Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - RoyleRedlegs - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:00 AM)Wyche Wrote: Damn....that first one was just NASTY....good look Royle.  I can't wait to see your critique this week.

I doubt I do a full review. Most pass plays hit so fast there isn't much to show. 
Other than a few stand out blocks by Fisher and general consistency by Boling, it was all just bad. 

If I get 3 or 4 of these a week from Fisher, I will have my own little nirvana of these videos haha

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:05 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I doubt I do a full review. Most pass plays hit so fast there isn't much to show. 
Other than a few stand out blocks by Fisher and general consistency by Boling, it was all just bad. 

If I get 3 or 4 of these a week from Fisher, I will have my own little nirvana of these videos haha

Damn....was really looking forward to it, but I don't blame you.  The more I see of Fish, the more I am liking.  Can we move him to LT? Sad

(09-11-2017, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Damn....was really looking forward to it, but I don't blame you.  The more I see of Fish, the more I am liking.  Can we move him to LT? Sad

As tempting as that is, I don't want to move him again. Let him put roots down at RT. 

Let Andre play left tackle. Maybe it's his "natural position" lol. 
Hell, he was actually a good LT in college unlike some....

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - bengals73 - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:05 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right on......great sig, btw. LMAO

Thanks- I can't take credit for it though.. Bengalholic posted it on the gameday thread yesterday and I borrowed it :) Hopefully he doesn't mind 

(09-11-2017, 10:08 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: As tempting as that is, I don't want to move him again. Let him put roots down at RT. 

I hear you.....it was tongue in cheek, mostly.  Let someone play it, sheesh!

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Luvnit2 - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 08:21 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: What is it with people on this forum.

Dalton had a bad game ... Yes .... Was some of it his fault? yes ... overthrown pass to Core for what should have been a TD. Bonehead INT in the endzone ... but to say he is to blame more than the shitty play calling (coaches) and crap Oline you are off your rocker!

you mention 4QB's there. 

Wilson - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 29.8, 40.5, 51.3, 46.1, 42.5 )
Rodgers - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 78.7, 68.3, 55.8, 79.1, 79.1 )
Dak - Oline Grades From LT to RT  ( 77.1, 51.6, 54.0, 85.8, 68.1 ) 
Stafford - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 69.9, 39.5, 42.8, 72.4, 87.3 )

Dalton - Oline Grades From LT to RT ( 36.8, 38.9, 42.7, 33.9, 49.9 )

Now Wilson's Line was the only one close to Dalton's and funnily enough the Seahawks and Wilson had a crap night also. And its not as if Greenbay's Defense is on Baltimore's level either. The Worst players on Rodgers and Dak's oline are like All-Pro's compared to ours! 

There was literally no part of the Oline for the Bengals that's played anything other than horrendous. And you wonder why Dalton is like a Deer in the headlights back there. Its been proven in the past, give him and above average Oline (doesn't have to be elite) and he can be a top 10 Passer (rated no.10 in 2015 PFF)

Wow, I knew the Ol was horrid, but shocking that our supposed best OL was almost as bad as our LT and RG was worse than our LT!

(09-11-2017, 10:08 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: As tempting as that is, I don't want to move him again. Let him put roots down at RT. 

I first thought why don't they use a TE to help Ced. But after seeing how bad Boling, Hudson and TJ were yesterday, it would not have mattered. You can't cover for 5 bad OL performances.

As for Smith or Fisher, I have no clue if anything we have on our current roster could help our OL line in 2017.

(09-11-2017, 10:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: I hear you.....it was tongue in cheek, mostly.  Let someone play it, sheesh!

It's early yet but the projected top OTs have had rough starts to the 2017 season.
Mike McGlintchey had a rough one vs Georgia. Gave up the game ending sack/fumble. Rare to see him struggle like that. He's usually a pillar of form and technique.
Connor Williams looked incredibly sluggish vs Maryland. He added some weight and it showed, not in a good way.
Trey Adams had a rough one to start against Rutgers as well. 
Jamarco Jones from Ohio State had some issues vs IU and OU. 

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - jj22 - 09-11-2017

You bench Dalton Thursday for another bad outing, and there is no turning back. For good or bad, he's the "Franchise QB", and once they are benched for bad play for their backup it's over. Even if you think it's just for a game. Name a QB who it happened to after 7 years starting on a team and he's on another team now.

If Dalton gets benched, it'll be time to scout Qb's for our top 3 pick.

Give him the decency to go down with the ship. I never liked benching a starting QB during a blowout, and if they have as many years in the league as Dalton has, during the season either.

It's like the captain getting on a life boat while everyone else sinks. This is his team as much as it is Marvins. For a bad game, or for the year, we need to sink or swim with Dalton and give him the dignity of standing with the team he captains as this thing crashes and burns. Then let a new HC make a decision on him and hopefully have a better backup plan then AJ.

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - RoyleRedlegs - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: You bench Dalton Thursday for another bad outing, and there is no turning back. For good or bad, he's the "Franchise QB", and once they are benched for bad play for their backup it's over. Even if you think it's just for a game. Name a QB who it happened to after 7 years starting on a team and he's on another team now.

If Dalton gets benched, it'll be time to scout Qb's for our top 3 pick.

Give him the decency to go down with the ship. I never liked benching a starting QB during a blowout, and if they have as many years in the league as Dalton has, during the season either.

It's like the captain getting on a life boat while everyone else sinks. This is his team as much as it is Marvins. For a bad game, or for the year, we need to sink or swim with Dalton and give him the dignity standing with the team as they fail. Then let a new HC make a decision on him and hopefully have a better backup plan then AJ.

Lamar Jackson or bust. 

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - Luvnit2 - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 09:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: .....can't argue with that Luvnit.  This was reminiscent of the Browns game a few years back.

If I were MB and king for a day, I would have fired ML and Zampese at halftime to prove a point.

RE: Prime Time Andy Dalton? - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If I were B and king for a day, I would have fired ML and Zampese at halftime to prove a point.

Man......I wish you were king for yesterday! :andy:

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Bengalboy - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:26 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: It's early yet but the projected top OTs have had rough starts to the 2017 season.
Mike McGlintchey had a rough one vs Georgia. Gave up the game ending sack/fumble. Rare to see him struggle like that. He's usually a pillar of form and technique.
Connor Williams looked incredibly sluggish vs Maryland. He added some weight and it showed, not in a good way.
Trey Adams had a rough one to start against Rutgers as well. 
Jamarco Jones from Ohio State had some issues vs IU and OU. 

Its been a miserable start to the season. Don't go piling on what is the last bit of hope (high draft pick decent oline prospect)   Hilarious

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - TheLeonardLeap - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 10:18 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I first thought why don't they use a TE to help Ced. But after seeing how bad Boling, Hudson and TJ were yesterday, it would not have mattered. You can't cover for 5 bad OL performances.

As for Smith or Fisher, I have no clue if anything we have on our current roster could help our OL line in 2017.

Wonder if he's having the same thing happen to him that happened to Zeitler. Play next to Ogbuehi and suddenly their play drops, though it wasn't quite that bad for Zeitler last year. Maybe Boling got really comfortable not having to think about what's happening to the left of him? Like the drop from Andre to Ogbuehi was bad, but somewhat adjustable while the drop from Whitworth to Ogubehi is something you simply can't adjust for. Lol

(09-11-2017, 10:45 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Wonder if he's having the same thing happen to him that happened to Zeitler. Play next to Ogbuehi and suddenly their play drops, though it wasn't quite that bad for Zeitler last year. Maybe Boling got really comfortable not having to think about what's happening to the left of him? Like the drop from Andre to Ogbuehi was bad, but somewhat adjustable while the drop from Whitworth to Ogubehi is something you simply can't adjust for. Lol

Boling basically played 2016 with one arm. 
1. He's still getting his power back fully. 
2. He is on an island at LG right now. Every run play he's fighting traffic. It's gross. 

Just watched the snippet from the post game press conference. Credit to whoever it was in the media at the end, who actually asked about the O-line play. you could tell Marv was straight up Bullshitting reply mode.

"how concerning was the Offensive line play today"

Marv's Reply:

"I don't know, let me look at the tape, i cant tell you"

Seriously! .....lol Marv classic right there.

"we had a couple of pressures we don't want to have"

A couple!! .... what on the first series, what about the rest?

On a serious non Marvin Bullshit note. Who was the reporter asking questions at the end?. Seems like the only guy asking something close to what the fan base would like to ask these clowns. Outside of the old tired "so you dissapointed?" "we ready for next week?" blah blah blah .... !

(09-11-2017, 10:56 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Just watched the snippet from the post game press conference. Credit to whoever it was in the media at the end, who actually asked about the O-line play. you could tell Marv was straight up Bullshitting reply mode.

"how concerning was the Offensive line play today"

Marv's Reply:

"I don't know, let me look at the tape, i cant tell you"

Seriously! .....lol Marv classic right there.

"we had a couple of pressures we don't want to have"

A couple!! .... what on the first series, what about the rest?

On a serious non Marvin Bullshit note. Who was the reporter asking questions at the end?. Seems like the only guy asking something close to what the fan base would like to ask these clowns. Outside of the old tired "so you dissapointed?" "we ready for next week?" blah blah blah .... !

I agree the ML comments anytime asked about poor play was I need to watch the tape. A head coach saying he has no clue how we did is saying he is clueless. How do you make adjustments during a game if you have no idea how guys are performing. I have supported ML, it is time for him to go. I hope they fire him today!

(09-11-2017, 11:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree the ML comments anytime asked about poor play was I need to watch the tape. A head coach saying he has no clue how we did is saying he is clueless. How do you make adjustments during a game if you have no idea how guys are performing. I have supported ML, it is time for him to go. I hope they fire him today!

.....too chicken shit to call people out.  He can't not know what happened out there......

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Hoofhearted - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 11:01 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree the ML comments anytime asked about poor play was I need to watch the tape. A head coach saying he has no clue how we did is saying he is clueless. How do you make adjustments during a game if you have no idea how guys are performing. I have supported ML, it is time for him to go. I hope they fire him today!

You never say shit like that in public. I don't like how bland he is, but in no way would I like for him to say "offensive line sucked". You do that in the film room today.

(09-11-2017, 11:04 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: You never say shit like that in public. I don't like how bland he is, but in no way would I like for him to say "offensive line sucked". You do that in the film room today.

Why not. Plenty of other coaches including the great man Bill himself calls Units out all the time if not specific players. Chuckles is too gutless to even do that most of the time. Its complete nonsense.

Some more fun video's from twitter LOL

https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/907244148369100800

3 man rush FFS! look at this nonsense It is scary when you think Clowney / Watt next up Sad