Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Game of Thrones - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Game of Thrones (/Thread-Game-of-Thrones)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Game of Thrones - rfaulk34 - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 02:10 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: If it was meant to reference the four, then I suppose they would have called it "Oathbreakers".

Could mean his larger Night Watch story arc, and the Jon broke his Oath (more than once, probably).  Maybe they meant to juxtapose it with Brienne's sword "Oathkeeper".  Just seems a bit inappropriate here as Jon is not breaking any oaths in this episode, unless as you allude it's about abandoning his faith.

I just took it to mean death was Jon's oathbreaker, since the last scene was him saying his watch was over.

RE: Game of Thrones - JustWinBaby - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 02:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So, was the scream, her giving birth?

I assume.

I keep reading something about "3 heads of the dragon"....most assume that to be Jon and Dany, but haven't seen much on who the third is.

Although Tyrion also killed his mom in childbirth, a point which is made maybe a bit too much to not mean something (which some seem to think means he's also Rhaegar's son).  Wondering if Tyrion isn't the 3rd.

(05-09-2016, 03:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just took it to mean death was Jon's oathbreaker, since the last scene was him saying his watch was over.

Hadn't thought about it that way.  Makes sense.  Although, technically speaking, seems like that would release you from your oath, or complete it....not break it.

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 03:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I assume.

I keep reading something about "3 heads of the dragon"....most assume that to be Jon and Dany, but haven't seen much on who the third is.

Although Tyrion also killed his mom in childbirth, a point which is made maybe a bit too much to not mean something (which some seem to think means he's also Rhaegar's son).  Wondering if Tyrion isn't the 3rd.

Tyrion is most likely the offspring of the Mad King than Rhaegar. (the mad king had taken to sleeping with his lords wives... another part of the reason for rebellion) but thats an interesting point about all the mothers dying on the birthbed.

Rhaegars believed he needed 3 children... He had 2 with elia of dorne. and he was kinda obsessed with lore and the prince that was promised.. When he decided on a 3rd child he said his will be the song of ice and fire. (jons song imo)

But the reason for lyanna's fear is robert was hunting down and killing all the Targarens. which is why she made ned promise never to reveal jons identity (thats the theroy at least)

(i can almost believe Tywin killed his wife after she birthed a child not his..)

(05-09-2016, 05:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tyrion is most likely the offspring of the Mad King than Rhaegar. 
Ahhhh....I thought maybe they were one in the same.  Would still make Tyrion a Targaryen, right?
I wonder if we won't see that revealed in one of Bran's visions before they confirm the bit about Jon, kind of tease us one last time before getting to Jon.

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 05-09-2016

(05-09-2016, 05:14 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Ahhhh....I thought maybe they were one in the same.  Would still make Tyrion a Targaryen, right?
I wonder if we won't see that revealed in one of Bran's visions before they confirm the bit about Jon, kind of tease us one last time before getting to Jon.

By blood yes... The mad king (the one jamie killed) was Rhaeger's Father. and Dannys

(05-09-2016, 03:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I assume.

Well, there are 3 dragons. And you saw when Tyrion spoke to the dragons, about how much he wanted one as a boy...

(05-09-2016, 03:35 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Hadn't thought about it that way.  Makes sense.  Although, technically speaking, seems like that would release you from your oath, or complete it....not break it.

Not break as in something illegal. Break as in putting an end to. 

RE: Game of Thrones - BmorePat87 - 05-10-2016

The Tyrion being a Targaryen is a pretty big fan theory as the book makes mention of how much the Mad King Aerys wanted the Lannister mom. Still credible in the books, but since there hasn't been anything in the show, it's less credible.

RE: Game of Thrones - JustWinBaby - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 10:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Tyrion being a Targaryen is a pretty big fan theory as the book makes mention of how much the Mad King Aerys wanted the Lannister mom. Still credible in the books, but since there hasn't been anything in the show, it's less credible.

I don't think it's hard for the tv show to go there.  There's already the hint of a possibility with the dragons not eating him.  And while it can be assumed Tywin hated him because he was a weak dwarf, it could just as easily be revealed to be because he wasn't his son.

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 10:53 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The Tyrion being a Targaryen is a pretty big fan theory as the book makes mention of how much the Mad King Aerys wanted the Lannister mom. Still credible in the books, but since there hasn't been anything in the show, it's less credible.

Very valid theory... When the mad king named lord tywin his hand... he insisted his wife come to court too...

Another thing that could be possible to link them is dannys deformed baby and the descriptions of tryion at birth... although the red viper didnt see any monstersitys

We wont know till another book comes out though if ever tyrion very likely dies before we learn the truth of this.

(i was a fan of his till book 5 now i cant wait for him to die.)

RE: Game of Thrones - Griever - 05-10-2016

yeah i fall in the camp of hoping that Tyrion is a targaryen

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 11:40 AM)Griever Wrote: yeah i fall in the camp of hoping that Tyrion is a targaryen

it might or might not play out. in the books he seems determined to take back casterly rock... after exscaping mareen

RE: Game of Thrones - rfaulk34 - 05-10-2016

In S3, Tywin was talking to Tyrion after the Battle of Blackwater Bay and he said "since i can't prove you are not my son".

RE: Game of Thrones - rfaulk34 - 05-10-2016

Quick question. Ghost and Nymeria(running around the forest i imagine) are still alive. With ShaggyDog getting the axe last week...is Summer still alive?

RE: Game of Thrones - BmorePat87 - 05-10-2016

(05-10-2016, 09:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Quick question. Ghost and Nymeria(running around the forest i imagine) are still alive. With ShaggyDog getting the axe last week...is Summer still alive?

Summer is with Bran.

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 05-11-2016

(05-09-2016, 08:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well, there are 3 dragons. And you saw when Tyrion spoke to the dragons, about how much he wanted one as a boy...

so Tryion set the dragons free in the show?

In the books it was quintin martell sent to marry danny as her brother was suppose to marry one of the princess of dorne. he set the dragons free.... he died for it... but it was his part of the story.

RE: Game of Thrones - rfaulk34 - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 10:43 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: so Tryion set the dragons free in the show?

In the books it was quintin martell sent to marry danny as her brother was suppose to marry one of the princess of dorne. he set the dragons free.... he died for it... but it was his part of the story.

Yup. He went down there with Varys and unchained them.

(05-11-2016, 02:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. He went down there with Varys and unchained them.

If varys got on the boat how does he kill Kevan lannister(hand of king after tywin died on the pot) and Grand master pycelle

(05-11-2016, 02:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. He went down there with Varys and unchained them.

If varys got on the boat how does he kill Kevan lannister(lord regent after tywin died on the pot and ceresci arrested) and Grand master pycelle