Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (https://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (https://thebengalsboard.com/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? (/thread-22597.html)

Pages: 1 2

Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - spazz70 - 12-29-2019

That is all

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - jfkbengals - 12-29-2019

Sure.

There are plenty of legal places in Nevada where a grown man can go do those things

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Nicomo Cosca - 12-29-2019

I’m coming around on Pratt. He might be a solid LB for us.

Phillips got beat on the OBJ TD, but at least the kid has decent hands. He had twice as many picks today as all of our CB’s combined had ALL LAST SEASON.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - TheLeonardLeap - 12-29-2019

If you get 2 INT, but give up 2 TD, do you deserve love?

- - - - - -

Also, did Pratt do something I am unaware of? Stat sheet says 2 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 TFL. 0 INT, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 0 PD

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - SunsetBengal - 12-29-2019

Pratt is going to be a good player for many years, if he stays healthy.

Phillips needs to be coached up on that coverage thing, but he lives up to the excitement factor of his college highlight reel.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Lionel Hutz - 12-29-2019

Not a cornerback in the NFL could've done anything about the OBJ touchdown. Phillips showed me last few weeks that he a guy to look forward to next year.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - BengalChris - 12-29-2019

I like Phillips. Two picks is a great day. He needs to learn more to become savvy at the position and coverage, but I don't see anyone on this coaching staff who's going to teach him. He's got the speed and hands.

I can't tell anything about Pratt. I have trouble believing the defense is being schemed correctly for the players. Maybe Pratt will be good some day, but there's no way to tell yet. Still way too many tackles being made by the secondary.

16 games and the coaches still have no clue about their own players. It took Taylor 10 weeks to figure out that Mixon was a good RB and should be run. At this rate, we might have a 4 win season in a few years.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Synric - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 07:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If you get 2 INT, but give up 2 TD, do you deserve love?

- - - - - -

Also, did Pratt do something I am unaware of? Stat sheet says 2 solo tackles, 3 assisted tackles, 1 TFL. 0 INT, 0 Sacks, 0 FF, 0 PD

First TD he had outside leverage and Williams was supposed to have inside but Williams froze on the play action. Second TD was all Phillip's he turned around to play the ball.

Pratt also had a couple pressures. He looked good and has looked good.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - jfkbengals - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 07:44 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Not a cornerback in the NFL could've done anything about the OBJ touchdown.  Phillips showed me last few weeks that he a guy to look forward to next year.

Disagree.

A wily vet would have given him a good shove to prevent that second foot coming down in bounds...

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Devils Advocate - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 07:44 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Not a cornerback in the NFL could've done anything about the OBJ touchdown. Phillips showed me last few weeks that he a guy to look forward to next year.

I agree. He had position but mis-timed the jump. And like you said, OBJ is a top receiver that makes ridiculous catches regularly.

I like Phillips. He has played well and hasn’t been intimidated.

Pratt is gonna be good too. It looks like Lawson is back to 100%.

I don’t think this team is as far away as it seems.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - jason - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 08:00 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I agree. He had position but mis-timed the jump. And like you said, OBJ is a top receiver that makes ridiculous catches regularly.

OBJ isn't even the top receiver on his own team, but yes; he has a reputation. Phillips is young, and hadn't played a lot. I think there's some potential there.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Nicomo Cosca - 12-29-2019

(12-29-2019, 07:44 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Not a cornerback in the NFL could've done anything about the OBJ touchdown. Phillips showed me last few weeks that he a guy to look forward to next year.

Umm...he literally didn’t even leave the ground to try and stop it...

(12-29-2019, 08:00 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I agree. He had position but mis-timed the jump. And like you said, OBJ is a top receiver that makes ridiculous catches regularly.

There was no jump.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - bengalfan74 - 12-29-2019

Pratt has shown improvement over last four or five games, no doubt. And Phillips has had some moments as well. I look forward to seeing them next season.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Rubekahn29 - 12-29-2019

That first TD was on William's. He should have been over the top, but continuously gets beat deep all. the. time. He got best twice deep. That second TD he mistimed/messed up the jump. He did more in that game than our other DBs did all season...combined.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 12-29-2019

Williams is utter trash as an NFL Safety. He's a step or two behind almost every play and takes the worst angles to "run into people" . . . it has to called that because he sure as hell isn't interested in tackling anybody.

(12-29-2019, 10:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: That first TD was on William's. He should have been over the top, but continuously gets beat deep all. the. time. He got best twice deep. That second TD he mistimed/messed up the jump. He did more in that game than our other DBs did all season...combined.

He. Did. Not. Jump.

It’s not a timing issue when you never leave the ground.

(12-29-2019, 10:47 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Williams is utter trash as an NFL Safety. He's a step or two behind almost every play and takes the worst angles to "run into people" . . . it has to called that because he sure as hell isn't interested in tackling anybody.

“Trash” is a bit extreme. He was pretty good last season. At least as far as producing some turnovers. This year not so much. Bates hasn’t looked any better though, so I’m wondering if it’s coaching and scheme, or they’re just both having bad years.

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - Rubekahn29 - 12-30-2019

(12-29-2019, 11:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He. Did. Not. Jump.

It’s not a timing issue when you never leave the ground.

Both feet off the ground = jump no matter how poor it was. Watch it again. 

RE: Can Germaine Pratt and Darius Phillips get some love? - jason - 12-30-2019

(12-30-2019, 12:11 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Both feet off the ground = jump no matter how poor it was. Watch it again. 

Damn... That lil fruit loop in white has some hops.