Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Why not keep Andy as a backup? (/Thread-Why-not-keep-Andy-as-a-backup)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 05:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: According to Cris Collinsworth who is as close to Brown as any former player.He desperately wants to win a championship before he passes on. Time for Mike to put up or shut up.

If Collinsworth is so close to Mikey why does he seem to diss the Bengals so much?

The main reason the Bengals have not won a Playoff game in so long IS MIKE BROWN.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Bengalfan4life27c - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 06:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Collinsworth is so close to Mikey why does he seem to diss the Bengals so much?

The main reason the Bengals have not won a Playoff game in so long IS MIKE BROWN.
Every NBC game we get we lose so their is that. that egg we laid against the Texans I believe Collinsworth had something to do with Zampeze being canned

(01-20-2020, 06:10 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Every NBC game we get we lose so their is that.

Collinsworth likes to pile it on us though more than others and a big reason we lose on every NBC game IS MIKE BROWN.

Mikey doesn't get us the players to get us over the top in FA = our biggest problem besides coaching that is.

Hope you are correct though and Mikey is desperate and actually shells out the dough for some O-lineman and Linebackers of note.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Bengalfan4life27c - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 06:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Collinsworth likes to pile it on us though more than others and a big reason we lose on every NBC game IS MIKE BROWN.

Mikey doesn't get us the players to get us over the top in FA = our biggest problem besides coaching that is.

Hope you are correct though and Mikey is desperate and actually shells out the dough for some O-lineman and Linebackers of note.

I'm not saying he will. but I believe Collinsworth is being sincere with his sentiment.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - coachmcneil71 - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 03:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Which NFL QB doesn't want to be a starter?

Agreed! I think Andy is a good cat. I also think he may find success in a different environment. Just feel that if we're going to begin a "new era" with a new QB, it's best to cut the previous ties. This eliminates any possibility of dessension WHEN the rookie struggles. 

Would rather that 18 million go towards a LB or OL. I wish Andy success wherever he ends up.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - TKUHL - 01-20-2020

(01-19-2020, 09:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Didn't the Giants last year? I will go out on a limb and say it benefited their future QB

Might not be fair to compare a SB winning QB with a legendary bloodline to keep on staff as a mentor. Compared to a guy who can’t even win a playoff game or even prime time games. I like Andy as a person but I just don’t see 18mil dollars worth of reasons to keep him as a backup/mentor.

(01-20-2020, 06:16 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I'm not saying he will. but I believe Collinsworth is being sincere with his sentiment.

Good, I like it. We did pretty well when we brought in Carson who was a first overall pick, hope we do the same or hopefully even
better to make Burrow comfortable. A good O-line and some weapons on the Offense and some good Linebackers that can move 
sideline to sideline on Defense. This would open up the Draft.

Need to let go of some salaries though in order to do that. Namely trade Andy and his 17 mil.

(01-20-2020, 06:23 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Agreed! I think Andy is a good cat. I also think he may find success in a different environment. Just feel that if we're going to begin a "new era" with a new QB, it's best to cut the previous ties. This eliminates any possibility of dessension WHEN the rookie struggles. 

Would rather that 18 million go towards a LB or OL. I wish Andy success wherever he ends up.

Agreed as well Coach.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Nately120 - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 03:25 PM)Aland Wrote: I’ll say this again

Dalton posses Zero qualities that a team would want reflected in a player like burrow.

The facts:

Dalton is a bad quarterback.
He is an awful, uninspiring leader
He wilts under pressure
He’s regressed
He locks into a single Pass catcher and forces the ball
He’s a terrible decision maker
He can’t extend plays
He panics and collapses under any minor pressure
He isn’t smart enough to improvise
And he’s a loser.

Average performers make better teachers and trainers than expert performers in football and other disciplines.  Your disdain for Dalton doesn't outdo decades of industrial and organizational research. 

Um not saying we should keep him but the fact that he isn't a HoF QB is what refutes your point. 

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - XenoMorph - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 06:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Collinsworth is so close to Mikey why does he seem to diss the Bengals so much?

just cause mike is the reason we havent won in peoples opinion doesnt mean he doesnt want to win...

We have had some pretty good squads a few years here and there and they failed to produce playoff wins but had the talent..  that is not on mike  (unless your then blaming mike for the players not executing and the coaches not putting out their best.)

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - BengalsRocker - 01-20-2020

I sure see the word "hope" being tossed around these boards.

I think you mean luck.

The only improvement this team will make is through the draft and luck is what needs to be involved.

It also cracks me up that we're using FA signings from almost a decade ago to prove that this Front Office tried.

Did they try with Glenn and Brown?  Yep.  Two outside trade/signings in the recent seasons.

The rest are BW Webb and Hart type signings.  Lazy and ill-advised.

You're probably right about rolling Dalton's salary back into Green or something.

Dalton as a backup is worth more than AJ taking cash for protecting his investment.  Sorry if that doesn't fit the Dalton is a loser narrative.

I "hope" they get something for Dalton.  I "hope" they don't give Green a bunch of money.  I "hope" they move forward and sign some legit players.  I "hope" they can have a successful draft.

Most of all I "hope" Mike Brown cares more about money and gives fans a reason to believe he does.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - bfine32 - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 06:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Average performers make better teachers and trainers than expert performers in football and other disciplines.  Your disdain for Dalton doesn't outdo decades of industrial and organizational research. 

Um not saying we should keep him but the fact that he isn't a HoF QB is what refutes your point. 

As they say:

Those that can, do.

Those that can't, teach. 

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - XenoMorph - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As they say:

Those that can, do.

Those that can't, teach. 

and those who cant teach... write the books

(01-20-2020, 05:54 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: According to Cris Collinsworth who is as close to Brown as any former player.He desperately wants to win a championship before he passes on. Time for Mike to put up or shut up.

Mike Brown desperately wants a championship like a guy who sits on his ass and eats ice cream all day and night desperately wants to be a ripped adonis.  

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - BengalsRocker - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 07:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown desperately wants a championship like a guy who sits on his ass and eats ice cream all day and night desperately wants to be a ripped adonis.  

Hey he might lose some of that almost Billion he's accrued net worth.

Got be tight with the jack or you'll lose it man.

He's gonna hail-mary from his death bed just to be safe.

(01-20-2020, 07:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As they say:

Those that can, do.

Those that can't, teach. 

The long version of it is that mid-tier performers adhere greatly to the rules of a job, the universal aspects, the training suggestions and other related templates.  Expert performers tend to find their own way to perform and often go about things in manner which are off the path, if not outright detrimental to new employees.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - ezekiel23 - 01-20-2020

No more Dalton,move on,we are entering a new chapter of Bengals football at this time.I know this past season was hard on the fans,but this may be the best thing that has happened to this team in a long long time.I see possible significant improvement in an O line consisting of Williams,Jordan,Hopkins,Miller,and the new addition from Pittsburgh,Johnson at RT.Go Bengals!

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Aland - 01-20-2020

Andy Dalton Playoff career vs Patrick Mahomes - 4 games each :

Andy:
1 TD  6 INT55% completion 57 Rating

Mahomes: 
11 TD  0 INT63% completion115 Rating

Andy, please go away forever.

(01-20-2020, 06:57 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: just cause mike is the reason we havent won in peoples opinion doesnt mean he doesnt want to win...

We have had some pretty good squads a few years here and there and they failed to produce playoff wins but had the talent..  that is not on mike  (unless your then blaming mike for the players not executing and the coaches not putting out their best.)

As I said, if he wanted to win so bad he would fork out the dough for some top tier FA's instead of signing mediocre players and 
relying on unproven Draft picks all the time. You get over the hump with proven FA's, not unproven Draft picks.

(01-20-2020, 07:01 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I sure see the word "hope" being tossed around these boards.

I think you mean luck.

The only improvement this team will make is through the draft and luck is what needs to be involved.

It also cracks me up that we're using FA signings from almost a decade ago to prove that this Front Office tried.

Did they try with Glenn and Brown?  Yep.  Two outside trade/signings in the recent seasons.

The rest are BW Webb and Hart type signings.  Lazy and ill-advised.

You're probably right about rolling Dalton's salary back into Green or something.

Dalton as a backup is worth more than AJ taking cash for protecting his investment.  Sorry if that doesn't fit the Dalton is a loser narrative.

I "hope" they get something for Dalton.  I "hope" they don't give Green a bunch of money.  I "hope" they move forward and sign some legit players.  I "hope" they can have a successful draft.

Most of all I "hope" Mike Brown cares more about money and gives fans a reason to believe he does.

I don't believe in luck honestly or coincidences.

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - Nicomo Cosca - 01-20-2020

(01-20-2020, 07:34 PM)Aland Wrote: Andy Dalton Playoff career vs Patrick Mahomes - 4 games each :

Andy:
1 TD  6 INT55% completion 57 Rating

Mahomes: 
11 TD  0 INT63% completion115 Rating

Andy, please go away forever.

[Image: jon-ryan-seahawks-punter-tied-with-andy-...831280.png]

RE: Why not keep Andy as a backup? - MEBengalsFan - 01-21-2020

I say keep Andy but not as the backup, make him the starter. He is in a contract year for another team, meaning he should play lights out. Meaning Bengals would get good Andy almost every week. If Andy gets hurt than Burrow can get some experience playing in placed of the injured Dalton.

This year FA should be used to help fill some of the void on the team. Next year used the money from AD to help build the team further for Burrow.

This way Dalton if he plays like an All-Pro he can land his last contract and maybe a good well to boot.

I think we owe it to Dalton to let him finish out his contract as a starter with the Bengals.