Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Jonah Williams to Practice - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Jonah Williams to Practice (/Thread-Jonah-Williams-to-Practice)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jonah Williams to Practice - RunKijanaRun - 12-12-2019

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jonah-williams-practice-bengals-165646839.html

I hope they do NOT play him.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - ochocincos - 12-12-2019

It's important to assess him before the offseason starts to (hopefully) determine 2020 team needs.
Whether that's in a game or just practice, doesn't matter.
I'd be fine to have him play for Week 17, but I understand if not.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - Circleville Guy - 12-12-2019

It would be totally moronic to play this guy this year. Baby him and go hard next year.

(12-12-2019, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's important to assess him before the offseason starts to (hopefully) determine 2020 team needs.
Whether that's in a game or just practice, doesn't matter.
I'd be fine to have him play for Week 17, but I understand if not.

They need 3 better Olinemen regardless of how this guy looks.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - XenoMorph - 12-12-2019

do we think glenn will be the LG next year?

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - ochocincos - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:31 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: They need 3 better Olinemen regardless of how this guy looks.

They aren't getting 3 more starting OL in one offseason...unless they actively participate in FA.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - Nately120 - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:29 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: It would be totally moronic to play this guy this year. Baby him and go hard next year.

Meh, I say we play him if he can play.  He's got all off-season to recover if he immediately breaks again.  Plus, it doesn't seem in Jim Turner's nature to baby a grown man.

(12-12-2019, 02:41 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They aren't getting 3 more starting OL in one offseason...unless they actively participate in FA.

I’m just talking need here, the needs are already known. I’ve already heard several times that they’re very impressed with the play of mediocre Jordan. I imagine they believe Hart has earned his contract too.

(12-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I say we play him if he can play.  He's got all off-season to recover if he immediately breaks again.  Plus, it doesn't seem in Jim Turner's nature to baby a grown man.

I’m not saying that I’m right or that you’re wrong. I’m just saying that I don’t see much to gain from it. He was rated as the top 0linemen in the draft, he could be a 10 year player for the team. I also don’t have faith in the Bengals medical team. I would play it safe. Usually if something bad can happen to the Bengals, it does. That’s just my opinion.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - XenoMorph - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m just talking need here, the needs are already known. I’ve already heard several times that they’re very impressed with the play of mediocre Jordan. I imagine they believe Hart has earned his contract too.

Jordan had some struggles but most mid round rookies do  they generally improve after rookie season

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - michaelsean - 12-12-2019

I hope they don't jeopardize his red shirt.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - Synric - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:53 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m just talking need here, the needs are already known. I’ve already heard several times that they’re very impressed with the play of mediocre Jordan. I imagine they believe Hart has earned his contract too.

Michael Jordan is improving. Rookie linemen forced to start usually struggle there is no point writing him off but they still need to bring in depth and competition.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - pally - 12-12-2019

The team has 3 weeks to activate him or IR him after being on PUP. With 3 weeks to go in the season, this is likely just a chance to get him some practice time and a chance to do some evaluation on him before the offseason

(12-12-2019, 02:58 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not saying that I’m right or that you’re wrong. I’m just saying that I don’t see much to gain from it. He was rated as the top 0linemen in the draft, he could be a 10 year player for the team. I also don’t have faith in the Bengals medical team. I would play it safe. Usually if something bad can happen to the Bengals, it does. That’s just my opinion.

I hear ya, it's just that this season is worthless except for getting the young guys any sort of snaps or experience.  You can't start a guy's NFL career off by benching him for fear of him getting hurt.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - bfine32 - 12-12-2019

If he does play the next 3 games do we get to consider next year his rookie year? I'm pretty sure this is John Ross' 3rd rookie year.

As to the OP: Get his ass out there

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - leonardfan40 - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I say we play him if he can play.  He's got all off-season to recover if he immediately breaks again.  Plus, it doesn't seem in Jim Turner's nature to baby a grown man.

Agree, if he’s good to go get him out there to get some valuable experience when his mistakes won’t hurt the team.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - J24 - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If he does play the next 3 games do we get to consider next year his rookie year? I'm pretty sure this is John Ross' 3rd rookie year.

As to the OP: Get his ass out there

Yes the best way for a player to learn is to play. There will be rookie mistakes from him next season.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - Mike M (the other one) - 12-12-2019

(12-12-2019, 02:21 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jonah-williams-practice-bengals-165646839.html

I hope they do NOT play him.

If he's ready and cleared... Let the man play and start learning the NFL speed.  Find out if he can handle being an LT, if not then he will be a RT and we will still need an LT.

(12-12-2019, 03:26 PM)J24 Wrote: Yes the best way for a player to learn is to play. There will be rookie mistakes from him next season.

Hell, given our history I'm expecting him to make plenty of "rookie" mistakes in his 3rd season and beyond.

RE: Jonah Williams to Practice - pally - 12-12-2019

He is only cleared for individual drills. He is not playing this year