Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' (/Thread-Billy-B-has-tremendous-respect-for-the-way-Mike-runs-his-organization)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Bengalholic - 01-10-2020

Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr

Tweeted yesterday about the relatively frequent Bengals and Patriots trading relationship over the years. Here was Bill Belichick on that trend during a December conference call:

[Image: UY0EhPp.jpg?1]

Maybe he's angling for a job when his Patriot days are over. LOL

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Mike M (the other one) - 01-10-2020

Nah,
Brady may be done in NE, so he's buttering up Mike to make a trade for AD.

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - rfaulk34 - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Paul Dehner Jr.
@pauldehnerjr

Tweeted yesterday about the relatively frequent Bengals and Patriots trading relationship over the years. Here was Bill Belichick on that trend during a December conference call:

[Image: UY0EhPp.jpg?1]

Maybe he's angling for a job when his Patriot days are over. LOL

I'd say it's a definite case of senility setting in. 

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - psychdoctor - 01-10-2020

When I read this it sounds like B has respect that Mike et al gives clear answers and bottom lines. I could see that. I can also understand Mike putting football first even though to many fans, he ostensibly puts money first.

I do not understand how B likes how Mike runs the organization in terms of failing for nearly 30 years and not hiring a true GM or expanding the draft war room.

If B were coaching here he would freak with the lame drafting room scouts...

But overall, B would be infuriated if he had this Boob GM want-a-be and nearly 30 years of not winning a playoff game. In Fact, B would be insane like many fans appear to be heading these days.

May Burrow save the city of Cincinnati from insanity.

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - XenoMorph - 01-10-2020

well might see dalton get a ring. if that happens

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Shake n Blake - 01-10-2020

Bill always speaks highly of teams/players. Idk, Bill does have a fondness for former Bengals over the years. Including Dillon, Chad, Burkhead, Kelly Washington, etc. I wouldn't doubt if he has his eye on AJ Green or maybe Dalton. Peter King seems to think Bill may be interested in Dalton. So maybe Mike M is right about Bill buttering our FO up.

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Big Boss - 01-10-2020

Respect's all well and good, but would Belichick accept a job here? I doubt it.

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - XenoMorph - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bill always speaks highly of teams/players. Idk, Bill does have a fondness for former Bengals over the years. Including Dillon, Chad, Burkhead, Kelly Washington, etc. I wouldn't doubt if he has his eye on AJ Green or maybe Dalton. Peter King seems to think Bill may be interested in Dalton. So maybe Mike M is right about Bill buttering our FO up.

well we have been trade partners recently...

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Synric - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 02:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bill always speaks highly of teams/players. Idk, Bill does have a fondness for former Bengals over the years. Including Dillon, Chad, Burkhead, Kelly Washington, etc. I wouldn't doubt if he has his eye on AJ Green or maybe Dalton. Peter King seems to think Bill may be interested in Dalton. So maybe Mike M is right about Bill buttering our FO up.

Marvin and Bill spent alot of time on the Pro-Day circuit together. 

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Bengalholic - 01-10-2020

I wouldn't be shocked to see both Andy and AJ end up with the Patriots this year. 

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Shake n Blake - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well we have been trade partners recently...

Maybe we can get a pick after all. I doubt we'd get much with Dalton's last year being $17 million.

(01-10-2020, 02:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked to see both Andy and AJ end up with the Patriots this year. 

Wouldn't that be something? Ugh.

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - psychdoctor - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 02:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I wouldn't be shocked to see both Andy and AJ end up with the Patriots this year. 

Bengals would have to sign Green to a 3 year deal.  If that happens and both are traded, Patriots would have to give up a lot in the draft like:
1st, 3rd, 5th 2020
2nd 2021.  

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Synric - 01-10-2020

After Josh McDaniels leaves they can bring in Jay Gruden and make it a reunion...Mo Sanu is already there.

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - coachmcneil71 - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 02:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nah,
Brady may be done in NE, so he's buttering up Mike to make a trade for AD.

My sentiments as well.

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - Joelist - 01-10-2020

(01-10-2020, 02:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe we can get a pick after all. I doubt we'd get much with Dalton's last year being $17 million.

Remember a player can renegotiate their contract as part of a trade. So Andy can be dealt then sign a new deal that tears up the current one and does cap friendly things. 

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - KillerGoose - 01-10-2020

Bill always pays players and coaches tons of respect. I wouldn't read into this too much.

(01-10-2020, 03:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember a player can renegotiate their contract as part of a trade. So Andy can be dealt then sign a new deal that tears up the current one and does cap friendly things. 

...and to play with the Patriots, I doubt he'd mind restructuring.

Bills fans would go from love to hate really fast though. LOL

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - coachmcneil71 - 01-10-2020

If I have to guess, I would say that he interested in more than Dalton. An All Pro WR that has missed time due to injury would be my guess.

RE: Billy B has 'tremendous respect for the way Mike runs his organization' - bengalfan74 - 01-10-2020

It wouldn't surprise me much. Especially AJ with how short the Patriots are on WRers. I'd say a lot depends on what Brady does. It's been hinted at several times over last few years that the hoodie and Brady don't have a very good relationship.

(01-10-2020, 02:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wouldn't that be something? Ugh.

Yes it would, win a playoff game. As much as I dislike the Patriots I'd still like to see them win something.