Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Auden Tate: Where to play him - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Auden Tate: Where to play him (/Thread-Auden-Tate-Where-to-play-him)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - SunsetBengal - 01-08-2020

(01-07-2020, 03:45 PM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  Agreed. With a big healthy dose of the slot... 

I agree.  The Bengals had another big receiver, who was really good at moving the sticks from the slot position.  I think his name what TJ Whosyourmama, or something close to that..   Ninja

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - JSR18 - 01-08-2020

(01-08-2020, 12:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree.  The Bengals had another big receiver, who was really good at moving the sticks from the slot position.  I think his name what TJ Whosyourmama, or something close to that..   Ninja

WhoDey2  Yep, I remember. This Tate's 3rd year. This the year everything should "come together" for him. We shall see... 

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - Whatever - 01-08-2020

I'm surprised that there's no Isaac Curtis or Chris Colinsworth comparisons. People in this thread have pretty much compared Tate to every other Bengals great at WR.

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - Nicomo Cosca - 01-08-2020

(01-08-2020, 10:54 AM)Whatever Wrote: I'm surprised that there's no Isaac Curtis or Chris Colinsworth comparisons. People in this thread have pretty much compared Tate to every other Bengals great at WR.

Personally I think he’s just a bigger version of Baby Hawk... Ninja

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - J24 - 01-13-2020

I like to see him replace Eifert; I know people don't want to here that but it's not a bad thing. I don't see him as a traditional WR but that doesn't mean the sky isn't the ceiling with him. I don't care how he is used just as we use him.

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - XenoMorph - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 05:13 PM)J24 Wrote: I like to see him replace Eifert; I know people don't want to here that but it's not a bad thing. I don't see him as a traditional WR but that doesn't mean the sky isn't the ceiling with him. I don't care how he is used just as we use him.

TE's occansionally have to block DE's....  If hes gonna play TE hes gotta put on some weight...  and hes already not that fast.

Why cant he just be a large WR?

(01-13-2020, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: TE's occansionally have to block DE's....  If hes gonna play TE hes gotta put on some weight...  and hes already not that fast.

Obviously you don't have to play him like a traditional TE. Play him like Eifert who is more of a flex TE/Big slot WR it's not that complicated.

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - Nicomo Cosca - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 06:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Obviously you don't have to play him like a traditional TE. Play him like Eifert who is more of a flex TE/Big slot WR it's not that complicated.

It’s not that good an idea either.

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - fredtoast - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 06:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Obviously you don't have to play him like a traditional TE. Play him like Eifert who is more of a flex TE/Big slot WR it's not that complicated.

I don't think you get it.

If you line Tate up like a WR then he is still a WR.  If you want to play Tate at TE then he is going to have to get a lot bigger to handle the blocking.  Eifert is 30 lbs heavier than Tate.

It is like saying we should play Erickson at TE, but just never line him up in a TE position.

(01-13-2020, 07:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s not that good an idea either.
So who does he play over at WR? 
(01-13-2020, 07:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think you get it.

If you line Tate up like a WR then he is still a WR.  If you want to play Tate at TE then he is going to have to get a lot bigger to handle the blocking.  Eifert is 30 lbs heavier than Tate.

It is like saying we should play Erickson at TE, but just never line him up in a TE position.

Not at all Erickson is 5-10 vs Tate who is 6-5. That is a very silly comparison. Anyways Eifert plays the majority of snaps at WR so it's not that much of a stretch.

RE: Auden Tate: Where to play him - SHRacerX - 01-14-2020

(01-13-2020, 05:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: TE's occansionally have to block DE's....  If hes gonna play TE hes gotta put on some weight...  and hes already not that fast.

He is actually already probably our best blocking WR.  And you are right about him not needing to put on weight.  He is just fine how he is...I was hoping for some more creative uses of him but this thread turned in to the usual insult fest.