Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 09-10-2017

(09-10-2017, 11:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: I missed one of those....listened to some on the radio. He had a bad day...to say the least. The whole damn offense looked shitty to me.

Yes..yes it did. Going to need to switch to hard liquor for the rest of this season. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-10-2017

(09-10-2017, 11:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yes..yes it did. Going to need to switch to hard liquor for the rest of this season. 

Got a bottle of Blanton's this weekend....to savor.  I may as well get on the hunt for another....lol.  

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - CJD - 09-11-2017

We all knew this would happen though.

Bad Andy was a relic of the past because, from 2013 to 2015, the Bengals actually seemed to give a shit about protecting Andy.

Now that he's back to running for his life, Bad Andy has re-emerged.

You can't have turnstiles at LT, RT, RG and C and expect to have a good QB performance.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Lawless_1 - 09-11-2017

(09-10-2017, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns came within 3 points of beating the Steelers.  I find it hard to believe Kiser in his first ever NFL game is man enough to overcome pressure and "super fast release vet Dalton" melts down.  Hell, a veteran defense against a virgin rookie QB could get 5 sacks in its sleep...or something.

We had Eifert, AJ, and Mixon to baffle and dazzle the lousy Ravens and welp, we got a big 0 points.  0 points at home in today's NFL where playing defense is a 15+ yard penalty.  It boggles the mind.

Difference is that Pittsburgh got pressure on less snaps. Dalton was pressured every snap whereas the Browns were really only pressured on blitzes. Our line can't block a 3 man rush.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-11-2017

Yes Dalton was under pressure frequently 3 of the 5 sacks he held the ball too long. I'm one of the stronger Dalton supporters on here. He was atrocious Sanchezian. If i'm grading the offense on a 0 to 10 scale Gio 7 Hill 4 Mixon 3 Line 5 Green 6 Eifert 1 Lafell/core 2. Dalton 0!

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Spider - 09-11-2017

Andy was bad today without a doubt...But we have all seen what he is capable of when hes comfortable.. Sure he stares down his primary receiver on routes.. Sure he gets happy feet when when his pocket collapses.. And sure he misses an open receiver (usually when pressured) and throws the ball away or takes a sack..
But the guy aint the worst..
Zero protection, For a pocket passer who relies on timing routes (which he is above average at) does him and the offense in..
Its Marv and companies fault going back two if not three drafts and drafting quality offensive linemen when available..
Instead they take short Corners and speedy receivers..
I dunno.. today is painful.. Gonna be a long year

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 01:17 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Yes Dalton was under pressure frequently 3 of the 5 sacks he held the ball too long. I'm one of the stronger Dalton supporters on here. He was atrocious Sanchezian. If i'm grading the offense on a 0 to 10 scale Gio 7 Hill 4 Mixon 3 Line 5 Green 6 Eifert 1 Lafell/core 2. Dalton 0!

I'd give Dalton a zero too....but the line a 5?  GTFOH....LOL.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - RoyleRedlegs - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 01:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'd give Dalton a zero too....but the line a 5?  GTFOH....LOL.

Yeah that's a negative on a 5 there lol

(09-11-2017, 01:48 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah that's a negative on a 5 there lol

No shit!

(09-11-2017, 01:51 AM)Wyche Wrote: No shit!

I mean, you could maybe individually give Boling a 5. 
I'd go a 6 personally. 

Fisher gets a 7 or 8 from me. 
One bad rep that could have been a sack dropped him. Other wise he was quite good with 4 pancakes. 

(09-11-2017, 01:53 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I mean, you could maybe individually give Boling a 5. 
I'd go a 6 personally. 

Fisher gets a 7 or 8 from me. 
One bad rep that could have been a sack dropped him. Other wise he was quite good with 4 pancakes. 

I can go with that....like I said earlier....I listened to a lot of the first half.  Half of the 1st qtr and all of the second.  From what I saw....Ogbuehi was worse than I thought...Bodine was dookie...and Johnson was not much better.  I didn't get a good look at Hopkins.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 01:48 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah that's a negative on a 5 there lol

I blame coaching and scheme for Obueji's poor play why did he not get any help on what is clearly a top 10 maybe top 5 pass rusher in Terrell Suggs. At least half of Dalton's throws he had enough time to throw, they were bad not terrible. they were worse in the opener against Jets last year we won that game.

(09-11-2017, 01:57 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I blame coaching and scheme for Obueji's poor play why did he not get any help on what is clearly a top 10 maybe top 5 pass rusher in Terrell Suggs. At least half of Dalton's throws he had enough time to throw, they were bad not terrible. they were worse in the opener against Jets last year we won that game.

Suggs *was* a top 5 or 10 pass rusher. He's 35 now....and just a solid player.....unless he's going against 70....but agree with your point on piss poor coaching.

(09-11-2017, 01:57 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I blame coaching and scheme for Obueji's poor play why did he not get any help on what is clearly a top 10 maybe top 5 pass rusher in Terrell Suggs. At least half of Dalton's throws he had enough time to throw, they were bad not terrible. they were worse in the opener against Jets last year we won that game.

Yeah sorry no. 
Scheme? You're in the NFL. You have to be able to block against good players one on one. Suggs is solid but he shouldn't require consistent double teams like that. You are greatly overrating Suggs to excuse poor play. Ogbuehi has never had good feet or hands. That's not a scheme issue. That's bad drafting. 

The OL play was bad. Very bad. LT, C and RG were glaring holes all day and were the root cause of at least 2 of the turn overs. 
It wasn't really worse vs the Jets though. The only difference was the end results of the pass play. That day Dalton still hit his guys. Today, he didn't. 

(09-11-2017, 01:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: I can go with that....like I said earlier....I listened to a lot of the first half.  Half of the 1st qtr and all of the second.  From what I saw....Ogbuehi was worse than I thought...Bodine was dookie...and Johnson was not much better.  I didn't get a good look at Hopkins.

These are the called holds on Fisher. Both legit finishes. Refs are out of their damn minds. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Circleville Guy - 09-11-2017

I'm guessing that there are probably 20 quarterbacks in the NFL right now that are better than AD on a consistent basis. I don't think any of those 20 are on the team. He obviously played one of his worst games ever, there are HOF quarterbacks that have had these kind of games too. What percentage of games has AD looked this bad? He's a mediocre guy who needs a decent line to be successful. The ownership refused to pay proven talent to give Andy that protection. Andy has led the team to the playoffs several times and deserves a 4 game window before fans should call for his head. 1 horrible game doesn't justify change. He's more constantly good at his job than Marvin is for sure, not that that says too much.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Joelist - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 02:01 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Yeah sorry no. 
Scheme? You're in the NFL. You have to be able to block against good players one on one. Suggs is solid but he shouldn't require consistent double teams like that. You are greatly overrating Suggs to excuse poor play. Ogbuehi has never had good feet or hands. That's not a scheme issue. That's bad drafting. 

The OL play was bad. Very bad. LT, C and RG were glaring holes all day and were the root cause of at least 2 of the turn overs. 
It wasn't really worse vs the Jets though. The only difference was the end results of the pass play. That day Dalton still hit his guys. Today, he didn't. 

Agreed. Og, Bodine and Johnson got beat like rented mules all day. Yes Andy had a bad day but there was no pocket and the scheme also was laughable. This whole trying to scapegoat one player for a team meltdown gets tiring. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Stonyhands - 09-11-2017

Some of you guys are absolutely ridiculous. You all need to go and find a new hobby besides making excuses for Dalton. His entire career here there's been excuses to why he's not winning big games or consistently.

Pressure didn't make him stare down his receivers and end up throwing interceptions. Guess what, it's the NFL and playing QB in the NFL means he's going to have to overcome a lot of the excuses you are giving to why he was so bad today.

He limits the offense in what they can do big time. He cannot read a defense. He's a one read go to a checkdown or a three step drop then throw. The Ravens have him all figured out. On the fourth down play when he threw it out the back of the end one that should have been all one needed to see to know Dalton doesn't have what it takes.

It's funny how people sit here and bash coaching yet these horrible coaches are the ones making the choice to play Andy. So which is it?

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - ah5 - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 02:05 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: These are the called holds on Fisher. Both legit finishes. Refs are out of their damn minds. 
You know who looked worse than the Bengals, the refs... Not really but they sucked too.  I think playing DB is a penalty if you are wearing stripes... Only thing that explains the wjax pi.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Socal Bengals fan - 09-11-2017

After watching Dak, Rodgers, Wilson n Stafford its obvious to me Dalton holds us back. He is shitty in the pocket n has poor accuracy. Our defense looks good n if we replace #70 we might a decent run with all the talent we gave.