Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Game of Thrones - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Game of Thrones (/Thread-Game-of-Thrones)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Game of Thrones - JustWinBaby - 06-20-2016

Ramsay had 6k soldiers. Dany has 8k Unsullied, 100k Dothraki....and 3 dragons. Think about that.

RE: Game of Thrones - Bengalzona - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 01:04 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And I don't think Jon wants or needs her.

I was actually pretty disappointed in the episode.  The Dany thing was cool.  The battle fell flat for me - and Jon taking the bait was pretty weak to have that character suddenly regress so far like that.  And that mountain of dead bodies - wtf?!?

Predictably, in like the most predictable thing ever, the Knights of the Vale come to the rescue at the last second just as everyone predicted.  Pretty much everything of note, save maybe Wun Wun, that happened we all saw coming for weeks.  Basically a forgettable transition episode (despite the lame attempts at dramatic action).  Very disappointing for the traditionally strongest episode of the year.

And how dare they let that ***** Ramsay kill Wun Wun.

I agree. Pretty much every aspect, including Ramsey getting his, was somewhat predictable. Still, it's GoT so you gotta watch. And some of scenes were neat.

I think I called Dany frying the fleet with her dragons. I did enjoy the scene where they kill the two masters. Jon Snow proved once again that he "knows nothing". Sansa told him before the battle that Rickon was already dead and to watch out for tricks.

RE: Game of Thrones - XenoMorph - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 08:46 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I agree. Pretty much every aspect, including Ramsey getting his, was somewhat predictable. Still, it's GoT so you gotta watch. And some of scenes were neat.

I think I called Dany frying the fleet with her dragons. I did enjoy the scene where they kill the two masters. Jon Snow proved once again that he "knows nothing". Sansa told him before the battle that Rickon was already dead and to watch out for tricks.

yeah at that point  where jon was I don't know if it he could gone back with all the arrows.

(06-20-2016, 01:21 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Three big northern houses are *****. The Boltons are done as a house. The Karstarks are done as a house. The Umbers are done as a house. I wonder if Jon eventually offer one of their holds to Tormund and his free people.

The giants bane killed the umber  hahahaha...   tormund to the last hearth

RE: Game of Thrones - CKwi88 - 06-20-2016

It was a satisfying episode. While parts of the battle were kinda stupid (Really Rickon? A straight frickin line?) or predictable (All of Ramsays tricks always work,) the cinematography of it was excellent. The scene of Jon realizing that he done screwed up and was facing down the cavalry was awesome.

I'm mostly just glad to see Ramsay gone. He started off as another good villain of Game of Thrones, but failed to become as complex of one as Tywin, Cersei, Sparrow or Baelish.

While I've been hard on Martin for taking his sweet time writing, the TV show seems to be forcing the show along a little too much. I'm sure the Gandalf.....er....knights of the Vale ex machina is done a little better in the books, as the last 3 episodes it was a mystery why Sansa kept her mouth shut.

(06-20-2016, 10:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah at that point  where jon was I don't know if it he could gone back with all the arrows.

Yes. But should he have rode out in the first place? It was clearly a trap.

(06-20-2016, 10:30 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: It was a satisfying episode. While parts of the battle were kinda stupid (Really Rickon? A straight frickin line?) or predictable (All of Ramsays tricks always work,) the cinematography of it was excellent. The scene of Jon realizing that he done screwed up and was facing down the cavalry was awesome.

I'm mostly just glad to see Ramsay gone. He started off as another good villain of Game of Thrones, but failed to become as complex of one as Tywin, Cersei, Sparrow or Baelish.

While I've been hard on Martin for taking his sweet time writing, the TV show seems to be forcing the show along a little too much. I'm sure the Gandalf.....er....knights of the Vale ex machina is done a little better in the books, as the last 3 episodes it was a mystery why Sansa kept her mouth shut.

how the battle could have turned out if she just mentioned it to jon snow...  she apparently doesn't trust jon. as much as we might think...

RE: Game of Thrones - rfaulk34 - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:37 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yes. But should he have road out in the first place? It was clearly a trap.

Of course it was a trap. But it was his brother and who didn't expect him--mr wears his emotions on his sleeves--to go riding out there to try and save him?

Sure a bunch of it was predictable--in hindsight. But don't try to tell me that you all weren't worried (as i was) when Jon was getting crushed and the sad music started playing. Or when Tormund was getting his face beat in. 

What do you expect from writers when fans have days and days to formulate different plots/scenarios before an episode airs? EVERY possibility is gone over and over. 

You all just need to take a step back and try to enjoy the action and drama and stop...(this really isn't a shot or a slight because i do it too)...trying to be a better show runner/writer.

RE: Game of Thrones - JustWinBaby - 06-20-2016

I would have preferred they didn't all but tell us the Knights of the Vale would come to the rescue.

The part with Yara and Theon also could have been with held as a surprise. Another case where the foreshadowing wasn't really necessary and ruined the fun/surprise.

I just think that was really poor choices on the part of the writers. They spoiled their own thunder.

RE: Game of Thrones - Beaker - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:37 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yes. But should he have road out in the first place? It was clearly a trap.

He wouldn't have had to ride out the at all if dumbass Rickon had run zig zag.

(06-20-2016, 01:19 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I would have preferred they didn't all but tell us the Knights of the Vale would come to the rescue.

The part with Yara and Theon also could have been with held as a surprise.  Another case where the foreshadowing wasn't really necessary and ruined the fun/surprise.

I just think that was really poor choices on the part of the writers.  They spoiled their own thunder.

well the fans figured all that out littlefinger offered help and was refused and we didn't see sansa letter on the show.  and she never said a word about it.. 

so it was still a bit iffy if littlefinger would still show up... But as we have somewhat of his grand scheme in mind it made it fairly obvious he would not mind uniting the vale and the north (something he was trying to do in the books)   

But now the north is mostly united although completely devastated by war.. first robb took most of what was available then they fought off the ironborn... then the only ones with troups left the boltons who turned on the starks and the karstarks who left robb before the red wedding join forces and vastly outnumber the rest of the north.  (yes the umbers too but they sent most with robb)  

Surprisingly the mandrlys are absent in all of this. (the entire show for that matter)

But as far as the battle goes... Where was ghost (im not complaining as he would have died in that battle)  but where is the wolf that doesn't leave jons side.....

RE: Game of Thrones - GreenCornBengal - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well the fans figured all that out littlefinger offered help and was refused and we didn't see sansa letter on the show.  and she never said a word about it.. 

so it was still a bit iffy if littlefinger would still show up... But as we have somewhat of his grand scheme in mind it made it fairly obvious he would not mind uniting the vale and the north (something he was trying to do in the books)   

But now the north is mostly united although completely devastated by war.. first robb took most of what was available then they fought off the ironborn... then the only ones with troups left the boltons who turned on the starks and the karstarks who left robb before the red wedding join forces and vastly outnumber the rest of the north.  (yes the umbers too but they sent most with robb)  

Surprisingly the mandrlys are absent in all of this. (the entire show for that matter)

But as far as the battle goes... Where was ghost (im not complaining as he would have died in that battle)  but where is the wolf that doesn't leave jons side.....

Myabe Ghost is with Gilly and Sam? I feel like Ghost went off with Sam once in a while. Damn dog has no loyalty! lol

RE: Game of Thrones - BmorePat87 - 06-20-2016

Ghost is a loner. You're not going to see him on the battlefield.

(06-20-2016, 05:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ghost is a loner. You're not going to see him on the battlefield.

i mean if they just had a scene where he told ghost to guard his sister or something...  it would have fixed that plothole

RE: Game of Thrones - Beaker - 06-20-2016

Hows this for the three dragon riders....Danerys, Yara Greyjoy and Sansa Stark.

(06-20-2016, 01:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You all just need to take a step back and try to enjoy the action and drama and stop...(this really isn't a shot or a slight because i do it too)...trying to be a better show runner/writer.

Just because I criticize some aspects of the story of one episode doesn't mean I don't enjoy the series. In fact, it is because I like the series that I sometimes criticize. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. 

Actually, playing screenwriter is akin to playing fantasy football. Fantasy screenwriter, if you will. And just like fantasy football, some like it and some don't.  ThumbsUp

RE: Game of Thrones - Millhouse - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well the fans figured all that out littlefinger offered help and was refused and we didn't see sansa letter on the show.  and she never said a word about it.. 

I wonder how this will play out now that Littlefinger has officially helped Sansa took back Winterfell. Will he now betray her and Jon since the Lannisters wont be to thrilled? Will they all team up to take down the Freys at the Twins, which is what I am guessing for revenge? Or will Jon tell him about the Running Dead army up north, which could change all of Littlefingers scheming.  Either way, the North is definitely weak as the wildings are pretty much done for fighting wise, and all the houses are in shambles manpower wise after this battle and Robbs campaign. That leaves Littlefinger and his army as the real power in the North at the moment it seems.

RE: Game of Thrones - Millhouse - 06-20-2016

(06-20-2016, 09:08 PM)Beaker Wrote: Hows this for the three dragon riders....Danerys, Yara Greyjoy and Sansa Stark.

Im officially going with Tyrion as my second rider prediction. After Danerys, he is the only person to approach them that close that lived, was able to talk to them so to speak, and unchained them which had to form some sort of a bond. He is also learning to speak Valyrian too.

And my 3rd rider is Jon based from the R&L theory which I am about 99.8% certain is true.

RE: Game of Thrones - rfaulk34 - 06-21-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:28 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Just because I criticize some aspects of the story of one episode doesn't mean I don't enjoy the series. In fact, it is because I like the series that I sometimes criticize. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. 

Actually, playing screenwriter is akin to playing fantasy football. Fantasy screenwriter, if you will. And just like fantasy football, some like it and some don't.  ThumbsUp

That wasn't directed at you as much as other comments i've read recently in this thread. I just saved some time and quoted your post and threw in the "all".

RE: Game of Thrones - JustWinBaby - 06-21-2016

(06-20-2016, 11:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Or will Jon tell him about the Running Dead army up north, which could change all of Littlefingers scheming.  Either way, the North is definitely weak as the wildings are pretty much done for fighting wise, and all the houses are in shambles manpower wise after this battle and Robbs campaign. That leaves Littlefinger and his army as the real power in the North at the moment it seems.

Well, maybe it's that there isn't going to be some war for Dany to unite the 7 Kingdoms since it doesn't seem all of them combined can oppose her.  Dany takes Westerios with ease (which can mostly wrap-up the Cersei/Jaime/Tommen thing), and then Jon readily allies with her because he doesn't want to rule...everyone else has little choice but to fall in line.

And that would considerably advance the plotline leaving plenty of time to focus on the WW.  Although a lot of work remains to be done actually beating the WW (assume Sam will figure out how to forge Valyrian steel, maybe with the help of Bran and the dragons).

I'll call Arya killing Cersei, if The Faith doesn't beat her to it.