Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Game of Thrones - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Game of Thrones (/Thread-Game-of-Thrones)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Game of Thrones - Beaker - 04-24-2016

Were going to find out that GOT was actually based on a post apocalyptic Earth and that the "magic" that is prevalent was actually attributed to advanced technologies used by the Valyrians.

RE: Game of Thrones - Thefinalcut813 - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 03:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: Were going to find out that GOT was actually based on a post apocalyptic Earth and that the "magic" that is prevalent was actually attributed to advanced technologies used by the Valyrians.

That is one hell of a theory.

RE: Game of Thrones - Beaker - 04-24-2016

(04-24-2016, 05:20 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: That is one hell of a theory.

hypothesis.....its untested

RE: Game of Thrones - Thefinalcut813 - 05-01-2016

Holy sht y'all! Did you just see that?

RE: Game of Thrones - Millhouse - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 10:57 PM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: Holy sht y'all! Did you just see that?

Awesome episode!! Dont want to give away the major spoiler, but cant help it. Hodor was once Willis! 

RE: Game of Thrones - Thefinalcut813 - 05-01-2016

(05-01-2016, 10:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Awesome episode!! Dont want to give away the major spoiler, but cant help it. Hodor was once Willis! 

Has to be one of the best

RE: Game of Thrones - JustWinBaby - 05-02-2016

It was a great episode with so much that happened. They just knocked off two kings!

RE: Game of Thrones - Millhouse - 05-02-2016

Also liked Tyrion's two new friends. That scene was great tho, 'just punch me in the face'. And yeah, a lot happened for sure. Two kings down, and a warden to boot. Ramsey is making Joffrey look like an angel, cant wait to see him get what he deserves. Davos has cemented himself as one of my favorite characters.

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 05-02-2016

So the finally our catching up the Ironborn story? Balon dies near the time of rob stark and jeoffery.

RE: Game of Thrones - BmorePat87 - 05-03-2016

(05-02-2016, 02:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So the finally our catching up the Ironborn story?  Balon dies near the time of rob stark and jeoffery.

and they actually gave a face to his killer.

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 10:42 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: and they actually gave a face to his killer.

in the books its just kinda presumed as Euron shows up the day balon dies.

But the rest of westros thinks he fell Making stannis think his stupid leaches worked.

RE: Game of Thrones - BmorePat87 - 05-04-2016

So does next week's episode end with L giving baby J to Ned right before she dies? or at least Bran's reaction to it?

RE: Game of Thrones - Stormborn - 05-04-2016

(05-04-2016, 07:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So does next week's episode end with L giving baby J to Ned right before she dies? or at least Bran's reaction to it?

Likely, if it does, Bran's gotta communicate with J to let him know.

RE: Game of Thrones - JustWinBaby - 05-04-2016

What would knowing really do for Jon? Although it gives him a claim to the throne (theoretically - proving it is a different story).

I think, regardless, he is going to lead the Wildlings on Winterfell.

Also interesting to read the story of Azor Ahai...and how the hero forges a flaming sword from plunging it into the heart of his wife(?). Makes me wonder if a spin wouldn't be Dany doing that to one of her two suitors.

The other interesting thing is they say Dany is supposed to be his aunt in the book. I suppose that's technically possible if there's a long age gap between her and Jon's mom....but otherwise in the show she's appears to be roughly the same age.

RE: Game of Thrones - rfaulk34 - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 08:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The other interesting thing is they say Dany is supposed to be his aunt in the book.  I suppose that's technically possible if there's a long age gap between her and Jon's mom....but otherwise in the show she's appears to be roughly the same age.

I have an Aunt that's only a couple years older than me and an Uncle that's a few years younger than me. 

RE: Game of Thrones - Millhouse - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 08:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: What would knowing really do for Jon?  Although it gives him a claim to the throne (theoretically - proving it is a different story).

Probably not too much (if true and he finds out soon) in the near future. But down the road having 'dragon blood' in him may come in handy with Dany's kids.

RE: Game of Thrones - BmorePat87 - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 08:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: What would knowing really do for Jon?  Although it gives him a claim to the throne (theoretically - proving it is a different story).

Also interesting to read the story of Azor Ahai...and how the hero forges a flaming sword from plunging it into the heart of his wife(?).  Makes me wonder if a spin wouldn't be Dany doing that to one of her two suitors.

The other interesting thing is they say Dany is supposed to be his aunt in the book.  I suppose that's technically possible if there's a long age gap between her and Jon's mom....but otherwise in the show she's appears to be roughly the same age.

Rhaegar was 24 at the time of his death. Viserys, the middle kid, was 8, and Dany wasn't born yet. Their mom was sent to Dragonstone with Viserys when she was pregnant with Dany after they found out that Rhaegar was killed.

At the time Rhaegar was killed, Lyanna had been with him for nearly a year, so in that time it wouldn't be a stretch that she got pregnant and had him. Jon was born around the time of the end of the war and Dany was born months after the year ended, so Jon is slightly older than her. 

They are at most a year apart in age. Most of the characters are far younger in the books than they are on the show. Ned is 35 when he is killed in the books. Robb and Jon are 15, Dany is 14. Sansa is 12, Arya is 9, and Bran is 8. 

RE: Game of Thrones - Bengalzona - 05-05-2016

[Image: 13118957_954604627989129_343869084211543...e=57E630E3]

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 05-05-2016

(05-04-2016, 08:23 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The other interesting thing is they say Dany is supposed to be his aunt in the book. I suppose that's technically possible if there's a long age gap between her and Jon's mom....but otherwise in the show she's appears to be roughly the same age.

Danny would be jons Aunt and the same age isnt a far stretch... Danny isnt Rheager's duaghter but his sister. The queen was sent to dragonstone with her too youngest.

rheager had layanna in the tower of joy for about year... Her leaving with him (or kidnapping in roberts view) was what finally kicked off the rebellion. Although it was close to boiling over after the mad king killed Lord Stark and his heir.

Jon the son of L and R would possibly be a little older than danny but right about the same age within a year of each other.

Also Jon and Robb were both of the same age or very close. Its doubtful lord stark had time to marry cat get her prego then go to war and ride all the way down to dorne get a milkmaid prego then return home with a baby in his hands when he was gone a little over a year total. and he didnt travel to dorne for his sister till after robert was on the throne.

RE: Game of Thrones - michaelsean - 05-05-2016

I've seen every episode and I don't know what the F**k you people are talking about. I guess I'm just in it for the boobs and seeing people slaughtered. And Tiberion or whatever his name is.