Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
New Linebackers Coach - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: New Linebackers Coach (/Thread-New-Linebackers-Coach)

Pages: 1 2

New Linebackers Coach - uticabengalfan - 01-13-2020

Whos it going to be and wonder if we’ll know before the senior bowl. Be nice to know if we even spoke to Wade Phillips or even Bill Callahan

RE: New Linebackers Coach - bfine32 - 01-13-2020

In house- Mark Duffner

Outside- Chris Shula

RE: New Linebackers Coach - pally - 01-13-2020

Wade Phillips isn't going to take a demotion to a position coach job. He'll be a DC or assitant head coach somewhere or he will take the year off. And Callahan is not a defensive coach. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot by making him a defensive position coach Why in the world would or should either be interviewed for an LB coach position?

RE: New Linebackers Coach - uticabengalfan - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 02:43 PM)pally Wrote: Wade Phillips isn't going to take a demotion to a position coach job. He'll be a DC or assitant head coach somewhere or he will take the year off. And Callahan is not a defensive coach. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot by making him a defensive position coach Why in the world would or should either be interviewed for an LB coach position?

I didnt mean Callahan interview for the linebacker coach job i just meant in general since hes not going back to Washington. Much rather have him as our o line coach than Turner

RE: New Linebackers Coach - XenoMorph - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 02:47 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: I didnt mean Callahan interview for the linebacker coach job i just meant in general since hes not going back to Washington. Much rather have him as our o line coach than Turner

how was washingtons OL last year?

RE: New Linebackers Coach - ochocincos - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 02:47 PM)uticabengalfan Wrote: I didnt mean Callahan interview for the linebacker coach job i just meant in general since hes not going back to Washington. Much rather have him as our o line coach than Turner

You know Mike Brown and Zac Taylor are gonna for sure keep Turner because of the turnaround the OL made in the running game, right? 

RE: New Linebackers Coach - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 03:39 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know Mike Brown and Zac Taylor are gonna for sure keep Turner because of the turnaround the OL made in the running game, right? 

And in that defense, it wasn't for 2 or 3 games; it was half a season-worth.

RE: New Linebackers Coach - XenoMorph - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 05:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: And in that defense, it wasn't for 2 or 3 games; it was half a season-worth.

considering WHO JT was working with...  Id give him another year lol

Andre Smith
John Jerry

for example both played LT for us lol

RE: New Linebackers Coach - jj22 - 01-13-2020

Id rather slide Duffner in as LB coach and bring Wade in as Defensive assistant.

Assistant HC is out off the question for both now that Simmons has the title.

Meaning not much is going to get Callahan or Phillips here anymore.

But Joe Brady is still a hope until otherwise announced he's returning!

RE: New Linebackers Coach - pally - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 06:04 PM)jj22 Wrote: Id rather slide Duffner in as LB coach and bring Wade in as Defensive assistant.

Assistant HC is out off the question for both now that Simmons has the title.

Meaning not much is going to get Callahan or Phillips here anymore.

But Joe Brady is still a hope until otherwise announced he's returning!

Joe Brady has agreed in principle to a 3 year $3 million extension with LSU.  Meaning he is still a free agent but will cost a whole lot of money to get him

RE: New Linebackers Coach - fredtoast - 01-13-2020

So who are the LB and CB coaches with Texas A&M and the Dolphins?

RE: New Linebackers Coach - SunsetBengal - 01-13-2020

(01-13-2020, 02:43 PM)pally Wrote: Wade Phillips isn't going to take a demotion to a position coach job. He'll be a DC or assitant head coach somewhere or he will take the year off.  And Callahan is not a defensive coach.  We would be shooting ourselves in the foot by making him a defensive position coach  Why in the world would or should either be interviewed for an LB coach position?

You really never know.  Mike Munchak went back to being an OL coach for several years, with the Steelers, after he got fired as HC of the Titans.  I guess it all depends upon what sort of offer the team is willing to make, and what sort of connection that Zac has with him.

RE: New Linebackers Coach - RASCAL - 01-13-2020

doesn't matter who is put here, there are no LBers worth coaching!!!

RE: New Linebackers Coach - jj22 - 01-13-2020

Keep an eye on Zimmers ex-DC with Dolphin ties in George Edwards who has spent the last 6 years with Zimmer and crossed paths with ZT and Lou in Miami.

A candidate for Cleveland DC spot, but could return to his role as LBC here if that falls through.

Also Kris Richard has yet to find a spot and will likely take DB coach position again since getting a DC position looks to be out.

RE: New Linebackers Coach - bonesaw - 01-14-2020

Joe Burrow

Edit: Sorry a little excited

RE: New Linebackers Coach - JSR18 - 01-14-2020

(01-13-2020, 07:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So who are the LB and CB coaches with Texas A&M and the Dolphins?

WhoDey2 No shit. My thoughts exactly... Help  

RE: New Linebackers Coach - grampahol - 01-14-2020

(01-13-2020, 06:09 PM)pally Wrote: Joe Brady has agreed in principle to a 3 year $3 million extension with LSU.  Meaning he is still a free agent but will cost a whole lot of money to get him

I wonder if I'm the only one who thought the name Joe Brady was an amalgamation of the the names Joe Burrow and Tom Brady like some mythical QB everyone wanted..  OK, so I really DON'T pay that much attention to college coaches.. SUE ME!   Smirk

RE: New Linebackers Coach - grampahol - 01-14-2020

(01-14-2020, 12:11 AM)bonesaw Wrote: Joe Burrow

Edit:  Sorry a little excited

I guess those Mike Brown therapy sessions your folks sent you to never really worked, huh?  Smirk  

RE: New Linebackers Coach - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 01-14-2020

(01-13-2020, 05:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: considering WHO JT was working with...  Id give him another year lol

Andre Smith
John Jerry

for example both played LT for us lol

How did Michael Jordan do this year?

RE: New Linebackers Coach - pally - 01-14-2020

Wade Phillips is apparently heading to Cleveland as their DC