Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach (/Thread-Time-to-face-the-facts-Zac-Taylor-is-not-a-good-head-coach)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - Trademark - 10-22-2019

QBs coach ? Fine, but head coach material or OC material? No...When he was with the Bearcats his offense there was ranked 123rd in the nation. When he took over as OC for Bill Lazor in Miami their offense actually regressed and only scored 17 points a game? Sound familiar? Our offense has been nothing short of pedestrian under Taylor. The team as a whole is atrocious with a bunch of Dolphins castoffs. Face the facts, Taylor isn’t a good head coach. Like the old saying goes be careful what you wish for. The Bengals may of not won a playoff game under Lewis but at least they were competitive most seasons. I don’t think things will get any better if Taylor stays, hope he proves me wrong but we need a leader on that sideline. I also question his leadership abilities with the fact he brought in someone like Turner.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - jfkbengals - 10-22-2019

He might end up being a good coach, but way too early to say one way or the other.

Hell, he had a pretty late start gathering assistants, and they can make a huge difference in how things play out for a team.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - fredtoast - 10-22-2019

I am not going to defend Zach and say he is a good coach.

But just like with any rookie player I am going to say it is too early to judge. His o-line is a bunch of back ups and that cripples the entire offense. The defense has some talent but looks lost. Maybe a better DC could fix that.

Honestly I don't have a lot of hope for him here under Mike Brown, but it is too early for me to completely write him off.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - SunsetBengal - 10-22-2019

Of course he's not a good head coach, he's just now learning the position..

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - THE PISTONS - 10-22-2019

I think his failings as an OC are more of a concern than his HC failings. He's obviously not some offensive genius.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - Hammerstripes - 10-22-2019

Good Lord,

Give me ONE head coach that could do anything with this O-line.

I really feel bad for the front office as they did a good (not great) job addressing this in the offseason. The following line would have been pretty good if not for the injuries and retirements:

Jonah
Boling
Hopkins
Miller
Glenn

That being said, I'm actually thrilled that we are in the position we are in. Dalton can be cut with no penalty and this is a great (not good) QB draft.

Any of the following guys would be significant upgrades: Burrow, Eason, Herbert, Tua.

It's also a pretty deep OT draft. We could easily get two legitimate top tier NFL starters if we play our cards right.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - WhodeyRay - 10-22-2019

I think the Browns are learning the same thing we are. The jump from position coach to head coach is to much unless they have been in the league for 30 years. Yes we are now on the Browns level. Sad so sad.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - scorp1974 - 10-22-2019

(10-22-2019, 09:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course he's not a good head coach, he's just now learning the position..

Which is a fail.  MB hired a QB Coach....   Usually the promotion is from an O or D coordinator to HC.  MB reached on the ZT hire.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - scorp1974 - 10-22-2019

I have a feeling this will be a lost 3 years of Bengal football. This year 1-2 wins (Dolphin/Jets) maybe. Next year maybe 4-5 as the staff gets more experienced but the following year probably another 4-5. Then we get a new coach and start from scratch again.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - Marlon23 - 10-22-2019

Just look at that Form: Hmmm  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

[Image: image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstripehype.com%2...=736&h=485]

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - BengalFanInNJ - 10-22-2019

(10-22-2019, 11:21 PM)scorp1974 Wrote: I have a feeling this will be a lost 3 years of Bengal football.  This year 1-2 wins (Dolphin/Jets) maybe.  Next year maybe 4-5 as the staff gets more experienced but the following year probably another 4-5.  Then we get a new coach and start from scratch again.

The Jets are going to crush the Bengals. Not sure why we keep looking at that game was a sure win. 

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - THE PISTONS - 10-22-2019

(10-22-2019, 10:52 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Good Lord,

Give me ONE head coach that could do anything with this O-line.  

I really feel bad for the front office as they did a good (not great) job addressing this in the offseason.  The following line would have been pretty good if not for the injuries and retirements:

Jonah
Boling
Hopkins
Miller
Glenn

That being said, I'm actually thrilled that we are in the position we are in.  Dalton can be cut with no penalty and this is a great (not good) QB draft.

Any of the following guys would be significant upgrades:  Burrow, Eason, Herbert, Tua.

It's also a pretty deep OT draft.  We could easily get two legitimate top tier NFL starters if we play our cards right.

Well there's a take you don't see very often.

re: Boling...they likely knew he was done BEFORE the draft.

re: Glenn...they named Hart the starter at RT. Glenn was not going to be the starting RT. It was Hart. They were moving Glenn to Guard.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - Circleville Guy - 10-23-2019

For me, it’s like what has he done to deserve even a shot at being a Head Coach? Can someone list the handful of qualifications that suggests that he is capable and deserving of that shot? What would you see from his past that really jumps out and says.... oh, this should be a natural transition.? I’m trying to talk myself into there being hope with him but I don’t see it.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - J24 - 10-23-2019

(10-22-2019, 11:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well there's a take you don't see very often.

re: Boling...they likely knew he was done BEFORE the draft.

re: Glenn...they named Hart the starter at RT. Glenn was not going to be the starting RT. It was Hart. They were moving Glenn to Guard.

And Price was going to be the starting C before camp began. Glenn & Williams were going to be RT and LT this season because that's what would have been the best unit.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - GodFather - 10-23-2019

(10-22-2019, 09:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: The Bengals may of not won a playoff game under Lewis but at least they were competitive most seasons.

What is your definition of competitive? Lewis has had only 7 winning seasons out of the 16 seasons he coached? I call that incompetent and someone who should've been fired years ago not months.

Zac could have the greatest offensive playbook and probably could only run 5% of it based on the horrendous offensive line he inherited from Mr Competitive Lewis. 

This year is a shit show pure and simple but what did you expect? Alot of fans had too much faith in this current roster. We need a complete overhaul.

What I DONT like about taylor is his choice in coaches, particularly Tony Pepperoni at DC. If we could've gotten a seasoned DC we could've at least had one side of the ball going in the right direction. 

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - bengalstruth - 10-23-2019

Zac seems to have good communication skills and would be a good face for the organization.  The players seem to like him. But a few things need to happen to make him successful, the sooner the better.  

1.  Relinquish the play calling duties. Let Callahan take a shot, or better yet get a proven NFL play caller in.

2.  Get a new offensive line coach.  Too many questionable things happening with that group.  I think the defense is playing well enough that if the offense could stay on the field and give them some rest --and hope of winning the game -- that they can get the job done.

3.  Give Finley a shot after the bye.  He may not be the answer but how do you know for sure if you don't try?  If they don't think he's worthy of the position why draft him?

I think Taylor is a lot like Andy Dalton in that he's only going to be successful if he has a strong team (coaches) around him.

The next few weeks will tell us a lot about our team moving forward.  If something doesn't happen soon he's going to start losing the players.  Mixon is already showing a poor attitude and I think we'll start seeing more lingering "injuries."

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - Destro - 10-23-2019

The Curse of Sam Wyche.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - motoarch - 10-23-2019

(10-23-2019, 12:14 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: And Price was going to be the starting C before camp began. Glenn & Williams were going to be RT and LT this season because that's what would have been the best unit.

Price was not going to be the starter.  He's bust and couldn't beat Hopkins for the spot.  We keep wasting picks on lineman.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - Au165 - 10-23-2019

I think he is doing fine as a head coach, the players seem to back him. I think as an offensive coordinator he is struggling and I think it would serve him sell to bring in someone to actually call the plays and let him look at the bigger picture.

RE: Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach - yellowxdiscipline - 10-23-2019

Pump the brakes man, its his first year and he's been given an aging roster to deal with.