Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning (/Thread-My-91-year-old-dad-passed-away-this-morning)

Pages: 1 2

My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - grampahol - 03-11-2020

He had a peaceful end, got to hear from all his kids yesterday. He went to bed last night and died early this morning. He didn't want services, just cremation. My son is here so we'll build a urn for his ashes.. Born November 18, 1928 Died March 11, 2020. A very decent old man. He will be missed.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - George Cantstandya - 03-11-2020

Sorry to hear that. I wish you and your family comfort during this difficult time.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - sandwedge - 03-11-2020

Sorry to hear that.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - fredtoast - 03-11-2020

Sorry for your loss.

My dad was also born in 1928. He died when he was 87. It is amazing to think what they saw in their lives. In 1928 people were celebrating the first airplane flight across the Atlantic Ocean. By the time he was my age a dozen men had walked on the moon.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - bengalfan74 - 03-11-2020

Sorry for your loss may he rest in peace.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - jfkbengals - 03-11-2020

Sorry to hear that, my friend.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - SunsetBengal - 03-11-2020

Sorry for your loss, Grampahol. Sounds like he had a long and fulfilling life.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-11-2020

Sorry to hear this Gramps, wish you and your family the best in this rough time man.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - grampahol - 03-12-2020

Thanks folks. I was the only one in the family to ever have fist fights with the old man when I was still a snot nosed kid. We grew much closer over time, but he still believed he could kick my ass at 91.. LOL Now my son is here with me thinking the same thing.. (Actually he could kick my ass being 22 years younger and quite a bit stronger and stockier.)
I've always regretted fighting with my dad, but it did draw us much closer after we said our "I'm sorry's" He was always so forgiving. I guess I did learn a few things after all..

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - Tiger Teeth - 03-12-2020

Sorry to hear about your loss. Sad

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - Bengalsrob - 03-12-2020

Inevitable but no one is ever ready for things like this. Remember the good times and celebrate his life as best you can. So sorry for your loss.

My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - BenZoo2 - 03-12-2020

Sorry for your loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-17-2020

Sorry for your loss gramps....been a while since I've made my rounds here. Glad he got to enjoy family one last time, and went peacefully. Condolences to you and your family.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - Vas Deferens - 03-17-2020

very sorry for your loss gramps. hope you're able to share some good memories with your son building his urn. very special project you're taking on.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - reuben.ahmed - 03-17-2020

Sorry to hear it gramp! If he was anything like his son, he was a very funny and good man that cared.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - BengalHawk62 - 03-17-2020

So sorry to hear this. My condolences.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - masonbengals fan - 03-17-2020

Sorry for your loss.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - grampahol - 03-18-2020

Thanks folks. The thing I realized about my father was he was the most forgiving person I ever knew. I pulled a lot of crap as a kid, some of which he probably never should have forgiven me for, but he always did forgive me. I remember him telling me long ago when I did something really rotten and we'd been in a fist fight that above everything else I was his son and nothing I could ever do would ever change that fact. At the time it didn't mean nearly as much as it does now and now that my own son is doing or was doing some of the same kinds of crap I did I find myself in the same position. My son just got a 2nd DUI and has been drinking far too much. He's endangered not only others lives, but his own life. He's in the position of possibly losing everything he's ever worked for, his relationships with everyone and so on. Today I let him drink a 6 pack of beer at the house and he became a tad belligerent so tomorrow when he sobers up I'm informing him it's not going to be acceptable to drink in my home, period. I put my own family through too much with my drinking and I'll be damned if I let him destroy things the same way. It took me years to overcome my drinking problems, but I did it. He's going to have to do the same. I'll always forgive him, but I won't allow him to destroy his life on my time nor with my money. It's time for him to grow up like it or not. He'll be 40 in a few year. I don't want to bury my son or anyone else before I die from old age or any other reason. If that means cutting him lose to go live through it the hard way like I did then so be it. My father always forgave me, but he wouldn't permit me to drink in his home either. I let my son drink in the house today for the last time. It won't happen again. He just hasn't learned responsibility yet. It's beyond time he does.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - Bengalzona - 03-18-2020

(03-11-2020, 07:11 PM)grampahol Wrote: He had a peaceful end, got to hear from all his kids yesterday. He went to bed last night and died early this morning. He didn't want services, just cremation. My son is here so we'll build a urn for his ashes.. Born November 18, 1928 Died March 11, 2020. A very decent old man. He will be missed.

May his memory always be a blessing.

RE: My 91 year old dad passed away this morning - HarleyDog - 03-18-2020

Sorry for your loss gramps.