Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The 2020 linebacker draft class - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: The 2020 linebacker draft class (/Thread-The-2020-linebacker-draft-class)

Pages: 1 2 3

The 2020 linebacker draft class - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 12-03-2019

Who are you liking and in what round?

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - Bengalpool - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 01:31 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Who are you liking and in what round?

Moses mid to late first. Haven't studied too much on LB's yet, but if we managed to trade out of #1/#2 and gained another 1st via MIA, Moses would be someone I keep eyes on.

EDIT: Or a trade up from the second round back into the first. I don't believe Moses makes it past KC.

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - psychdoctor - 12-03-2019

In this order:

Dylan Moses
Simmons
Brooks
Baun
Bachie
Landman
Harrison
Brown
Tezino
Fisher

I am not a fan of Murray.
Landman is my sleeper pick at backer. He is playing for a bad team but is good.

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - Synric - 12-03-2019

(12-03-2019, 01:36 PM)Takedown Wrote: Moses mid to late first. Haven't studied too much on LB's yet, but if we managed to trade out of #1/#2 and gained another 1st via MIA, Moses would be someone I keep eyes on.

EDIT: Or a trade up from the second round back into the first. I don't believe Moses makes it past KC.

With Moses I think its gonna depend on how bad the ACL tear was if it wasnt to bad he could be back in time to work out for teams pre draft or it could have been bad enough that he has to PUP the start of the 2020 season. If he misses the entire offseason I would guess he could slide to the top of the second round.

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - ochocincos - 12-03-2019

Evan Weaver LB Cal, Rd 2-3.

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - J24 - 12-04-2019

(12-03-2019, 01:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: In this order:

Dylan Moses
Simmons
Brooks
Baun
Bachie
Landman
Harrison
Brown
Tezino  
Fisher

Landman is my sleeper pick at backer.  He is playing for a bad team but is good.

Just curious why aren't you a fan of Murray?

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - psychdoctor - 12-04-2019

(12-04-2019, 02:41 AM)J24 Wrote: Just curious why aren't you a fan of Murray?

There is something about his tackling technique I don't like.  He doesn't seem stout enough for inside and should probably stay in school another year.  It could be just me though.  I like Brooks and Moses better at MIKE.  

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - Au165 - 12-04-2019

(12-03-2019, 02:49 PM)Synric Wrote: With Moses I think its gonna depend on how bad the ACL tear was if it wasnt to bad he could be back in time to work out for teams pre draft or it could have been bad enough that he has to PUP the start of the 2020 season. If he misses the entire offseason I would guess he could slide to the top of the second round.

He tore it in August which means he should be back probably around draft time if he holds serve with most ACL tear. I think he is LB 1, but I could see Simmons maybe jumping him slightly just because he won't be able to test before draft most likely. 

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - BoomerFan - 12-04-2019

(12-03-2019, 01:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Landman is my sleeper pick at backer.  He is playing for a bad team but is good.

Love those sort of picks. 

I've been thinking about Jacob Phillips in the top of the 3rd. My only concern is that with a thin frame he might be injury prone (though he has no history to support that, at least that I know of). 

The more I look at this draft I get why people say we should take Oline with a lot of picks. This draft is full of them whereas none of the LBs I look at really grab me or seem to fall in the right place.  

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - psychdoctor - 12-04-2019

(12-04-2019, 08:11 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Love those sort of picks. 

I've been thinking about Jacob Phillips in the top of the 3rd. My only concern is that with a thin frame he might be injury prone (though he has no history to support that, at least that I know of). 

The more I look at this draft I get why people say we should take Oline with a lot of picks. This draft is full of them whereas none of the LBs I look at really grab me or seem to fall in the right place.  

For inside backer, take a look at Brooks.  It is why I do not like Murray.  

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - SadFaceBengal15 - 12-05-2019

(12-04-2019, 08:11 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Love those sort of picks. 

Love Phillips. He is the leader of that defense calls all the plays and that a very complex defense that asks a lot of their linebacker such as stop the run cover blitz etc and guy can do it all reminds me of Darius Leonard a lot. Would love him in the third.

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - Jpoore - 12-05-2019

(12-03-2019, 01:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: In this order:

Dylan Moses
Simmons
Brooks
Baun
Bachie
Landman
Harrison
Brown
Tezino
Fisher

Landman is my sleeper pick at backer. He is playing for a bad team but is good.
Where is browning here?

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - psychdoctor - 12-05-2019

(12-05-2019, 02:54 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Where is browning here?

He is just okay to me.  Maybe this order will change after combine

(12-05-2019, 03:25 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is just okay to me.  Maybe this order will change after combine

He’s gonna be in most top 5 lber lists

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - yellowxdiscipline - 12-05-2019

I think he could benefit from another year in school.

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - yellowxdiscipline - 12-05-2019

That Wilson kid from Wyoming is my sleeper pick.

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - sandwedge - 12-05-2019

I like Malik Harrison over Browning. Browning would do good to stay in school 1 more year IMO

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - Synric - 12-05-2019

If he declares NC Linebacker Chazz Surratt is a sleeper.

RE: The 2020 linebacker draft class - psychdoctor - 12-05-2019

(12-05-2019, 05:18 AM)Jpoore Wrote: He’s gonna be in most top 5 lber lists
He may benefit from the coat-tails of OSU aura of awesomeness but He is not in the top 5.  Not even close.  

(12-05-2019, 02:21 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He may benefit from the coat-tails of OSU aura of awesomeness but He is not in the top 5.  Not even close.  

From the draft network

For the first time in his career, Browning is finally playing as fast as he times. He’s starting to process quicker, play more instinctively than reactionary, and translate speed to power. He’s already surpassed his single-season career best marks in both tackles and sacks, through just five games, His performances in the box score would be even better if all the games this year were not so lopsided.

The bottom line is that Browning is finally starting to channel the talent that he’s always had promise of, and it’s scary to think that he has so much more room to grow still. I fully expect Browning to be a household name in 2020 NFL draft conversations by the end of the season, and if he declares, don’t be surprised if he ends up being a top-five linebacker on most boards.