Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Coronavirus - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Coronavirus (/Thread-Coronavirus)

RE: Coronavirus - GMDino - 04-24-2020

(04-24-2020, 07:56 AM)6andcounting Wrote: A sham PPE mask company uses a random family photo in an add and claims the whole family is dead of COVID-19. They make up a story about how the contracted it going to church. They showed a video clip of the one boy in the family they claimed survived and had him recount his survival story. This person, of course, was just a random person. The company is promoting it's "best mask on the market" and flaunts it's FDA approval. The mask is not FDA approved. Alleged dead family sees this add on Facebook even after they reported it. Local news gets involved and contacts Facebook. Facebook removes all variations of the add and ultimately banned adds selling mask, hand sanitizer and COVID-19 tests.

https://knst.iheart.com/content/2020-04-20-mom-furious-after-seeing-family-photo-in-ad-saying-they-died-of-coronavirus/?Pname=local_social&Keyid=socialflow&Sc=editorial&fbclid=IwAR1W_2fXpAOhVtWfdHaStBzwxlA3yp7fuxaQXmBxUCkCEV4-1E8livkPVk0

As always, be careful and research before you buy.

"Ad uses actors, stock footage/photos" is a story?

Anyway didn't the admin have the liabilities for these lesser masks waived so they could get more mask out?  I don't know about this particular company but that was very early on (after the six weeks of denying it was a problem).

(04-23-2020, 10:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember him being slammed for his delayed response on travel bans.

He should be ashamed (although he's not) for his attempts to turn this into political points. I've never once said one side had the monopoly on that

Honest question: If Trump wasn't at the briefings do you think anyone would say he's hiding?

It's sorta like at the beginning of this: Trump wouldn't get tested and folks said he should even though he wasn't experiencing any symptoms. As soon as he was tested he took a test from someone that could use it. 

Believe it or not there are some with the damn if you do, damn if you don't mentality. And those folks give 2 shits about what's really going on. 

His "travel bans" allowed 40,000 people in and the "slamming" from professionals that I saw was that it was closing the barn door after the cows were out.

He has no shame.

You mean like the republicans asking where Biden is hiding? :)

No, because he would still be tweeting.  But Trump would never not be on camera telling everyone how well he is handling everything and how smart he is.

You're nitpicking.  He was around many people who tested positive because he held a rally/dinner at Mar a Lago and he's the POTUS so people wanted to know if he was going to sick and possibly die.  If anyone complained that he got the test and someone else didn't that's silly...except for the fact that people who WERE sick couldn't get tests because there were not "millions" of test and "everyone who wants a test" could not get one as Pence said.

We all care about what is really going on.  We just want to hear from people NOT making it about politics and arguing that he never said things he said sometimes just minutes before.  Trump denied knowing anything about his own rallies that he held when asked about them, claiming he hadn't left the WH in "months".

He lies.  And he denies.  And he's not helping at the briefings.

RE: Coronavirus - hollodero - 04-24-2020

(04-23-2020, 08:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is pretty much where I'm at. The WORLD is reacting to this thing on a daily basis but folks will slam POTUS because he hasn't had every right answer at every turn. 

The WORLD is also doing way better in their response. 
And the leaders of the WORLD don't do stuff like cheering on protesters, handing out self-medication tips, blaming the WHO, the media or the political opponent, they do not accuse them of downplaying the threat and then of hoax-like overstating it, they do not suggest corona is way less deadly as claimed and will go away in the heat anyway, they do not lie about the number of cases, they took care about having testing available and in the meantime did not lie about everyone getting a test that needs one, and also they do not change their stance on a daily basis, they do not contradict their own medical experts, they don't phantazise about vaccines being available any moment, they do not blame long gone administrations for their failings, they wouldn't falsely claim they invoked some emergency act and it's already in place, they wouldn't accuse regional leaders of having death panels and lotteries, and they SURE AS HELL didn't imply medical staff around the nation are stealing medical equipment.

Say it again, if my chancellor would have acted like Trump in these times, he'd face the end of his political career. I'm positive the same thing could be said about other western European countries. Including the British guy. And that has nothing to with not being right at every turn, but everything to do with lieing, bodging, deflecting blame, showing utter incompetence and carelessly talking out of one's behind.

And if you were at least half as strict towards Trump as you are towards liberal posters, you'd probably had some issues with these things as well.

RE: Coronavirus - michaelsean - 04-24-2020

(04-24-2020, 09:52 AM)hollodero Wrote: The WORLD is also doing way better in their response. 
And the leaders of the WORLD don't do stuff like cheering on protesters, handing out self-medication tips, blaming the WHO, the media or the political opponent, they do not accuse them of downplaying the threat and then of hoax-like overstating it, they do not suggest corona is way less deadly as claimed and will go away in the heat anyway, they do not lie about the number of cases, they took care about having testing available and in the meantime did not lie about everyone getting a test that needs one, and also they do not change their stance on a daily basis, they do not contradict their own medical experts, they don't phantazise about vaccines being available any moment, they do not blame long gone administrations for their failings, they wouldn't falsely claim they invoked some emergency act and it's already in place, they wouldn't accuse regional leaders of having death panels and lotteries, and they SURE AS HELL didn't imply medical staff around the nation are stealing medical equipment.

Say it again, if my chancellor would have acted like Trump in these times, he'd face the end of his political career. I'm positive the same thing could be said about other western European countries. Including the British guy. And that has nothing to with not being right at every turn, but everything to do with lieing, bodging, deflecting blame, showing utter incompetence and carelessly talking out of one's behind.

And if you were at least half as strict towards Trump as you are towards liberal posters, you'd probably had some issues with these things as well.

Are you sure the world is doing better?  It seems some countries are doing better, and some worse.  I don't think our death rate is anywhere near the bottom.  Or the top.  Whichever way you want to look at it.  Is the Conte guy getting heat?  They've got 1/6 the population of the US and half as many deaths. If you compare western Europe and Great Britain to the US how does it stack up in cases and deaths per million? Is the US way worse? It doesn’t mean you can’t still criticize Trump. Although it is odd that Cuomo gets so much praise after overseeing the Italy of the US.

RE: Coronavirus - Belsnickel - 04-24-2020

(04-23-2020, 08:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your correct. Or the $2.49 pint at Sav-a-lot. Something funny, I’m 52 and when I got sick about 6 weeks ago, I had a sincere craving for ice cream sandwiches after the fever broke. I used to love ice cream as a youngster. Then I started liking beer, and well, those two don’t mix except for root beer. I haven’t craved ice cream in 38yrs. I thought about buying some for work but I sit at a desk and very low on food discipline. 1-2 a day would turn into a box a day.

I just went ham on clearance Easter candy at the local Target. That's satisfying my sweet tooth for the time being.

(04-24-2020, 10:13 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Are you sure the world is doing better?  It seems some countries are doing better, and some worse.  I don't think our death rate is anywhere near the bottom.  Or the top.  Whichever way you want to look at it.  Is the Conte guy getting heat?  They've got 1/6 th epopulation of the US and half as many deaths.

"The world" is a hard term to use, and this is a weakness in my post for sure. Eg. I do not trust any data from China or other authoritarian countries. Also it is complicated to determine what "better" means and what plays into that. So this is something I shouldn't have implied. Point taken.
Most parts seem to do "better" though, especially those that are somewhat comparable to the US. Like mine. We weathered the first peak and new infections go down significantly; so we can seriously consider carefully opening the country up again soon. This also is the result of a swift, expertise-driven response with much testing and without false information, efforts to downplay, monkey wrenches and political bickering from the top.

As for the US, I don't see reason for any such optimism. Your infection curve is steeper and isn't as significantly flattening. On a more personal viewpoint, I'd guess the US would be off way worse if your governors hadn't taken matters in their own hands and applied sensible measures more or less on their own behalf. I'd wager that's what's somehow saving you from even more devastation.

Italy sure got overwhelmed. But this was very early on, and there was way less information around. Not that they handled it brilliantly, they sure did not and they deserve critizism. But there are some other important factors at play as well, eg. the overaged society, and the higher population density. Considering the second fact alone (Europe's density is 3.5 times higher than the US'), Europe as a a whole should be hit in a way more devastating manner.

But sure, Italy made mistakes, as did GB, no one is prone to that, including Trump. Mismanagement happened everywhere, so I wouldn't hang Trump for a hindsight mistake that was corrected. What Italy's leaders, as awful as they usually are, didn't do though was giving out a staccato of false or misleading information, or viewpoints and actions undermining health experts or regional leaders from unappreciated parties. No other democratic leader I know of acted as irresponsible as Trump. What this ultimately leads to remains to be seen.

PS As for Cuomo, what I thought he did very well was communicating why certain measures are in place and why they are sensible. That NY was hit that hard has much to do with it being a metropoly with much traffic and much human interaction from all kinds of folks. An epidemic usually hits cities way harder than less densely populated areas. That's just the nature of a contagious virus.

(04-24-2020, 10:13 AM)michaelsean Wrote: It doesn’t mean you can’t still criticize Trump.

That's nice. I know you didn't say otherwise. The person I answered to, however, states we all should feel ashamed for doing so.

RE: Coronavirus - BmorePat87 - 04-24-2020

Trump responded to his dumb ass remarks yesterday by claiming "I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,"

He was asking it directly to the health officials who were there with him, however, not reporters, as Bret Baier at Fox News noted immediately on air "It didn't seem like it was coming off as sarcastic when he was talking and turning to Dr. Birx on the side,"

Breitbart among others are defending Trump by saying he never suggested injecting disinfectant, he merely ASKED if we could...

Because a 73 year old man leading this nation not knowing if we can inject lysol into our bodies is ok...

RE: Coronavirus - Nately120 - 04-24-2020

(04-24-2020, 02:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump responded to his dumb ass remarks yesterday by claiming "I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,"

He was asking it directly to the health officials who were there with him, however, not reporters, as Bret Baier at Fox News noted immediately on air "It didn't seem like it was coming off as sarcastic when he was talking and turning to Dr. Birx on the side,"

Just like when you ask your gf to do something kinky and she reacts with disgust and you're all like....oh I was just totally joking.   Haha, right?

RE: Coronavirus - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-24-2020

(04-24-2020, 02:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Breitbart among others are defending Trump by saying he never suggested injecting disinfectant, he merely ASKED if we could...

Because a 73 year old man leading this nation not knowing if we can inject lysol into our bodies is ok...

As Trump says, “What do you have to lose?”

But, have we tried IV disinfectant, heat, and light to cure windmill cancer?

(04-24-2020, 02:21 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Trump responded to his dumb ass remarks yesterday by claiming "I was asking a question sarcastically to reporters like you just to see what would happen,"

There is no way a man with such low (to no) humor as Trump GETS sarcasm let alone can use it. Smirk

(04-24-2020, 02:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: As Trump says, “What do you have to lose?”

But, have we tried IV disinfectant, heat, and light to cure windmill cancer?

HOLD UP!

FAKE NEWS!

He merely said that OTHER PEOPLE SAY that windmills cause cancer...

"They say" not "I say".

Come on... TDS libs...

RE: Coronavirus - fredtoast - 04-24-2020

The problem is that Trump does not understand his own power.

He is so smart and so right all the time about everything that a lot of citizens automatically assume anything he says is a good idea.  

It is the curse of being a genius.

(04-24-2020, 03:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: HOLD UP!

FAKE NEWS!

"They say" not "I say".

Come on... TDS libs...

I was just trying to enjoy the draft.   Mellow

RE: Coronavirus - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 04-24-2020

(04-24-2020, 07:56 AM)6andcounting Wrote: A sham PPE mask company uses a random family photo in an add and claims the whole family is dead of COVID-19. They make up a story about how the contracted it going to church. They showed a video clip of the one boy in the family they claimed survived and had him recount his survival story. This person, of course, was just a random person. The company is promoting it's "best mask on the market" and flaunts it's FDA approval. The mask is not FDA approved. Alleged dead family sees this add on Facebook even after they reported it. Local news gets involved and contacts Facebook. Facebook removes all variations of the add and ultimately banned adds selling mask, hand sanitizer and COVID-19 tests.

https://knst.iheart.com/content/2020-04-20-mom-furious-after-seeing-family-photo-in-ad-saying-they-died-of-coronavirus/?Pname=local_social&Keyid=socialflow&Sc=editorial&fbclid=IwAR1W_2fXpAOhVtWfdHaStBzwxlA3yp7fuxaQXmBxUCkCEV4-1E8livkPVk0

As always, be careful and research before you buy.

I thought we were against censoring free speech on Facebook even if it was false?

As a Libertarian, won’t the free market sort itself out on its own?

[Image: Pics-Art-04-23-11-50-13.jpg]

All seriousness aside this is another example of why the "stable genius" need not be at the briefing or at least keep his mouth shut after his opening statements.  He is the epitome of the guy who tells you he's the smartest and spends every waking moment trying to prove it by talking too much and making himself look more and more foolish.

RE: Coronavirus - jason - 04-24-2020

(04-24-2020, 04:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: All seriousness aside this is another example of why the "stable genius" need not be at the briefing or at least keep his mouth shut after his opening statements.  He is the epitome of the guy who tells you he's the smartest and spends every waking moment trying to prove it by talking too much and making himself look more and more foolish.

Spoiler alert... Usually when the interior of your body is exposed to sunlight you're about to be as dead as that virus is.

For 3 years I've just quietly rolled my eyes about my dad and his whole Trump thing. He's now seeing what a dumbf**k fraud this clown is. I'm not sure what anyone else is still hanging on to.

RE: Coronavirus - Benton - 04-24-2020

(04-24-2020, 03:32 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: HOLD UP!

FAKE NEWS!

"They say" not "I say".

Come on... TDS libs...

I have friends on both sides.

When I opened my Facebook a few minutes ago, the first two posts summed up the difficult times the right are going through in making trump into a president. The first one was a post about how what he meant to say is 'you can use things to disinfect the blood, so we should find those.' the next post was 'trump was just being sarcastic.'