Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 01:17 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Yes Dalton was under pressure frequently 3 of the 5 sacks he held the ball too long. I'm one of the stronger Dalton supporters on here. He was atrocious Sanchezian. If i'm grading the offense on a 0 to 10 scale Gio 7 Hill 4 Mixon 3 Line 5 Green 6 Eifert 1 Lafell/core 2. Dalton 0!

That's how many TDs he should have had. 

Prime Time Andy Dalton? - TKUHL - 09-11-2017

I'm not sure if this was just one of those bad games QB's have from time to time or Dalton just terrified by this line, he made horrible decisions. Between the pic in the back of the end zone for LaFell or the Throw away towards the end on 4th down not even giving your team a chance in the end zone, he was Horrible.

So... What do you do if the usual Prime time Andy vs Houston shows up. Which is very likely judging by his past with this team. Do you bench him at half if he's having another game like the opener? Or will Dalton be this years Nuge, where he stinks it up but Marvin refuses to pull him till the damage is done and our season is over before the bye week.

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - OrangeLacroix - 09-11-2017

He's a panicked, weak arm loser

Even if they win this week, and dalton has a perfect qb rating, he's proven to be a massive liability and a below avg NFL qb

He can't be counted on

He makes awful decisions

He is terrified and scared

Cannot react and create plays

He has a weak arm

He is mentally soft

Any pressure completely destroys a play

And he requires perfect execution to look competent

Andy Dalton is perfect for the bengals and Cincy pro sports fans. Our fans genuinely believe he's an elite, top 10 qb.

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - Housh - 09-11-2017

Andy just like any QB ever thrives with solid components around him so that's not really a flaw.

His downfall is that he's just not very good

Homie cannot deal with pressure. He's somehow a totally different QB than his rookie and sophomore year. It's like he hit a wall and never got better. If you blitz him and don't randomly leave the guy he's staring down open he panicks and throws it away.

Dalton is still the only QB who throws passes out of bounds and doesn't even give his guy a chance. AJ Green may miss out on the HOF because of playing with Andy Dalton

Andy Dalton QBR of 0.6 - Gamma Ray Tan - 09-11-2017

Worst QBR of any QB in 12 years.....Savage from Houston was 12x better and got benched at halftime....says a lot. Dalton needed to be benched on sheer principle. The O-line didn't help, but Dalton was a pile of turds yesterday.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-11-2017

Andy Dalton peaked in 2015. That year he was elite, no doubt.

What I saw yesterday want even close to NFL caliber play from Andy and it pains me to say it because I genuinely like the guy. I want him to be a winning quarterback on a winning team here in Cincinnati and for many years he was, but like the "dot com" industry, the Bengals' bubble burst.

Unlike Mike Brown, I'm a "get results now" kind of guy. He'll stick it out with Andy -- and Cedric Ogbuehi -- even if the Bengals go 0-16 which looks likely. Big moves get big results -- and at least big moves prove to the fan base you're trying. If I were owner or general manager -- if the Bengals had a general manager -- I would make some YUGE moves:

Sign Nick Mangold. He's old but he's an immediate upgrade over Russell Bodine and he has playoff experience too.

Bench Andy Dalton for a week to send him a message. Forrest Gregg did that to Ken Anderson in 1981 and Cincinnati went to the Super Bowl. AJ McCarron can't do any worse and he has national championship experience. Ever see AJ melt in prime time? Me either.

Fire Marvin Lewis. Good teams come out Week One with every firing on al cylinders. I love Marvin for his motivational abilities and father figure status but I want a coach who pisses sulfuric acid and poops napalm.

RE: Andy Dalton QBR of 0.6 - Nicomo Cosca - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 07:58 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Worst QBR of any QB in 12 years.....Savage from Houston was 12x better and got benched at halftime....says a lot. Dalton needed to be benched on sheer principle. The O-line didn't help, but Dalton was a pile of turds yesterday.

Yeah just heard that on Mike and Mike. Guess it really was worse than that Cleveland game a few years ago. Just an absolutely pathetic display from a guy who's supposed to be a franchise QB. He's not the only QB with a bad oline, there's no excuse for such a performance. 

RE: Andy Dalton QBR of 0.6 - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-11-2017

Baseball season is almost over and that Tim Tebow fella might be worth bringing in for a workout. You know he's in good condition from baseball, he really doesn't need a good offensive line, and unlike any quarterback in the Marvin Lewis era, he beat the Steelers in a playoff game.

I'm mostly joking.

RE: Andy Dalton QBR of 0.6 - Nicomo Cosca - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 08:11 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Baseball season is almost over and that Tim Tebow fella might be worth bringing in for a workout.  You know he's in good condition from baseball, he really doesn't need a good offensive line, and unlike any quarterback in the Marvin Lewis era, he beat the Steelers in a playoff game.

I'm mostly joking.

That would be the last straw for me. Can't stand Tebow.

Anyway, we have a QB on the roster that beat Pitt in a playoff game...

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Bengalboy - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 02:56 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: After watching Dak, Rodgers, Wilson n Stafford its obvious to me Dalton holds us back.  He is shitty in the pocket n has poor accuracy.   Our defense looks good n if we replace #70 we might a decent run with all the talent we gave.

What is it with people on this forum.

Dalton had a bad game ... Yes .... Was some of it his fault? yes ... overthrown pass to Core for what should have been a TD. Bonehead INT in the endzone ... but to say he is to blame more than the shitty play calling (coaches) and crap Oline you are off your rocker!

you mention 4QB's there. 

Wilson - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 29.8, 40.5, 51.3, 46.1, 42.5 )
Rodgers - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 78.7, 68.3, 55.8, 79.1, 79.1 )
Dak - Oline Grades From LT to RT  ( 77.1, 51.6, 54.0, 85.8, 68.1 ) 
Stafford - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 69.9, 39.5, 42.8, 72.4, 87.3 )

Dalton - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 36.8, 38.9, 42.7, 33.9, 49.9 )

Now Wilson's Line was the only one close to Dalton's and funnily enough the Seahawks and Wilson had a crap night also. And its not as if Greenbay's Defense is on Baltimore's level either. The Worst players on Rodgers and Dak's oline are like All-Pro's compared to ours! 

There was literally no part of the Oline for the Bengals that's played anything other than horrendous. And you wonder why Dalton is like a Deer in the headlights back there. Its been proven in the past, give him and above average Oline (doesn't have to be elite) and he can be a top 10 Passer (rated no.10 in 2015 PFF)

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Hoofhearted - 09-11-2017

He sucked, but please people don't be an asshole and throw trash on him. Be better than that.

RE: Andy Dalton QBR of 0.6 - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 08:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway, we have a QB on the roster that beat Pitt in a playoff game...

This is thought provoking. You're talking about Katherine Webb's husband of course. AJ McCarron did what Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton never could which is lead the Bengals to a playoff win -- against the Steelers no less. AJ won the game all right but if we're honest we know he didn't lose it: Four others did, namely Jeremy Hill, Adam Jones, Vontaze Burfict, and Marvin Lewis.

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - TheLeonardLeap - 09-11-2017

I need to point out that this is not a defense of Andy's play yesterday. He was absolutely horrible. The majority of the team and coaching was, too, but that doesn't stop the fact that Dalton was terrible yesterday.

Now that said, you need to stop referring to it as "prime time Andy" because that's not an Andy thing, that's a Bengals/Marvin thing. The Bengals have pretty much always been hot garbage in prime time games under Marvin. The same as there's been four different QBs who've looked bad in the playoffs under Marvin. All the players have changed over time, but Mike/Marvin/Paul A/etc have stayed the same, and the Bengals looked the same in prime time.

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 09:34 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I need to point out that this is not a defense of Andy's play yesterday. He was absolutely horrible. The majority of the team and coaching was, too, but that doesn't stop the fact that Dalton was terrible yesterday.

Now that said, you need to stop referring to it as "prime time Andy" because that's not an Andy thing, that's a Bengals/Marvin thing. The Bengals have pretty much always been hot garbage in prime time games under Marvin. The same as there's been four different QBs who've looked bad in the playoffs under Marvin. All the players have changed over time, but Mike/Marvin/Paul A/etc have stayed the same, and the Bengals looked the same in prime time.

Abso-damn-lutely.

As to the OP, yes, if he plays that bad Thursday, send him to the pine.

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - Luvnit2 - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 09:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Abso-damn-lutely.

As to the OP, yes, if he plays that bad Thursday, send him to the pine.

I thought they should have benched AD after halftime. He was off all day. He missed Core not once but twice for huge throws. One he was wide open and overthrew him by 10 yards.

(09-11-2017, 09:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought they should have benched AD after halftime. He was off all day. He missed Core not once but twice for huge throws. One he was wide open and overthrew him by 10 yards.

.....can't argue with that Luvnit.  This was reminiscent of the Browns game a few years back.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 02:05 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: These are the called holds on Fisher. Both legit finishes. Refs are out of their damn minds. 

Damn....that first one was just NASTY....good look Royle.  I can't wait to see your critique this week.

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - bengals73 - 09-11-2017

He wasn't benched because this team has no accountability for it's players.. or it's coaches .. and that's all on Mike Brown

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 08:21 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: What is it with people on this forum.

Dalton had a bad game ... Yes .... Was some of it his fault? yes ... overthrown pass to Core for what should have been a TD. Bonehead INT in the endzone ... but to say he is to blame more than the shitty play calling (coaches) and crap Oline you are off your rocker!

you mention 4QB's there. 

Wilson - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 29.8, 40.5, 51.3, 46.1, 42.5 )
Rodgers - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 78.7, 68.3, 55.8, 79.1, 79.1 )
Dak - Oline Grades From LT to RT  ( 77.1, 51.6, 54.0, 85.8, 68.1 ) 
Stafford - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 69.9, 39.5, 42.8, 72.4, 87.3 )

Dalton - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 36.8, 38.9, 42.7, 33.9, 49.9 )

Now Wilson's Line was the only one close to Dalton's and funnily enough the Seahawks and Wilson had a crap night also. And its not as if Greenbay's Defense is on Baltimore's level either. The Worst players on Rodgers and Dak's oline are like All-Pro's compared to ours! 

There was literally no part of the Oline for the Bengals that's played anything other than horrendous. And you wonder why Dalton is like a Deer in the headlights back there. Its been proven in the past, give him and above average Oline (doesn't have to be elite) and he can be a top 10 Passer (rated no.10 in 2015 PFF)

Great post.....nice job on those grades, thanks for the look.

Some folks don't understand just how bad losing terribly in the trenches is for the overall health of either unit....

(09-11-2017, 10:01 AM)bengals73 Wrote: He wasn't benched because this team has no accountability for it's players.. or it's coaches .. and that's all on Mike Brown

Right on......great sig, btw. LMAO