Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2019 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2019-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** (/Thread-Week-11-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Raiders)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - swilson3828 - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 07:56 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Burrow-licious.

ZERO CHANCE Brown keeps the first pick if the Bengals are bad enough to get it.  He will not draft Burrow with Dalton and Finley on the roster.  He will trade down to save $$ to a team that is in desperate need of a QB not even realizing that team is his very own.  I mean the suckiness starts at the top and Brown has got to be the WORST owner in NFL hsitory (and I'm talking strictly about being able to build a viable team)

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - CJD - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 07:58 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over the last two games, BAL's Lamar Jackson and OAK's Derek Carr are 25-of-27 passing for 331 yards in the first half against the Bengals. <br><br>One incompletion was a spike. The other was a dropped TD in the end zone.</p>&mdash; Ben Baby (@Ben_Baby) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1196199129724203014?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2019</a></blockquote>

That stat is actually incredible haha.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-17-2019

It’s a one score game. I’m still optimistic — but would anyone be surprised to see Andy Dalton in the second half? I think Zac might try this if the Bengals are close in the fourth quarter and Ryan Finley still hasn’t found his mojo.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Murdock2420 - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 08:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: ZERO CHANCE Brown keeps the first pick if the Bengals are bad enough to get it.  He will not draft Burrow with Dalton and Finley on the roster.  He will trade down to save $$ to a team that is in desperate need of a QB not even realizing that team is his very own.  I mean the suckiness starts at the top and Brown has got to be the WORST owner in NFL hsitory (and I'm talking strictly about being able to build a viable team)

I would rather them trade down to be honest.

One guy will not fix this team, draft linemen, draft LBers and get this team solid at other spots, then the following year get your franchise QB.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - swilson3828 - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 08:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s a one score game.  I’m still optimistic — but would anyone be surprised to see Andy Dalton in the second half?  I think Zac might try this if the Bengals are close in the fourth quarter and Ryan Finley still hasn’t found his mojo.

What are you optimistic about, the Bengals improving from the first half or the Bengals winning?  Large difference between the two

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 08:03 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: What are you optimistic about, the Bengals improving from the first half or the Bengals winning?  Large difference between the two

Winning.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - R3stangs - 11-17-2019

Why does he keep throwing a guys completely covered

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - BoBengal - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 08:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That stat is actually incredible haha.

Agreed.  We were griping about our kicker that's ~90% on the year, made a 53-yd FG but missed after the time-out (which is on par with the 50% NFL average beyond 5 yards).  Stats are everything and numbers don't lie.

In reality, our placekicker is not the issue with the 0-win season.

- We don't have RB that's scored a rushing TD
- Our last 2 opponent QBs have a combined total of 2 incompletions against our defense
- .... we could keep going on the list, but it'd be best for all of us to just stay positive

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - PhilHos - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 08:00 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: ZERO CHANCE Brown keeps the first pick if the Bengals are bad enough to get it.  He will not draft Burrow with Dalton and Finley on the roster.  He will trade down to save $$ to a team that is in desperate need of a QB not even realizing that team is his very own.  I mean the suckiness starts at the top and Brown has got to be the WORST owner in NFL hsitory (and I'm talking strictly about being able to build a viable team)
Wrong. Mike has NEVER traded a high first round pick.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - fredtoast - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 07:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Has Bullock made any kick that actually meant anything?

Last year he hit a game winning 44 yarder on last play of game against the Bucs and hit a short one to give us the lead against the Dolphins with jkust 3 minutes left.

51 yarder against the Lions in '17 to give us the lead with just 4 minutes left. 

Earlier this year he hit a 43 yarder to give us a lead against the bills with less than 5 miutes left.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - PhilHos - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 08:04 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Why does he keep throwing a guys completely covered
Cause no one's open?

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - CJD - 11-17-2019

I get that pessimism is justified at this stage of Bengals fandom. I find myself thinking similar things as well.

But saving money is no longer really a thing when it comes to drafting a quarterback. Every pick has a slotted value. Now, you could theoretically save money by paying the #5 pick and, say, a 2nd round pick (although that would be a horrendous value trade for the Bengals, I'm just outlining the concept) to save some money, but it wouldn't be all that much. Maybe a few million (out of a ~35 million dollar contract for the #1 pick).

Do I think it's possible that Brown would trade the pick? Yea. 
Do I think it's possible Brown is stupid enough to not draft a QB because we have 1 year left of Dalton (who we already benched) and Finley, a noodle armed back up QB? No.

But no matter what they do, I don't think saving money will be their main priority.

92 yard 8 minute raider drive coming up

The year before the stadium lease is up, that is when Mikey gets the first round QB and tries to build false hope that gets him a new stadium deal.

(11-17-2019, 08:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Cause no one's open?

Not true. That play had the back completely open coming out of the bacfield. My real point is he seems to be locking in on one guy and thats where its going no matter what

***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - PhilHos - 11-17-2019

Finley definitely maneuvers better in the pocket than Dalton but it clearly makes no difference if the receivers aren't getting separation.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Tomkat - 11-17-2019

For a guy who lead his school in completion percentage, Finley needs to step it up... 9/20 so far is putrid.

RE: ***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - George Cantstandya - 11-17-2019

(11-17-2019, 08:10 PM)Tomkat Wrote: For a guy who lead his school in completion percentage, Finley needs to step it up... 9/20 so far is putrid.

Not that I think Finley is the next Tom Brady, but there is a rather significant difference between players at the school level and those in the NFL.

***Week 11 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Raiders*** - Bronxbengal - 11-17-2019

Hunter Renfrow was nothing until the Bungles came to town and now he looks like a future hall of famer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bates finally shows up