Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Who are you rooting for tonight - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Who are you rooting for tonight (/Thread-Who-are-you-rooting-for-tonight)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Who are you rooting for tonight - bfine32 - 11-14-2019

Personally; I'm torn. Usually always root against the Steelers regardless who they play, but I have no problem seeing this Browns team implode. It is possible I could find myself pulling for the Steelers for the first time in my life

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - Fullrock - 11-14-2019

As much as I can't stand Baker, I don't have it in me to root for the Steelers. Ever.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - BengalChris - 11-14-2019

Taking some of that smugness out of the Steelers would be nice.

Mayfield is a joke, but sadly I don't think Taylor has it in him to coach the Bengals to a win over the Browns. But we'll see.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - Nately120 - 11-14-2019

I'd much rather see the Browns win. The media stops slurping the Steelers as the Kings of the AFC North for 1 season and we go all sour grapes on the Browns for taking some of the vaunted Steelers spotlight.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - HarleyDog - 11-14-2019

Always against Steelers.

ALWAYS!

(11-14-2019, 10:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Always against Steelers.

ALWAYS!

I'm with ya...if the Steelers win this game the media is just going to conclude that they were fools to ever talk about anyone other than the Steelers and we can get a heapin' helping of extra Steelers love all off-season.

Plus, I've seen the Steelers beat the Browns like 1000 times in the past 20 years (impossible, but true!) so I'm more than ready to see the Browns win.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - BengalFanInNJ - 11-14-2019

It would be great if the Browns won by less than 12.5.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - Synric - 11-14-2019

I always answer the same way when these kinda games happen.

I hope both teams beat the hell out of eachother....then top it off with a tie.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - leonardfan40 - 11-14-2019

I’m torn like you. Hard to root for the Steelers but I don’t want to have to listen to the Browns fans if they win.

I’ve decided to be an optimist tonight though. Either way I’m going to be happy. Either Steelers lose and Browns hurt their draft pick. Or Browns lose and further implode which I love watching after listening to how great they were gonna be all offseason.

(11-14-2019, 11:14 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m torn like you. Hard to root for the Steelers but I don’t want to have to listen to the Browns fans if they win.

I’ve decided to be an optimist tonight though. Either way I’m going to be happy. Either Steelers lose and Browns hurt their draft pick. Or Browns lose and further implode which I love watching after listening to how great they were gonna be all offseason.

I still don't get this.  The media hypes up the Steelers for the majority of the past 50 years and the Browns get over-hyped once and now we are so sick of hearing the Browns getting crowned that we are even thinking about rooting for the Steelers?

Unless something wild happens, this year is in the books and all we are going to hear about is how amazing the Steelers are for getting 2nd place in the division without Pig Ben all year.  The off-season love for the Steelers is going to be through the roof, as always.  But hey, we're all sick of hearing how good the Browns are, eh?

Welp, those days are done I'm sure.  What fools the media were to jump off the Steelers-wagon for an off-season.  Never again!

Ok, rant mode off...somewhat.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - bfine32 - 11-14-2019

(11-14-2019, 11:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I still don't get this.  The media hypes up the Steelers for the majority of the past 50 years and the Browns get over-hyped once and now we are so sick of hearing the Browns getting crowned that we are even thinking about rooting for the Steelers?

Unless something wild happens, this year is in the books and all we are going to hear about is how amazing the Steelers are for getting 2nd place in the division without Pig Ben all year.  The off-season love for the Steelers is going to be through the roof, as always.  But hey, we're all sick of hearing how good the Browns are, eh?

Welp, those days are done I'm sure.  What fools the media were to jump off the Steelers-wagon for an off-season.  Never again!

Steelers have not been over-hyped. No team has won more Superbowls than them in the past 50 years. 

(11-14-2019, 11:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Steelers have not been over-hyped. No team has won more Superbowls than them in the past 50 years. 

I just said hyped for the Steelers...they've earned it, I admit.  Don't get me wrong, the Browns hype was eye-roll worth and hard to buy into but it was nice to hear something other than "Steelers win the AFC North" for one brief moment.

I get it, the Browns are off-season champs and nuts to 'em let's watch them choke on their ego and avarice.

EDIT: I'll admit too that I'm likely more sick of the Steelers hype because I'm in Steeler land. People around here didn't worry about the Browns. They just turned "The Browns are going to suck this year because they have no talent" into "The Browns are going to suck this year because they're the Browns." Damn those people for being right. They're eagerly awaiting us ruining Joe Burrow, too.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - THE PISTONS - 11-14-2019

(11-14-2019, 11:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I still don't get this.  The media hypes up the Steelers for the majority of the past 50 years and the Browns get over-hyped once and now we are so sick of hearing the Browns getting crowned that we are even thinking about rooting for the Steelers?

The Steelers atleast look like some of their players are developing. I wish we had that.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - SunsetBengal - 11-15-2019

With the way Mason Rudolph is scared to tuck and run, it's looking more and more like Kaeppernick might actually end up in a Steelers uniform.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - Nately120 - 11-15-2019

(11-14-2019, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Steelers atleast look like some of their players are developing. I wish we had that.

Yeah, talk about crazy off-season hype...the Browns could still make the playoffs but we spent the off-season hoping that we could get better by giving our ho-hum roster a slew of garbage coaches.  Pride goeth before the fall!

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - Murdock2420 - 11-15-2019

I'm in favor of a natural disaster that eliminates both teams.

(11-15-2019, 12:18 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm in favor of a natural disaster that eliminates both teams.

Earthquake or Typhoon?

Boy the Browns sure are headhunting tonight.

RE: Who are you rooting for tonight - Murdock2420 - 11-15-2019

(11-15-2019, 12:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Earthquake or Typhoon?

Typhoon from the lake would be awesome, that filthy water would create mutants.  Hilarious

(11-15-2019, 12:30 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Typhoon from the lake would be awesome, that filthy water would create mutants.  Hilarious

[Image: 35_Typhoon-13.jpg]

Too obscure?