Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
How long do you give Taylor? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: How long do you give Taylor? (/Thread-How-long-do-you-give-Taylor)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

How long do you give Taylor? - Brownshoe - 02-19-2020

As a fan, how long are you going to give Taylor to prove he can cut it as a HC? What will he have to do to prove himself to you too? I am going to let last year slide a little bit since he had to overcome some things, and he had 0 NFL experience being a play caller. For me, next year is huge for him. He needs to go at least 7-9. I don't expect him to go to the playoffs. I want to see the offensive playcalling get much better too. I felt like it was pretty horrible last year. My biggest concern is that he and Brown might kill Burrow.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - TheLeonardLeap - 02-19-2020

16 years without a playoff win is where I would draw the line.

Ninja

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 02-19-2020

I would say 2 more years, unless we finish dead last in the NFL again. Would like to see at least some improvement.

Also I'm rarely here, but I still feel like I've seen this topic a million times already.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - SunsetBengal - 02-19-2020

As a fan of the team, I really don't get much say in the matter. So, I guess I'll support him as long as the team does.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - Nicomo Cosca - 02-19-2020

Not going to put a finite amount of time on it, but he needs to show significant signs of improvement. Especially as a play caller. If it’s still as ugly even with Burrow he needs to go.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - Nately120 - 02-20-2020

If Burrow doesn't look great we are going to call for ZTs head and declare 2021 as Burrow's rookie year.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - BengalChris - 02-20-2020

(02-19-2020, 11:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: As a fan, how long are you going to give Taylor to prove he can cut it as a HC? What will he have to do to prove himself to you too? I am going to let last year slide a little bit since he had to overcome some things, and he had 0 NFL experience being a play caller. For me, next year is huge for him. He needs to go at least 7-9. I don't expect him to go to the playoffs. I want to see the offensive playcalling get much better too. I felt like it was pretty horrible last year. My biggest concern is that he and Brown might kill Burrow.

Frankly, I'd have fired him already. But since that didn't happen, he needs to show A LOT of improvement to be considered for a 3rd year.

Remember, each year of inept coaching is wasting away the talent on the roster. All those millions in player salaries just flushed down the toilet when the coach is an infant at the position. Yeah, Mike Brown still money thanks to the annual welfare check from the NFL, but fans tuned out early in the season.

So, I'd say he needs to show lots of improvements in all areas, including the draft, and he needs to beat the Steelers, Brown and Ravens at least once each and knock off a top tier team. This is our division and if the team isn't going to compete to win it, then changes need to be made.

Last seasons offensive spurts at the end of games against prevent defenses just told me that he doesn't know how to beat a defense straight up. That needs fixing.

No more hope and prayer draft picks like Sample. No more fixation with 11 personnel either. ********.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - Pat5775 - 02-20-2020

If they win less than 6 games next year, fire Zac and bring in Bienemy.

Should be a no-brainer

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - leonardfan40 - 02-20-2020

(02-19-2020, 11:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 16 years without a playoff win is where I would draw the line.

Ninja

16 years and out. Not a single game more, We have a standard to uphold!

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - WestCoastBengalsFan - 02-20-2020

(02-19-2020, 11:36 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: As a fan, how long are you going to give Taylor to prove he can cut it as a HC? What will he have to do to prove himself to you too? I am going to let last year slide a little bit since he had to overcome some things, and he had 0 NFL experience being a play caller. For me, next year is huge for him. He needs to go at least 7-9. I don't expect him to go to the playoffs. I want to see the offensive playcalling get much better too. I felt like it was pretty horrible last year. My biggest concern is that he and Brown might kill Burrow.

I'm giving him at least this year. Only way I would give up (or start highly doubting) on him before 2021 season would be if we only win 5-6 or less games this year. He was dealing with a ton of adversity/change in 2019. Now getting the best QB to come out since Luck and he better be able to pull together a solid 2020 season at least. My 2 cents.

Side note - with your 7-9 floor I think that's a bit high for a floor but to each their own.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - lone bengal - 02-20-2020

I'm also going to give Taylor a pass for year one but I'll be honest I wasn't impressed with his play calling. I think you had the right idea I wanna see marked improvement in year two with more creative play calling from a offensive minded coach. I think if they win at least 6 games Taylor is safe. I'd say I'd give Taylor 2 more years. Hopefully improvement in year 2 and a push for the playoffs in year 3. Taylor had a disaster at LT , Green out all year , Ross hurt , assembled his staff late and signed no impact free agents. The one thing I did like about this staff is they weren't scared to mix things up roster wise. They cut Preston Brown mid season because he didn't fit versus trying to force it , benched Price for Hopkins and benched Dalton because they knew he wasn't the future and wanted to see what they had in Finley.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - jason - 02-20-2020

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think he has it. Darrin Simmons would've finished the year as interim HC last year if it were up to me.

Fortunately for him, there's a lot of room for improvement when 2-14 is the mark to beat. Personally I wouldn't bring him back for year 3 if they aren't pushing .500 this coming season.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - SladeX - 02-20-2020

Preseason. I find his lack of faith disturbing.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - jason - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 12:46 AM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: I'm giving him at least this year. Only way I would give up (or start highly doubting) on him before 2021 season would be if we only win 5-6 or less games this year. He was dealing with a ton of adversity/change in 2019. Now getting the best QB to come out since Luck and he better be able to pull together a solid 2020 season at least. My 2 cents.

Side note - with your 7-9 floor I think that's a bit high for a floor but to each their own.

The 49ers went from having the second pick in the draft to the Super Bowl. 7-9 ain't a lot to ask.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - lone bengal - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 12:52 AM)jason Wrote: The 49ers went from having the second pick in the draft to the Super Bowl. 7-9 ain't a lot to ask.

I think 6-7 wins is realistic to ask for. The 49ers aren’t the best comparison they lost there QB for the season which was a big reason why they were so bad. Then in the offseason they signed Kwon Alexander as a free agent , signed Dee Ford and traded for Emanuel Sanders. Plus getting Bosa in the draft was huge. If the Bengals make B.W. Webb type moves in free agency there not going to the super bowl anytime soon.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - Bengalholic - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 12:52 AM)jason Wrote: The 49ers went from having the second pick in the draft to the Super Bowl. 7-9 ain't a lot to ask.

True, but it was also Shanahan's 3rd season. He was 10-22 in his first 2 years.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - Millhouse - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 01:32 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: True, but it was also Shanahan's 3rd season. He was 10-22 in his first 2 years.

To add to this they also have John Lynch as the GM in his 3rd year, who had a hand in the vast majority of their roster that went to the Super Bowl. 

Bengals are still same ole same ole in this department.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - Bengalfan4life27c - 02-20-2020

Leave it up to Burrow. we need to do everything we can to keep this man happy. This is a once in a lifetime prospect he deserves the Lebron treatment.

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - Pat5775 - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 12:50 AM)SladeX Wrote: Preseason. I find his lack of faith disturbing.

Huh? Is Taylor an atheist or something?

RE: How long do you give Taylor? - Nicomo Cosca - 02-20-2020

(02-20-2020, 12:33 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: If they win less than 6 games next year, fire Zac and bring in Bienemy.

Should be a no-brainer

If he’s even still available by then...