Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
2nd round pick #33 - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: 2nd round pick #33 (/Thread-2nd-round-pick-33)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

2nd round pick #33 - lone bengal - 02-19-2020

We’ve all beaten the dead horse with all the Burrow threads. For a team that builds through the draft and with all our needs I feel like pick 33 is just as important as the 1st pick ,we need to land a legit starter with that pick. We get a chance to reset our board and should have a talented group of players to choose from. Assuming the Bengals pick Burrow 1st what position would you target in round 2 and why. You can name a position or a player you think might be there at pick 33. I’m leaning towards the corner back position which is a premium position and a must have in this league. The more I look at the roster it’s a huge need with Dennard being a free agent , Jackson III in a contract year with his play regressing and with Kirkpatrick in his 30’s and on a bad contact. I think it’s less expensive to sign a free linebacker then a top free agent CB. Linebacker has been a huge need but I feel if we fix linebacker at pick 33 and have no corners next year it won’t matter.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - Nately120 - 02-19-2020

Chase Young at #1 and our QB at #33. Ninja

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - psychdoctor - 02-19-2020

I would want an OL, especially if the Bengals do not fix the OL but I believe the Bengals will go defense at #33.

My guess is McKinney (S), Delpit (S) or Gross-Matos (DE) or Brooks at backer.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - PhilHos - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 03:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Chase Young at #1 and our QB at #33. Ninja

How about neither and we sign Tom Brady to a 10 year $10 Billion contract?  Mellow

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - RunKijanaRun - 02-19-2020

I'd say it depends on how the board shakes out, but from what I saw last year from Zac & Co., I think they go into the draft with a static plan and only deviate when circumstances dictate.

I think they have to be going defense at #2. No idea whom this year's defensive equivalent of Drew Sample will be, but I fully expect that to be our selection at 33.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - Wes Mantooth - 02-19-2020

I'd honestly love to see that pick traded. It's a very interesting and coveted spot which could allow us to go a couple of different ways.

1.) If there is a player you absolutely love and have targeted, that may have fallen, trade up a few spots and snag them.

2.) Look for a team that covets Jordan Love or Jake Fromm and get a nice return on moving down a few spots.

Personally, I would lean heavily towards #2. My ideal scenario, although unlikely, would be...

-Trade AJ. Or, less ideal, let him walk.
-Use cap savings on stud OT or LB
-Trade down from 33 and charge an arm and a leg so someone can draft their QB there.
-Draft Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson or another WR from this deep class with 2nd

Result = Multiple extra picks from trade(s), cap savings from no AJ, and a WR corp of Boyd, Higgins/Jefferson, Tate, Ross...

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - CJD - 02-19-2020

Among players that I believe have a chance at being there at 33, this is my preferred list. Of course, these are all pending what we do in free agency. If we re-sign AJ Green, the WRs fall down the list, if we sign a free agent offensive linemen, they fall down the list etc.:

1. Josh Jones, OT, Houston
2. Kenneth Murray, OLB, Oklahoma
3. Patrick Queen, OLB, LSU
4. Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson
5. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
6. Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama
7. Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU
8. Laviska Shanault Jr., WR, Colorado
9. One of the First Round Talent CBs, whoever is left (Kristian Fulton, CJ Henderson, Jeff Gladney, Noah Igbinoghene, Trevon Diggs)
10. Ross Blacklock, DT, TCU
11. Yetur Gross-Matos, DE, Penn State

If all of those guys are gone at 33, I definitely try to trade down to a team that maybe wants their choice between the top RBs or maybe a left over QB like Eason or Love.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - Wes Mantooth - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 04:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: No idea whom this year's defensive equivalent of Drew Sample will be, but I fully expect that to be our selection at 33.

With 33rd pick, The Bengals select Terry Tickles, LB, Northern Iowa.

Tickles Tape

- 27 career tackles
- 1.5 career sacks
- 1 INT
- 4.74 40 time

Notes: Biggest feet in the draft...3rd in decline bench...cerebral with high motor... uncle played at Moeller HS.

Bengalsboard comments:

"I love the pick! Northern Iowa didn't ask Tickle's to make a lot of plays in that system."

"Tickled pink with the Tickles pick!"

"A+"

"A-"

"A"

"Big feet are important and overlooked. He can shuffle side to side and cover more ground due to gravitational pull and circumfrance of his huge feets"

"Love it! I had him in one of my 17 mocks!"

"I'm calling it now, 10-6 minimum!"

(02-19-2020, 03:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How about neither and we sign Tom Brady to a 10 year $10 Billion contract?  Mellow

Wouldn't that be a bit over the cap?

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - Hammerstripes - 02-19-2020

Every year there's a guy that everyone says "how in the world is he still on the board"

I think you take that guy, unless it's a QB or RB. If it's one of those you move out.

My best guess is that the BPA at 33 is going to be a WR. I don't think they should take one that high, but there will be a guy that slides out of the first round because teams are going to pass on WRs because they know they can get a legit starter in rounds 2-3.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - Synric - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 04:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Among players that I believe have a chance at being there at 33, this is my preferred list. Of course, these are all pending what we do in free agency. If we re-sign AJ Green, the WRs fall down the list, if we sign a free agent offensive linemen, they fall down the list etc.:

5. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
9.  One of the First Round Talent CBs, whoever is left (Kristian Fulton, CJ Henderson, Jeff Gladney, Noah Igbinoghene, Trevon Diggs)

If all of those guys are gone at 33, I definitely try to trade down to a team that maybe wants their choice between the top RBs or maybe a left over QB like Eason or Love.

Solid list. Would love to see Shenault or Yetur Gross-Motos in stripes.

I'd add Terrell Lewis, Cesar Ruiz, Lloyd Cushenberry, Brandon Aiyuk.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - PhilHos - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 04:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wouldn't that be a bit over the cap?

How would I know? Do I look like Katie Blackburn to you?!

HEY! My eyes are up HERE, buddy. :angry:

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - RunKijanaRun - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 04:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: With 33rd pick, The Bengals select Terry Tickles, LB, Northern Iowa.

Tickles Tape

- 27 career tackles
- 1.5 career sacks
- 1 INT
- 4.74 40 time

Notes: Biggest feet in the draft...3rd in decline bench...cerebral with high motor... uncle played at Moeller HS.

Bengalsboard comments:

"I love the pick! Northern Iowa didn't ask Tickle's to make a lot of plays in that system."

"A+"

"A-"

"A"

"Big feet are important and overlooked. He can shuffle side to side and cover more ground due to gravitational pull and circumfrance of his huge feets"

It's funny because it's true. 

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - grampahol - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 03:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How about neither and we sign Tom Brady to a 10 year $10 Billion contract?  Mellow

Can he kick? We need another George Blanda.. for 10 billion.. Mellow

(02-19-2020, 04:26 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: With 33rd pick, The Bengals select Terry Tickles, LB, Northern Iowa.

Tickles Tape

- 27 career tackles
- 1.5 career sacks
- 1 INT
- 4.74 40 time

Bengalsboard comments:

"A+"

"A-"

"A"

You forgot "Mike Brown is clearly letting ZT be the GM and it's working!"

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - lone bengal - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 04:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Among players that I believe have a chance at being there at 33, this is my preferred list. Of course, these are all pending what we do in free agency. If we re-sign AJ Green, the WRs fall down the list, if we sign a free agent offensive linemen, they fall down the list etc.:

5. Grant Delpit, S, LSU
9. One of the First Round Talent CBs, whoever is left (Kristian Fulton, CJ Henderson, Jeff Gladney, Noah Igbinoghene, Trevon Diggs)

Good list , I think there’s a chance Queen or Murray could fall to us depending how WR heavy Rd 1 is or if a QB like Love sneaks into the first round. I think we’re ok at safety for now with Bates and Williams so I’d probably pass on Delpit or McKinney. I’d be fine with a good OT just get the gist listening to guys like Hobson and Tobin that they think there ok there because they added Fred Johnson which I don’t agree with. I think they go CB, LB or DL. I wouldn’t trade too far down I’d rather grab my player and not chance losing him for later round picks.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 04:03 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd say it depends on how the board shakes out, but from what I saw last year from Zac & Co., I think they go into the draft with a static plan and only deviate when circumstances dictate.

I think they have to be going defense at #2. No idea whom this year's defensive equivalent of Drew Sample will be, but I fully expect that to be our selection at 33.

If they do what they did last year with Sample then they wouldn't be picking at #33 as they'd have traded down.

But the only reason they traded down was because they were earlier unable to make a deal to trade up when they wanted to take an O-lineman near the top of the 2nd. Well, this year they won't need to trade up near the top of the second as they have the 33 pick and the equivalent of Drew Sample will, to their delight, still be there at 65.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - bengals1969 - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 02:50 PM)lone bengal Wrote: We’ve all beaten the dead horse with all the Burrow threads. For a team that builds through the draft and with all our needs I feel like pick 33 is just as important as the 1st pick ,we need to land a legit starter with that pick. We get a chance to reset our board and should have a talented group of players to choose from.  Assuming the Bengals pick Burrow 1st what position would you target in round 2 and why. You can name a position or a player you think might be there at pick 33. I’m leaning towards the corner back position which is a premium position and a must have in this league. The more I look at the roster it’s a huge need with Dennard being a free agent , Jackson III in a contract year with his play regressing and with Kirkpatrick in his 30’s and on a bad contact. I think it’s less expensive to sign a free linebacker then a top free agent CB. Linebacker has been a huge need but I feel if we fix linebacker at pick 33 and have no corners next year it won’t matter.

At #33 the Bengals will have plenty of guys that fit a need and are near that pick slot by value.

Austin Jackson OT USC
CJ Henderson DB Florida
Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona
Natani Muti OG Fresno.
Kristian Fulton DB LSU

With the exception of Muti, 4 of those players are at the highly paid and highly valued positions in the NFL.  33 ought to be of that type.  Muti could be the guy based upon striking out in FA and a compelling need.

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - fortyyearfan - 02-19-2020

(02-19-2020, 05:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You forgot "Mike Brown is clearly letting ZT be the GM and it's working!"

Now here this,we are going DEFENSE WITH the 33th pick,BPA,WHICH could be an dominate edge-rusher which I like or a DEFENSIVE TACKLE,OR a much needed corner back or safety and with the third round we are going defense,believe this,I know this for a fact !!!!!! :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:

RE: 2nd round pick #33 - ezekiel23 - 02-19-2020

First off,they need to sign AJ Green.After that they need to take a WR with pick 33,even if even they do sign AJ.And if there was a really good prospect WR I really liked,I might even trade up into the first round to get him.After that,it’s all defense.And don’t worry,the Oline will be just fine.Jonah Williams,Michael Jordan,Hopkins,Miller,Fred Johnson.Think about it.I like the lineup.