Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Reds interested in Lindor? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Cincinnati Reds (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Reds)
+--- Thread: Reds interested in Lindor? (/Thread-Reds-interested-in-Lindor)

Pages: 1 2

Reds interested in Lindor? - cinci4life - 12-19-2019

Reds are talking to the Indians about trade scenarios for Francisco Lindor.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/reds-reportedly-exploring-francisco-lindor-trade-scenarios.html

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - bengalfan74 - 12-19-2019

Would love to have him ! He has a WAR of 4.7

His production on offense from the SS position is just gravy and would help to make up for Votto. I'm just afraid they'd have to give up to much to get him.

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - Yojimbo - 12-19-2019

Would be a great addition. Probably have to give up 4 of our top 10 prospects.

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - Circleville Guy - 12-19-2019

He’s a great talent with 2 years of control. The price would be high. The Indians are high on Senzel. Senzel, Mahle, Galvis and Santillan May do it.

(12-19-2019, 06:56 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He’s a great talent with 2 years of control. The price would be high. The Indians are high on Senzel. Senzel, Mahle, Galvis and Santillan May do it.

I don’t think we are giving up Galvis. He’s too valuable to competing this year due to his ability to back up SS and 2B. I don’t think Senzel is on the table either because the Reds are saying they intend to compete this year.

My guess is 4 prospects:

2 of these 3 pitchers: Greene/Lodolo/Santillan
2 of these 3 hitters: India/Stephenson/Garcia

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - Circleville Guy - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 07:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don’t think we are giving up Galvis. He’s too valuable to competing this year due to his ability to back up SS and 2B. I don’t think Senzel is on the table either because the Reds are saying they intend to compete this year.

My guess is 4 prospects:

2 of these 3 pitchers: Greene/Lodolo/Santillan
2 of these 3 hitters: India/Stephenson/Garcia

Cleveland seems to specifically like Senzel in the deal. Galvis would be more about absorbing some of the 18 million a year that Lindor is projected to get. It would be interested to see what kind and f package it would take. I’m not sure that the Reds could afford to extend him so I wouldn’t give 20 years of control away for 2 years.

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - SunsetBengal - 12-19-2019

Hmm, with the Reds still being stuck with the Votto contract, is it really time to trade away a shit ton of prospects, for a guy due to hit the open market in two years, like they are in "win now" mode?

I don't mind the Reds picking up talent, by paying the market price. But, trading away talented prospects should be reserved for late in the season, if they're actually in the hunt for the series..

(12-19-2019, 08:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, with the Reds still being stuck with the Votto contract, is it really time to trade away a shit ton of prospects, for a guy due to hit the open market in two years, like they are in "win now" mode?

I don't mind the Reds picking up talent, by paying the market price. But, trading away talented prospects should be reserved for late in the season, if they're actually in the hunt for the series..

They’ve said they are in win now mode and intend to compete to win the Central. If that’s their plan, you can’t trade big league ready talent, you have to trade prospects.

(12-19-2019, 08:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: They’ve said they are in win now mode and intend to compete to win the Central. If that’s their plan, you can’t trade big league ready talent, you have to trade prospects.

Yeah, I get that.  But, it also seems like we've lived this dream a few times already.  I'd rather they just field a respectable team that shows promise, and then make "the moves", as the playoffs approach.

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - CJD - 12-19-2019

Lindor would probably cost us:
Santillan
Lodolo
India
Senzel or Greene
Maybe Galvis (just to fill SS while they rebuild)

Is that a price we're prepared to pay? I'm not sure.

The idea of a Suarez - Lindor - Moose - Votto infield though....That's awfully ***** tempting.

In my opinion trading Senzel is the only place I draw the line. Maybe Greene as well. If we can get a deal done without including those two, I'm game, no matter the cost. Especially if we can do one of those trade and sign deals where we get Lindor for the next 4 years rather than the next 2. He's a young and elite player. I just don't think weakening CF to strengthen SS is a way to compete right now (regarding trading Senzel).

At some point you just have to pull the trigger, when you're close. The more I think about it the more I think it's time.

(12-19-2019, 09:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: At some point you just have to pull the trigger, when you're close. The more I think about it the more I think it's time.

All that, for a position player?  Are we even that certain that the starting rotation will stay healthy?

(12-19-2019, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All that, for a position player?  Are we even that certain that the starting rotation will stay healthy?

Oh no ! I don't mean sell the farm, I wouldn't do that no way !

If they could get him for Hunter Green, couple mid level prospects, Galvis yes pull the trigger.

If it's four of our top level prospects and Galvis I'd pass.

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - Circleville Guy - 12-20-2019

I don’t want to lose Lodolo. I would include Santillan and one of India, Greene or Senzel. Winker could also be attractive to an American League team.

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-20-2019

It would be fitting for Winker to go to the Indians. I believe Winker is an ancient Navajo word translating to "Strictly A DH", but I could be wrong about that.

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - guyofthetiger - 12-20-2019

I like Lindor. Could be another Phillips like trade with the Indians. I'm all for winning now.

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - cinci4life - 12-20-2019

Sounds like the Indians will make a decision on Lindor this weekend after asking the interested clubs for their final and best offer. Mets appear to be out after not wanting to include Jeff McNeil in their offer which seems to leave Dodgers, Padres, and Reds.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/12/latest-on-francisco-lindor.html

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - Circleville Guy - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 12:32 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It would be fitting for Winker to go to the Indians. I believe Winker is an ancient Navajo word translating to "Strictly A DH", but I could be wrong about that.

Lol... I think you’re right!

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - fredtoast - 12-20-2019

I hate to disappoint Cincinnati sports fans, but Polonius was talking about "Coming to Cincy" when he said "Neither a Burrow nor a Lindor be."

RE: Reds interested in Lindor? - grampahol - 12-21-2019

There are all kinds of scenarios being tossed around with many including the Dodgers getting in on the act with a 3 and maybe even 4 team trade. To be honest I am NOT opposed to reacquiring Iglesias for SS and pocketing the savings and instead shoring up the OF and bullpen if possible.