Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What Did Trump Say? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: What Did Trump Say? (/Thread-What-Did-Trump-Say)

Pages: 1 2

What Did Trump Say? - BFritz21 - 03-13-2020

I didn't watch, but Trump's address pushed the market up 9.5%, so what did he say that inspired people that things will rebound soon or that things aren't that bad?

RE: What Did Trump Say? - fredtoast - 03-13-2020

It wasn't anything he said. It was the Fed releasing $1.5 trillion dollars into the economy.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - Goalpost - 03-13-2020

U.S. is going to buy a bunch of oil. I think oil has gone from like 65 dollars a barrel to 35 dollars. Fill up the strategic reserve.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - GMDino - 03-13-2020

He said none of this is his fault and he hasn't been tested or quarantined himself because he doesn't know the guy he took the picture with.  Mellow

Jebus I wish I was making all that up.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - BFritz21 - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It wasn't anything he said.  It was the Fed releasing $1.5 trillion dollars into the economy.

Typical.  

Trump had nothing to do with it?

Yet, if this south had gone south, you'd be the first to blame him.

He also waived all interest on student loans for the time being.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - SunsetBengal - 03-13-2020

(03-13-2020, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It wasn't anything he said.  It was the Fed releasing $1.5 trillion dollars into the economy.

Well, the Fed has been propping up the banks for quite some time, so I don't think that is it.  Something about his words must have restored some confidence in some people, in order to inspire a change in sentiments.  Ninja

RE: What Did Trump Say? - CJD - 03-13-2020

Wasn't it the fact that he finally declared a national emergency?

RE: What Did Trump Say? - NATI BENGALS - 03-14-2020

When did he talk? Dow futures was up over 1000 points early this morning.

Some shitty leader going out and accepting no responsibility and then blaming others probably didn’t do the market any favors. Not sure when he declared his national emergency. But I think it was after the markets closed. And I’m sure that was intentional.

I think today was a good ole pump and dump.

They have had the days listed of the worst days in market history because we just had one the other day. The worst one back in 1987 interestingly had another but not quite as bad 7 days later. But it was still on of the biggest percentage drops in history. So... Idk. I suck at the stock market but I don’t think the bottom has been hit.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - hollodero - 03-14-2020

Stock market's up: That's Teump, it's because of Trump, it's only Trump, he deserves all the credit, why won't people give him unlimited credit, Trumptrumptrump!

Stock market's down: This has nothing to do with Trump, why would anybody blame Trump, it's the Dems' fault, it's the media's fault, it's the world's fault, Trumptrumptrump!

RE: What Did Trump Say? - Belsnickel - 03-14-2020

(03-14-2020, 03:13 AM)hollodero Wrote: Stock market's up: That's Teump, it's because of Trump, it's only Trump, he deserves all the credit, why won't people give him unlimited credit, Trumptrumptrump!

Stock market's down: This has nothing to do with Trump, why would anybody blame Trump, it's the Dems' fault, it's the media's fault, it's the world's fault, Trumptrumptrump!

Partisans do the same thing on both sides. Welcome to US politics. Though I will say that the cult-like behaviors of Trump supporters, and to a lesser extent Bernie supporters, is a little more concerning that past election cycles.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - jason - 03-14-2020

(03-13-2020, 07:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Typical.  

Well... He blamed some guy named Tony.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - jason - 03-14-2020

(03-13-2020, 08:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, the Fed has been propping up the banks for quite some time, so I don't think that is it.  Something about his words must have restored some confidence in some people, in order to inspire a change in sentiments.  Ninja

He does have the best words.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - Dill - 03-14-2020

(03-13-2020, 07:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: He said none of this is his fault and he hasn't been tested or quarantined himself because he doesn't know the guy he took the picture with.  Mellow

Jebus I wish I was making all that up.

Sure the MAINSTREAM MEDIA showed him saying that to make him look bad.

Haven't seen that on Fox.  

(03-14-2020, 07:19 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Partisans do the same thing on both sides. Welcome to US politics. Though I will say that the cult-like behaviors of Trump supporters, and to a lesser extent Bernie supporters, is a little more concerning that past election cycles.

It should be A LOT more concerning to everyone.

You are talking about tens of millions of voters impervious to the fact check.

(03-13-2020, 07:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Typical.  

It has "gone south" already.

Trump's many misstatements and incompetent handling of the pandemic deserve blame,
but he and his followers disconnect him from all responsibility.

That's what's "typical".

RE: What Did Trump Say? - michaelsean - 03-16-2020

But he might have said they were going to release $1.5 trillion into the market.  Wink

RE: What Did Trump Say? - BmorePat87 - 03-16-2020

(03-16-2020, 09:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But he might have said they were going to release $1.5 trillion into the market.  Wink

Not his decision. He also spoke well after they announced it

RE: What Did Trump Say? - fredtoast - 03-16-2020

Monday March 16.

What the hell did Trump say last night?

RE: What Did Trump Say? - michaelsean - 03-16-2020

(03-16-2020, 11:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not his decision. He also spoke well after they announced it

I even put a winking dude there.

RE: What Did Trump Say? - BmorePat87 - 03-16-2020

(03-16-2020, 01:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I even put a winking dude there.

My bad. I was on my phone and didn't see it