Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' (/Thread-Burrow-If-they-select-me-they-select-me)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Bengalholic - 02-17-2020

From interview today with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
(Video) https://www.star-telegram.com/latest-news/article240368516.html

“Look, this is a long process, right?” Burrow said. “They have their process that they have to go through, and so I am blessed to be in the position I’m in. If they select me, they select me, I’m going to do everything in my power to be the best football player I can be.”

“It’s a long process in the next couple of months,” Burrow said. “We have the combine. We have pro days. There is a long time until the draft. There is a lot of information in a lot of different places. A lot of people saying a lot of things. I’m just focused on training right now.”

RE: Burrow on Bengals: 'If they select me, they select me' - 3wt - 02-17-2020

(02-17-2020, 05:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From interview today with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“Look, this is a long process, right?” Burrow said. “They have their process that they have to go through, and so I am blessed to be in the position I’m in. If they select me, they select me, I’m going to do everything in my power to be the best football player I can be.”

“It’s a long process in the next couple of months,” Burrow said. “We have the combine. We have pro days. There is a long time until the draft. There is a lot of information in a lot of different places. A lot of people saying a lot of things. I’m just focused on training right now.”

Well said - and nothing more that needs to be said on the subject.

Won't stop the Dan Patricks and Mike Florios of the world.

RE: Burrow on being picked by the Bengals - jj22 - 02-17-2020

That won't help the narrative for those looking for an "I want to play for the Bengals".

Just adds to the there's still time to save me from the Bengals narrative.

Looks like that's the best we are going to get tho.

"if they select me, they select me". Not the most ringing endorsement I'm sure the critical ear will pick up on. Might as well ended it with "it's whatever".

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Bengalholic - 02-17-2020

(02-17-2020, 06:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: That won't help the narrative for those looking for an "I want to play for the Bengals".

Just adds to the there's still time to save me from the Bengals narrative.

Yeah, the talking heads will run with the fact that his response wasn't 'I'd love to play for the Bengals' and will continue to leave the door open for more speculation from the national media. Gonna be a long couple of months.

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - jj22 - 02-17-2020

And so it begins all over again....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/17/joe-burrow-on-bengals-if-they-select-me-they-select-me/

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - fredtoast - 02-17-2020

Bengalholi Wrote:Yeah, the talking heads will run with the fact that his response wasn't 'I'd love to play for the Bengals' and will continue to leave the door open for more speculation from the national media. Gonna be a long couple of months.

For the 100th time...….He can't say he is happy to be a Bengal until they select him.  How stupid would he sound if he went around saying how happy he was to be going to the Bengals and then end up with another team.

Burrow is saying EXACTLY THE SAME THING that ever potential #1 pick says at this time of year.

Everyone needs to just lighten up.

RE: Burrow on being picked by the Bengals - MEBengalsFan - 02-17-2020

(02-17-2020, 05:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From interview today with the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

“Look, this is a long process, right?” Burrow said. “They have their process that they have to go through, and so I am blessed to be in the position I’m in. If they select me, I’m going to do everything in my power to be the best football player I can be.”

He finally said the right thing. 

Prior to this, his statement of wanting to play for a winner a SB bound team showed me that he didn't want to be picked by the Bengals or another team that was picking at the top of the draft. I'm not stating that the Bengals can't be a winner but given their two seasons they definitely don't look like one. I'm not expecting the Bengals to be in the playoff in 2020. 2021, well hopefully they will make the playoffs, get their first playoff win in years, and maybe even make the AFC championship game. 

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Destro - 02-17-2020

He has his handlers that I probably telling him what he should and shouldn't say. Been talking about the same thing every day for months. Would be an instant fan of his his if he started trolling all the interviews.

"I think I'd love playing for the Bengals. They have a great point guard, their goalie is playing at an All Star level, plus I always wanted to live in Paris. All in all it should be a great fit. All hail the Great Spaghetti Monster."

Yeah, I'd order his jersey that night.

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - kdgjr - 02-17-2020

“We have no idea where that comes from,” Robin said, per star-telegram.com's Drew Davison. “It’s a story out there that someone has created that doesn’t have any substance - from our perspective at least.”

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2020/02/17/robin-burrow-shoots-down-report-joe-doesnt-want-bengals-draft-him/4788585002/

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Nately120 - 02-17-2020

His fatigued and non committal attitude will serve him well here.

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Pat5775 - 02-17-2020

(02-17-2020, 06:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For the 100th time...….He can't say he is happy to be a Bengal until they select him.  How stupid would he sound if he went around saying how happy he was to be going to the Bengals and then end up with another team.

Burrow is saying EXACTLY THE SAME THING that ever potential #1 pick says at this time of year.

Thank you

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Synric - 02-17-2020

(02-17-2020, 06:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For the 100th time...….He can't say he is happy to be a Bengal until they select him.  How stupid would he sound if he went around saying how happy he was to be going to the Bengals and then end up with another team.

Right. Burrow cannot say he wants to be a Bengal and the Bengals cannot say they are going to draft Joe Burrow.

The media needs to keep NFL interest up in the off season and headlines about the #1 Overall pick is one of the top topics.

I was agreeing with another post, talking about how it will be perceived by the people that don't want him in Cincinnati in the 1st place. Not that any of that matters, because they'll just make it up as they go anyway. 

RE: Burrow on possibly being a Bengal - BengalsFan1986 - 02-17-2020

(02-17-2020, 05:33 PM)3wt Wrote: Well said - and nothing more that needs to be said on the subject.

Won't stop the Dan Patricks and Mike Florios of the world.

I can see the headline already. “Burrow won’t commit to Bengals: If they select me, they select me.”

Article will be about how he still hasn’t come out and said that he literally cannot wait to play for the Cincinnati Bengals. Will then cherry pick quotes from the rehashed interviews from Super Bowl week, then say something about Carson Palmer, then mention something about where there’s smoke...

(02-17-2020, 07:05 PM)BengalsFan1986 Wrote: I can see the headline already. “Burrow won’t commit to Bengals: If they select me, they select me.”

Article will be about how he still hasn’t come out and said that he literally cannot wait to play for the Cincinnati Bengals. Will then cherry pick quotes from the rehashed interviews from Super Bowl week, then say something about Carson Palmer, then  mention something about where there’s smoke...

Yep, and it's not going to stop until his name is finally announced at the podium. 

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - Gdale_Bengal - 02-17-2020

He said absolutely nothing and people are going to take it negatively because that creates numbers for them.

(02-17-2020, 06:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Right. Burrow cannot say he wants to be a Bengal and the Bengals cannot say they are going to draft Joe Burrow.

The media needs to keep NFL interest up in the off season and headlines about the #1 Overall pick is one of the top topics.

When it comes to Burrow and the Bengals, I honestly think it's more than just keeping up interest and making headlines. I think there are a lot of talking heads that truly don't want to see Burrow in Cincinnati. It's not a 'sexy' situation that they want to have to talk about for the next few years. They want Burrow in Miami or Carolina with Brady. Basically, anywhere but Cincinnati. 

Thankfully, there's guys like Klatt, Gottlieb and others who think Joe should be a Bengal, and will do well in Cincinnati.

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - fredtoast - 02-17-2020

(02-17-2020, 07:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When it comes to Burrow and the Bengals, I honestly think it's more than just keeping up interest and making headlines. I think there are a lot of talking head that truly don't want to see Burrow in Cincinnati. It's not a 'sexy' situation that they want to have to talk about for the next few years. They want Burrow in Miami or Carolina with Brady. Basically, anywhere but Cincinnati. 

Thankfully, there's guys like Klatt, Gottlieb and others who think Joe should be a Bengal, and will do well in Cincinnati.

I don't think they really want him to go to another team.  I just see it as an easy storyline.  They have nothing else to talk about so they create drama where it does not exist.

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - SunsetBengal - 02-17-2020

"I'm just focused on training right now."

Sounds to me like he's at least trying to keep his head right where it should be, on getting ready to take his game to the professional level.

RE: Burrow: 'If they select me, they select me' - George Cantstandya - 02-17-2020

(02-17-2020, 07:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: When it comes to Burrow and the Bengals, I honestly think it's more than just keeping up interest and making headlines. I think there are a lot of talking head that truly don't want to see Burrow in Cincinnati. It's not a 'sexy' situation that they want to have to talk about for the next few years. They want Burrow in Miami or Carolina with Brady. Basically, anywhere but Cincinnati. 

That's why you have to respect guys like Klatt, Gottlieb and others who think Joe should be a Bengal, and will do well in Cincinnati.

Yeah I think it is kind of a bummer that the media keeps trying to talk Burrow out of being drafted by the Bengals.  I mean I can understand the media's dislike for Mike Brown and the way he runs the team.   I think most Bengals fans feel the same way about Mike.  But at the same time I think it is unfair to the actual Bengals fans to keep pushing that agenda.  As others mentioned though, NFL news is a bit slow right now so anyway to get clicks and views I suppose.