Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? (/Thread-Can-we-start-Darius-Phillips-against-the-Browns)

Pages: 1 2

Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Synric - 12-22-2019

Phillips had an INT, 2 PDs, and a tackle in a quarter and a half...

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - KillerGoose - 12-22-2019

I am all for this. He played a great game and from what I have seen, has played great every time he has had the opportunity.

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Murdock2420 - 12-22-2019

Let him replace Dre K next year, shows more willingness to tackle and attack the ball then Dre ever has, even at Alabama.

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Synric - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:52 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Let him replace Dre K next year, shows more willingness to tackle and attack the ball then Dre ever has, even at Alabama.

Dre Kirkpatrick is still the best corner on the team if he would replace an outside corner it would be William Jackson who was awful today.

Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - JSR18 - 12-22-2019

Phillips should have been starting over BW Webb all year!!

All that is, is DC Anarumo hanging off Webb's jock.

Webb should've never been signed in the first place...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - t3r3e3 - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick is still the best corner on the team if he would replace an outside corner it would be William Jackson who was awful today.

I wonder if Lou’s defensive schemes aren’t a major reason behind the regression at CB? LB was and still is a dumpster fire, but the CB’s and S’s were better last year.

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - J24 - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Dre Kirkpatrick is still the best corner on the team if he would replace an outside corner it would be William Jackson who was awful today.

Jackson had a bad game today but he has way more potential than Kirkpatrick.

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Synric - 12-22-2019

(12-22-2019, 08:06 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Phillips should have been starting over BW Webb all year!!

Darius Phillips has been Injuried all year. 

(12-22-2019, 08:10 PM)J24 Wrote: Jackson had a bad game today but he has way more potential than Kirkpatrick.

William Jackson has not been good in his time starting. People will point to his Rookie year but if you watch his play he had alot of recoveries after bad coverage. 

Dre Kirkpateick might not be a top 5 corner but he's consistent and still the best corner on the team.

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - JSR18 - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 08:15 PM)Synric Wrote:
Darius Phillips has been Injuried all year. 

William Jackson has not been good in his time starting. People will point to his Rookie year but if you watch his play he had alot of recoveries after bad coverage. 

Dre Kirkpateick might not be a top 5 corner but he's consistent and still the best corner on the team.

Who Dey My apologies for being uninformed... 

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - pally - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 08:06 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Phillips should have been starting over BW Webb all year!!

kind of hard to start all year when he spent 1/2 of it on IR

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Bengalitis - 12-23-2019

the D did better towards the end of the year because DRE was NOT playing, simple as that. Philips is a starter too.

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Sled21 - 12-23-2019

In all honesty and fairness to Webb, he has been playing with a broken hand most of the year.....

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - CJD - 12-23-2019

Please do this.

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - bengalfan74 - 12-23-2019

And Dolegala ?

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - SHRacerX - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 07:10 PM)Synric Wrote: Phillips had an INT, 2 PDs, and a tackle in a quarter and a half...

Dre's contract should be unloaded for whatever draft pick you can get and start Phillips.  Put the savings toward a FA LB or three...

While I completely agree with the latter part, I completely disagree about Dre.

That being said, is WJIII blind?  He is in excellent position play after play and just never finds the ball?  He was awful today.  Jesus, what happened to this guy?

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Bengalpool - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 11:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dre's contract should be unloaded for whatever draft pick you can get and start Phillips.  Put the savings toward a FA LB or three...

Is there a team even stupid enough to offer a cold ham sandwich for this bum? I can't wait until this laughingstock is gone. Maybe he'll be stiff-armed by the door on his way out when that day comes.

(12-23-2019, 11:12 AM)Takedown Wrote: Is there a team even stupid enough to offer a cold ham sandwich for this bum? I can't wait until this laughingstock is gone. Maybe he'll be stiff-armed by the door on his way out when that day comes.

If the usual Bengal logic happens, he will go to pitt, put on 20 lbs of muscle overnight, and become a Pro Bowl shut down CB.  

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - Bengalpool - 12-23-2019

(12-23-2019, 11:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If the usual Bengal logic happens, he will go to pitt, put on 20 lbs of muscle overnight, and become a Pro Bowl shut down CB.  

Sounds about right.

RE: Can we start Darius Phillips against the Browns? - JSR18 - 12-23-2019

(12-22-2019, 08:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Darius Phillips has been Injuried all year. 

(12-23-2019, 01:19 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Who Dey My apologies for being uninformed... 

(12-23-2019, 10:09 AM)pally Wrote: kind of hard to start all year when he spent 1/2 of it on IR

Who Dey Again, I apologize for being uninformed...