a consistent number 1.

You put in some rookie QB, he better be able to move.

Because with Zac's offense he's gonna get killed. All 3 of our rushing TD's are by Dalton.

Zac Taylor doesn't want to run the ball, he's never wanted to run the ball. So he might as well be a man about it and throw it ever pass.

The difference between Bill Walsh and Zac Taylor?

Bill wasn't too prideful to change his playbook.

Cause Bill Walsh and Paul Brown completely scrapped a playbook to design one around Virgil Carter.

If I'm Mike Brown I'd go straight to Zac Taylor.

I'd tell him, straight up. Maybe your more cut out to be a insurance salesman.

Because both my star RB and QB have regressed under you.

You have made Joe Mixon look worse then Ki-Jana Carter.

You have put literally everything on your QB and as a result have him playing like Akili Smith.

So you have one week to sit down with this entire offense and design something other then 11 personal.

I want to see 8 offensive linemen, I don't care if you have to travel to the great land of OZ to find them, Dalton, Bernard and Mixon on the field at the same time.

I want you to run the ball until you have 100 yards.

If you try to pass that ball one time, before you have 100 yards rushing you fired. I'm sure you'll be a good insurance salesman.

I don't care if it's 3 and 58. If you pass before 100 yards your fired.

Before the game you tell those 8 offensive linemen that they are gonna kick the defensive butt every single play or they will die trying.

Every play your gonna knock them in the teeth. Lol

(10-20-2019, 05:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bullshit. The Oline has been pass blocking better lately. They still suck in run blocking. 

But you didn't answer the question. 

So, he is a problem, in your estimation, but he doesn't need to be replaced...and the Oline is a problem too, but they do need to be replaced?
Ok then tell me do think Tom Brady wins with the line. I don't think Dalton is some great QB, but it still aint all on him. Tell any QB in the NFL your team will rush for 2 yards today, but win the game, and in your wisdom tell him the line will pass block better. The solution is fix the line. My answer is QB's throw picks, and they throw more and play worse with no line and no running game. 

(10-20-2019, 05:46 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: What are your excuses for Dalton throwing 2 of his 3 picks with no pressure. And what is the excuse for just throwing the ball up, right to a defender, for a pick 6?

Wasn't Dalton's fault and it's just because.... nah,nah, nah, nah, boo, boo. Mooning

(10-20-2019, 06:02 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Ok then tell me do think Tom Brady wins with the line. I don't think Dalton is some great QB, but it still aint all on him. Tell any QB in the NFL your team will rush for 2 yards today, but win the game, and in your wisdom tell him the line will pass block better. The solution is fix the line. My answer is QB's throw picks, and they throw more and play worse with no line and no running game. 

So Dalton will just morph into a good QB in 2024. We just have to wait until then, got it.

(10-20-2019, 06:02 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Ok then tell me do think Tom Brady wins with the line. I don't think Dalton is some great QB, but it still aint all on him. Tell any QB in the NFL your team will rush for 2 yards today, but win the game, and in your wisdom tell him the line will pass block better. The solution is fix the line. My answer is QB's throw picks, and they throw more and play worse with no line and no running game. 

Once again...yes, another QB can play better with this line because pass blocking has not been a problem the last couple weeks. Shitty QB play, while having time to throw, has been a problem. 

Who is on the bench that can play better than anyone starting on the line right now?

Why the hell is it so hard for people to understand, THE BENGALS ARE 0-7 and have looked like total shit throwing the ball, minus the first game of the year. 

How is anyone going to come in and play worse than Dalton did today? And if they play as bad...so what?? Dalton has had plenty of chances to play like shit. Give someone else a chance to do it.

(10-20-2019, 06:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So Dalton will just morph into a good QB in 2024. We just have to wait until then, got it.
My point is not Dalton is great. My point is the O-Line is horrible. I just think a QB can't succeed with this line in front of him.

(10-20-2019, 06:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Once again...yes, another QB can play better with this line because pass blocking has not been a problem the last couple weeks. Shitty QB play, while having time to throw, has been a problem. 

Who is on the bench that can play better than anyone starting on the line right now?

Why the hell is it so hard for people to understand, THE BENGALS ARE 0-7 and have looked like total shit throwing the ball, minus the first game of the year. 

How is anyone going to come in and play worse than Dalton did today? And if they play as bad...so what?? Dalton has had plenty of chances to play like shit. Give someone else a chance to do it.
Well your prayers will be answered because they will get a top pick and garb young QB, but he will fail if they don't fix the O-Line. I think they need a QB but I am more worried about the line. I think a great O-Line makes a strong team.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread - Jaguars @ Bengals*** - Nicomo Cosca - 10-20-2019

(10-20-2019, 06:17 PM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Well your prayers will be answered because they will get a top pick and garb young QB, but he will fail if they don't fix the O-Line. I think they need a QB but I am more worried about the line. I think a great O-Line makes a strong team.

And there’s about 2-3 teams in the league that have one. This mythical “great OL” people keep pining for is just not realistic. Play calling and the right players can make up for a lot of flaws.

(10-20-2019, 06:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And there’s about 2-3 teams in the league that have one. This mythical “great OL” people keep pining for is just not realistic. Play calling and the right players can make up for a lot of flaws.
We were a pretty strong team with Whitworth, Boling, Zeitler and Smith and nobody was screaming Dalton sucks then.