Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Draft Central (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Draft-Central)
+--- Thread: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? (/Thread-Trade-the-1-pick-with-Miami)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - The Stars In Stripes - 12-05-2019

If Miami came calling and offered their top 5 pick and both picks in the twenties I would do it.

Would you?

I bet some wouldn’t

What would it take for you to trade the # 1 pick?

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Synric - 12-05-2019

Sometimes its Quality over Quantity. Both Chase Young and Joe Burrow are a couple of the best players to come out in a few years.

If someone is giving up 3 first round picks for 1 player...its probably a good idea to figure out why.

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 12-05-2019

(12-05-2019, 02:55 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: If Miami came calling and offered their top 5 pick and both picks in the twenties I would do it.

Would you?

I bet some wouldn’t

Would depend where in the top 5.

The number two pick and two picks in the twenties - yes. You can still get a rare difference maker at the top of the draft and have two further first round picks (plus pick 33). 

Number five and two picks in the twenties, I'm hesitating. Are you still getting a blue-chip player at 5? How much will it cost you to trade up to where you have the next QB ranked?

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - ochocincos - 12-05-2019

(12-05-2019, 02:55 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: If Miami came calling and offered their top 5 pick and both picks in the twenties I would do it.

Would you?

I bet some wouldn’t

Depends where their picks end up being.
If there's a possibility to get a good franchise QB, OT, and another impact player, I'd do it.

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Jason_NC - 12-05-2019

(12-05-2019, 03:36 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: Would depend where in the top 5.

The number two pick and two picks in the twenties - yes. You can still get a rare difference maker at the top of the draft and have two further first round picks (plus pick 33). 

Number five and two picks in the twenties, I'm hesitating. Are you still getting a blue-chip player at 5? How much will it cost you to trade up to where you have the next QB ranked?

If I felt Tua would still be there at 5, I would absolutely do it.

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - J24 - 12-05-2019

Easily your looking at 3 instant should be long term starters. The question is why would Miami do that?

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - SunsetBengal - 12-05-2019

Miami seems to have went to great lengths to accumulate draft capital. What makes you think that they would be interested in trading that off?

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - psychdoctor - 12-06-2019

(12-05-2019, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Miami seems to have went to great lengths to accumulate draft capital.  What makes you think that they would be interested in trading that off?

I still see Miami taking Tua.  I do not see them giving up 3 1st rounders to move up.  

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - SHRacerX - 12-06-2019

Would you?

I bet some wouldn’t

Absolutely.  Although Miami might be more likely to offer two this year and one next year.  If they want Burrow badly enough, this is what I would hope to happen, but I am really hoping they are at #2 and the Bengals get extra picks AND Chase Young.  

Right now, I am fairly convinced that the Giants will be picking #1 (the Bengals are going to blow this), and Miami will trade with them.  So, the Bengals may still get Chase Young, but not the bounty of picks I was hoping for if they don't take the QB.  

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Au165 - 12-06-2019

Miami isn't giving anything to come up. Honestly I think people have over sold their desire for a top flight rookie QB. I can see Flores going with a veteran FA valuing not turning the ball over and good defense over the big name QB. I expect them to invest in their O line and defense with all those picks and put a solid veteran back there and try winning "old school".

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Whatever - 12-06-2019

(12-06-2019, 09:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: Miami isn't giving anything to come up. Honestly I think people have over sold their desire for a top flight rookie QB. I can see Flores going with a veteran FA valuing not turning the ball over and good defense over the big name QB. I expect them to invest in their O line and defense with all those picks and put a solid veteran back there and try winning "old school".

With their cap space, they can also add a vet like Eli and draft a QB to groom in the 20's like Tua, Eason, Hurts, Love, etc. They will never have issues landing FA's due to the climate and no state income tax.  

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Kingslayer - 12-06-2019

Tempting.  I wouldn't want to trade down lower than 3 though.  They absolutely have to get Young, Burrow or Thomas

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Au165 - 12-06-2019

(12-06-2019, 02:12 PM)Whatever Wrote: With their cap space, they can also add a vet like Eli and draft a QB to groom in the 20's like Tua, Eason, Hurts, Love, etc. They will never have issues landing FA's due to the climate and no state income tax.  

I just don't think Flores has interest in a rookie until the team is built up. At 5 I think he'd rather have an elite corner like Okudah to give him what he had in NE with Gilmore. Now maybe with one of their 2's they take a chance, but this was more about their desire, or in my mind lack thereof, to move up to 1. 

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - schroomytunes - 12-06-2019

Miami would never give up all 3 first rounders for 1, but I think something like this could work:

Bengals trade #1

Miami trades: #5?, #22, #36

It works out on trade simulator and it allows us maybe this scenario

5-jeudy-wr,Thomas-ot, okubah-cb, lamb wr, or Herbert qb

22- leatherwood-ot, Moses-lb, Murray-lb

33- biaduz-og, matos de, love-qb, shenault-wr

36-any of the above that falls

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Hammerstripes - 12-06-2019

I wouldn't move below #3 for the simple reason that there are 3 guys at the top of the draft that appear to be elite: Burrow, Tua and Young.

Staying at 3 gets me one of them.

As for the trade, realistically, if Miami is sitting in the top 5 we would be lucky to get their pick and a late first rounder or second rounder. I don't think the extra pick would be worth it to pass on Burrow.

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - RiverRat13 - 12-07-2019

Those of you wanting to trade down had better be in love with Justin Herbert, because there's no way the Bengals are coming out of this draft without a QB.

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - SHRacerX - 12-08-2019

(12-06-2019, 09:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: Miami isn't giving anything to come up. Honestly I think people have over sold their desire for a top flight rookie QB. I can see Flores going with a veteran FA valuing not turning the ball over and good defense over the big name QB. I expect them to invest in their O line and defense with all those picks and put a solid veteran back there and try winning "old school".

Surprised to hear you say that....Miami has had a Cleveland-like situation at QB pretty much since Marino.  I think they would offer a TON for Burrow.  

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Au165 - 12-09-2019

(12-08-2019, 11:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Surprised to hear you say that....Miami has had a Cleveland-like situation at QB pretty much since Marino.  I think they would offer a TON for Burrow.  

I just don't think Flores is that guy. He comes from NE where it's easy to get lost in Brady but the reality is they are all about defense. Flores has been given assurances that he can take time and build a team which makes me believe he will fill out the roster first (They have a ton of money for FA) and then they will finish it off with a QB next year. They could easily be a big time player in FA for a QB as well, consider Bridgewater is from down there I could easily see them coming together.

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - ochocincos - 12-09-2019

Maybe they'd be interested in Andy Dalton...?

RE: Trade the # 1 pick with Miami? - Synric - 12-09-2019

(12-09-2019, 03:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe they'd be interested in Andy Dalton...?

That wouldnt be the worst move for the Dolphins because they have the Saints 2nd round pick that is going to be late in that round. I can see them taking Dalton with that pick and Jordan Love at the top of the second and let him sit and learn behind Dalton for a year.