Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
AJ costs Andy his job - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: AJ costs Andy his job (/Thread-AJ-costs-Andy-his-job)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

AJ costs Andy his job - Catmandude123 - 10-30-2019

Did AJ feel slighted that the team didn't resign him in the offseason? Is he not playing because of his pride being hurt. He was predicted to miss 6-8 weeks but here we are 12 weeks later and no AJ. Dalton has relied his whole career on AJ and when he wasn't here it definitely hurt Dalton. Everyone wants to say AJ is the ultimate team player but from what I have seen the last year it makes me wonder.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - GreenCornBengal - 10-30-2019

AJ did not cost Andy his job.

Signing Dre Kirkpatrick over Jones/Sanu and Whitworth/Zeitler lost Andy his job.
Drafting busts to replace those guys lost Andy his job.
Non-existent free agency strategy cost Andy his job.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - BengalChris - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:40 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Did AJ feel slighted that the team didn't resign him in the offseason? Is he not playing because of his pride being hurt. He was predicted to miss 6-8 weeks but here we are 12 weeks later and no AJ. Dalton has relied his whole career on AJ and when he wasn't here it definitely hurt Dalton. Everyone wants to say AJ is the ultimate team player but from what I have seen the last year it makes me wonder.

When was the last time the Bengals medical staff gave out an accurate return estimate for an injured player?

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - Rubekahn29 - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:40 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Did AJ feel slighted that the team didn't resign him in the offseason? Is he not playing because of his pride being hurt. He was predicted to miss 6-8 weeks but here we are 12 weeks later and no AJ. Dalton has relied his whole career on AJ and when he wasn't here it definitely hurt Dalton. Everyone wants to say AJ is the ultimate team player but from what I have seen the last year it makes me wonder.

Can we stop with the excuses? You.could argue that many others cost him his job. I have been a huge Dalton supporter till around last year. I went round with people who wanted McCarron in over him. But enough is enough. He is the only QB in history to be 8-0 and 0-8. What that tells me, is he is not good enough elevate his team and put a team on his back. He's not going to be back next year, unless as a mentor, so might as well see the new guy(s). The person who has to shoulder most of the blame is the player who was benched. He threw three interceptions in 5 plays two weeks ago. He laughably fumbled whiffed a throw in the end zone. He's thrown 22 yards in one half one game this year. 

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - Circleville Guy - 10-30-2019

I’d say that it’s more likely that the bungles medical team mis diagnosed the heal time. AJ seems like a good dude. They probably had plans to rush him back.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - GreenCornBengal - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Can we stop with the excuses? You.could argue that many others cost him his job. I have been a huge Dalton supporter till around last year. I went round with people who wanted McCarron in over him. But enough is enough. He is the only QB in history to be 8-0 and 0-8. What that tells me, is he is not good enough elevate his team and put a team on his back. He's not going to be back next year, unless as a mentor, so might as well see the new guy(s). The person who has to shoulder most of the blame is the player who was benched. He threw three interceptions in 5 plays two weeks ago. He laughably fumbled whiffed a throw in the end zone. He's thrown 22 yards in one half one game this year. 

We found the combination to bring him to 8-0, so why didn't we pay the money to keep the key cogs that got him there???

Management f'd up the Dalton era.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - Rubekahn29 - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:46 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We found the combination to bring him to 8-0, so why didn't we pay the money to keep the key cogs that got him there???

Management f'd up the Dalton era.

That I will not disagree with. 

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - Nicomo Cosca - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:45 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Can we stop with the excuses? You.could argue that many others cost him his job. I have been a huge Dalton supporter till around last year. I went round with people who wanted McCarron in over him. But enough is enough. He is the only QB in history to be 8-0 and 0-8. What that tells me, is he is not good enough elevate his team and put a team on his back. He's not going to be back next year, unless as a mentor, so might as well see the new guy(s). The person who has to shoulder most of the blame is the player who was benched. He threw three interceptions in 5 plays two weeks ago. He laughably fumbled whiffed a throw in the end zone. He's thrown 22 yards in one half one game this year. 

Glad there’s still some reasonable people around here.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - SunsetBengal - 10-30-2019

AJ Green in no way cost Andy Dalton his job. That is, in my opinion, just a ridiculous assertion. If we're playing "let's suppose", it could also be claimed that Andy has cost AJ Green millions of dollars, and many games worth of playing time and career boosting stats, by throwing to him in tight coverage so often that the bone jarring hits have worn him out.

See how dumb that sounds? Can we move on from the AJ cost Andy his job premise, here?

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - coachmcneil71 - 10-30-2019

Absolute horse shit! AJ hasn't turned the ball over all season. Even when the team was good AD was a turnover machine. Plz!!

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - bengalfan74 - 10-30-2019

Nope

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - RunKijanaRun - 10-30-2019

This take is so hot it melted my 1998 Blackberry

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-30-2019

AJ has been Andy’s security blanket the entire time they have been Bengals. Without AJ, Andy’s benching probably would have occurred sooner in my opinion.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - mt415tress - 10-30-2019

Andy's deficiencies cost him his job

He's been a below average starting QB in the majority of the NFL seasons he has played

He does not have any upside

And he doesn't do one thing well (compared to other NFL starters) as it relates to the QB position. 

He's an aweeshucks, limited skill, panicked, timid, unathletic bozo.   He was a waste of time.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - ezekiel23 - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: AJ did not cost Andy his job.

Signing Dre Kirkpatrick over Jones/Sanu and Whitworth/Zeitler lost Andy his job.

Couldn’t agree more!That pretty much sums it all up right there!

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - THE PISTONS - 10-30-2019

I would also blame this terrible coaching staff.

Andy is rattled playing behind this line too. Even when there isn't pressure...he sees it.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - mt415tress - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 10:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would also blame this terrible coaching staff.

Andy is rattled playing behind this line too. Even when there isn't pressure...he sees it.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/012/818/Movie_i_see_dead_people-769472.jpg

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - BengalsBong - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:45 PM)BengalChris Wrote: When was the last time the Bengals medical staff gave out an accurate return estimate for an injured player?

Bengals butchers.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - PDub80 - 10-30-2019

(10-30-2019, 07:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: AJ did not cost Andy his job.

Add Andy not being good enough costing Andy his job to the top of the list.

RE: AJ costs Andy his job - BengalsBong - 10-30-2019

I will be serving crow two sundays from now I will clean the hay off of the bandwagon as well.