Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Why not keep Andy as a backup? (/Thread-Why-not-keep-Andy-as-a-backup)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Why not keep Andy as a backup? - JSR18 - 04-26-2020

My other question would be: What exactly do you think Burrow doesn't have that Dalton could possibly help him with??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - bfine32 - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:30 PM)JSR18 Wrote: So you want to keep Dalton even if it means Mixon holds out? Severely hampering the running game.

...and you want to question my judgement?

Nope, I question you're judgement because you assert cutting Andy means Joe won't hold out. 

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - JSR18 - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, I question you're judgement because you assert cutting Andy means Joe won't hold out. 
I assert that because if they keep Dalton as a luxury there is no money to pay Mixon to keep him from holding out...

(04-26-2020, 10:31 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: bfine I respect your opinion. You're a knowledge poster a good contributor to the board. But I'll never understand you flipping the script on Dalton ? There's literally hundreds of posts by you flaming Dalton up one side and down the other !!

Now you wanna keep him as a teacher ? Just baffles me ?

I've never questioned Andy's professionalism, football smarts, and his ability to prepare for an opponent; I've simply questioned his play on the field. He's mediocre at best.

I want to do what is best to prepare Joe Burrow to lead this team for the next 10-15 years and I think Andy in his ear will do that more that holding on to Alex Eickson

(04-26-2020, 10:35 PM)JSR18 Wrote: I assert that because if they keep Dalton as a luxury there is no money to pay Mixon to keep him from holding out...

Wouldn't that be more of a reason for him not to hold out? "Joe we want to pay you, but we just can't afford it this year, let's see what you can do with Burrow at QB. I think you can increase your value"....

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've never questioned Andy's professionalism, football smarts, and his ability to prepare for an opponent; I've simply questioned his play on the field. He's mediocre at best.

I want to do what is best to prepare Joe Burrow to lead this team for the next 10-15 years and I think Andy in his ear will do that more that holding on to Alex Eickson

Now it’s Alex Erickson? Before you wanted to cut our starting RT and one of the captains of our defense...

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - bengalfan74 - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've never questioned Andy's professionalism, football smarts, and his ability to prepare for an opponent; I've simply questioned his play on the field. He's mediocre at best.

For sure  :andy:

I'm just not so sure Dalton has the ability to help Burrow that much ?

(04-26-2020, 10:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now it’s Alex Erickson? Before you wanted to cut our starting RT and one of the captains of our defense...

I've mentioned Erickson previously along with many other options to save cap. You're just kinda hung up on the one option method. There's numerous things we can do. 

(04-26-2020, 11:00 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: For sure  :andy:

I'm just not so sure Dalton has the ability to help Burrow that much ?

Probably can help him more than Finley. 

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-26-2020

You know what Bfine, you must be suffering from cabin fever trying to keep this stupid thread alive.

I settled it about 4 pages ago and it should be over, let it die and save your rep. Dead Horse Smack Lame

(04-26-2020, 11:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know what Bfine, you must be suffering from cabin fever trying to keep this stupid thread alive.

I settled it about 4 pages ago and it should be over, let it die and save your rep. Dead Horse  Smack  Lame

K

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Bengalstripes9 - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But if Dalton isn’t here Burrow will miss out on such leadership tutelage as this!

https://youtu.be/_358Pi3xWsQ

Okay, I was open to keeping Dalton before. Everyone watch this clip. We don't need him. 

Give Burrow the reps. Let him lead the team. Peyton Manning played through a terrible rookie season, he learned from it. It didn't hamper his development. The next year he killed it. Give Burrow the keys. 

Dalton's a great guy, but he isn't worth the money. Spend that money extending Mixon and AJ. Leave some space in case of injuries.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Nicomo Cosca - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've mentioned Erickson previously along with many other options to save cap. You're just kinda hung up on the one option method. There's numerous things we can do. 

None of them good.

(04-26-2020, 11:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: K

You just ignored it from what I saw so I won't bother again trying to help you out.

(04-26-2020, 11:27 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Okay, I was open to keeping Dalton before. Everyone watch this clip. We don't need him. 

Give Burrow the reps. Let him lead the team. Peyton Manning played through a terrible rookie season, he learned from it. It didn't hamper his development. The next year he killed it. Give Burrow the keys. 

Dalton's a great guy, but he isn't worth the money. Spend that money extending Mixon and AJ. Leave some space in case of injuries.

Saw this awhile back, less than inspiring that is for sure.

(04-26-2020, 11:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: None of them good.

:andy: Joe

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - McC - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 10:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wouldn't that be more of a reason for him not to hold out? "Joe we want to pay you, but we just can't afford it this year, let's see what you can do with Burrow at QB. I think you can increase your value"....

Yes, but then he's also a year older and RBs, as they say, age in dog years.  Joe, we want to pay you but now you're another year older.

(04-26-2020, 11:45 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, but then he's also a year older and RBs, as they say, age in dog years.  Joe, we want to pay you but now you're another year older.

It is pretty obvious we will pay Mixon like a top 10 back like he deserves.

We didn't think about a RB in the Draft. If we did I would think otherwise.

(04-26-2020, 11:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You just ignored it from what I saw so I won't bother again trying to help you out.

Yep, helpful was calling the thread stupid...so I'd appreciate you're refraining for "helping out" again. 

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - McC - 04-26-2020

(04-26-2020, 11:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is pretty obvious we will pay Mixon like a top 10 back like he deserves.

Right.  They want to do it this year, which is why Dalton's salary has to go.  And Mixon needs to do it this year.  But he also can't think of McCaffrey as a target number.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Bengalstripes9 - 04-27-2020

(04-26-2020, 11:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is pretty obvious we will pay Mixon like a top 10 back like he deserves.

My thoughts exactly. They want to re-sign Mixon—as they should.

Cut or trade Andy. Sign a vet backup. Get on with life. Surround Burrow with as much talent as we can.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-27-2020

(04-26-2020, 11:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yep, helpful was calling the thread stupid...so I'd appreciate you're refraining for "helping out" again. 

Okay, I will say it again for your sake cause I like you. Dalton costs 17 million this year if we keep him as a backup QB which 
is what he will be. We need to put him in the best situation while putting the team in the best situation. So, we either make a 
restructured contract for him like he is a backup QB (in which he will be) or we trade him or cut him.

You get that. Mellow