Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 01:16 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Talking to grown ass men like they're children is also ridiculous. If you choose that starting lineup, scheme, gameplan, etc but then blast it for "sucking ass" you just made yourself look like an idiot. But please carry on. 

Oh I think Marvin does a fine job of doing that already. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - RetroBengal - 09-11-2017

(09-11-2017, 04:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. Dalton has been a good-to-great QB fore the last few years and he played like bantha poodoo yesterday. Yesterday's game doesn't erase every single positive thing he's done prior to yesterday. It's one of the main reasons I had to leave the game day thread yesterday. Dalton was playing like crap but people were using his play to make it seem like Ryan Leaf would be a better QB for us. 

$10 says these people were not Bengals fans during the years when guys like Klingler or Akili were our QB.

Klingler and Smith.... Yep, it could be and was absolutely worse. But this last game was a collective disaster that just left me i awe...

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Vas Deferens - 09-12-2017

(09-10-2017, 10:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Pppffffttttt!!!!! Do you know how many guys wear those?  Derek Carr wears one....many others. You guys put too much stock into some silly ass shit right there. Come on Vas....lol.

To me it's a matter of priorities. Doesn't seem like having a ring on your finger gives you a BETTER grip. I could care less about it other than it sends the message, 'I care more about my wife knowing I love her for these 4 hrs than I do about my performance'.

I don't know about you, but when I'm working on my vehicles, woodworking, or fixing the disposal; I take off any gd piece of extraneous bs I may be wearing because... I GIVE A FLYING F ABOUT MY ABILITY TO PERFORM SAID TASK.

I wish marge Schott could get in this jokers ear. Whole damn city is going soft sticking up for this clown and his foo foo attitude. How can the Crap OL take his admonishment if he's too busy making sure his hair is spiked right.

Get out of here with that frozen yogurt bs.

Love ya wyche, but holding this dudes hand ain't getting the job done.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - The Caped Crusader - 09-12-2017

Dalton had a bad game. The offensive line had a worse game. Move on and hope we can win Thursday.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Bengalboy - 09-12-2017

See how this progresses for the rest of the season but .....

2 offensive lineman that i was interested in played last night (one of which i had hoped we would have picked up in FA Leary)

Playing Decent Chargers D Line.

Rookie G.Bolles Graded 73.1
Ronald Leary Graded 80.5

At the time i was gutted we didn't get Leary, but its no surprise this Franchise has no balls when it comes to making decent (slightly expensive but still cheaper than Zeitler) FA moves.

Oh and on the Subject of Zeitler and Whit ..

Whit Graded 80.2 Zeitler 80.2

Both guys almost double in any rating of anyone on our Line this week  ThumbsUp

Watched some more of the game again last night, although waiting for bloody gamepass to get its act together with the All-22 coverage which would make it easier to evaluate. But Andy might have to start doing 15 - 20 yard drops in the hope that the Oline can actually anchor itself after 10 yards of being put on skates  Hilarious

(09-12-2017, 06:28 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Watched some more of the game again last night, although waiting for bloody gamepass to get its act together with the All-22 coverage which would make it easier to evaluate. But Andy might have to start doing 15 - 20 yard drops in the hope that the Oline can actually anchor itself after 10 yards of being put on skates  Hilarious

Actually, that makes it worse. The reason for the pocket is to keep pressing the ends around, creating an area to pass in. Going farther back eliminates that, and makes it easier to hit the QB.

Insert why JaMarcus Russell was an awful QB (among other reasons). He would take 5-7 step drop backs and make them 9-12 step. 

Not to be 'that' guy. 

(09-12-2017, 06:34 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Actually, that makes it worse. The reason for the pocket is to keep pressing the ends around, creating an area to pass in. Going farther back eliminates that, and makes it easier to hit the QB.

Insert why JaMarcus Russell was an awful QB (among other reasons). He would take 5-7 step drop backs and make them 9-12 step. 

Not to be 'that' guy. 

I was being sarcastic about the 20 yard drop lol

On a serious note though. Dalton is stuffed either way, because as you say, shouldn't drop back too far to avoid Edge rush, but so much pressure is coming right up the middle also on every play. There were multiple times where Andy is literally back after a 5 - yard drop and the oline has been insta pushed 9 yards from the LOS right in to Andy's face. He has nowhere to go.

(09-12-2017, 06:45 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: I was being sarcastic about the 20 yard drop lol

On a serious note though. Dalton is stuffed either way, because as you say, shouldn't drop back too far to avoid Edge rush, but so much pressure is coming right up the middle also on every play. There were multiple times where Andy is literally back after a 5 - yard drop and the oline has been insta pushed 9 yards from the LOS right in to Andy's face. He has nowhere to go.

I figured. The 8 years of playing left tackle came out. My wife said the same thing, and I went into the breakdown. She just gave me the, "I don't give an F face." 

I think all you need to do to describe Andy's day is the play where he immediately had to shove someone off, and then run around in the backfield...then fans got pissed because he threw it away...

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-12-2017

(09-12-2017, 01:28 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: To me it's a matter of priorities.  Doesn't seem like having a ring on your finger gives you a BETTER grip.  I could care less about it other than it sends the message, 'I care more about my wife knowing I love her for these 4 hrs than I do about my performance'.  

I don't know about you, but when I'm working on my vehicles, woodworking, or fixing the disposal; I take off any gd piece of extraneous bs I may be wearing because...  I GIVE A FLYING F ABOUT MY ABILITY TO PERFORM SAID TASK.  

I wish marge Schott could get in this jokers ear.  Whole damn city is going soft sticking up for this clown and his foo foo attitude.   How can the Crap OL take his admonishment if he's too busy making sure his hair is spiked right.  

LMAO....I'll give ya the hair....lol. I'm not holding dude's hand....I've criticized him plenty over Sunday....called him shitty...the whole 9. That said....with this shit show organization, I find it hard to be critical of any player that isn't doing dumb shit off the field anymore.....aside from the shit show up front....but that's more about the organization than the players.

Look at the Vikings.  O line sucks? No problem....we'll shitcan the whole goddamned unit and start over. Got a potential HOFer that isn't getting it done anymore? Thanks for the memories AP....now GTFOH....LOL. Compare that to OUR offseason Vas.  You starting to understand my viewpoint?  It's the same viewpoint I had about Palmer 7 years ago. I supported his stance over the team's.  Will it all pan out for Minny? Who knows.  At least they TRIED.

Actually....my wedding ring seldom comes off. I really don't remember the last time I had it off. Even Pig Pen wears tape over his. But that's just me.  Love ya too my man....but I just don't see the big deal about the wedding band.  

(09-12-2017, 07:33 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I figured. The 8 years of playing left tackle came out. My wife said the same thing, and I went into the breakdown. She just gave me the, "I don't give an F face." 

I think all you need to do to describe Andy's day is the play where he immediately had to shove someone off, and then run around in the backfield...then fans got pissed because he threw it away...

hehe.

That would be this : https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/907244148369100800

And yep .... sums it all up. Dalton's strong arming his own Centre almost instantly after getting the ball. Then Boling and Ced are getting man handled by one DE.4 Bengals in Andy face on a 3 man rush. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - PhilHos - 09-12-2017

(09-12-2017, 01:28 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: To me it's a matter of priorities.  Doesn't seem like having a ring on your finger gives you a BETTER grip.  I could care less about it other than it sends the message, 'I care more about my wife knowing I love her for these 4 hrs than I do about my performance'.  

I don't know about you, but when I'm working on my vehicles, woodworking, or fixing the disposal; I take off any gd piece of extraneous bs I may be wearing because...  I GIVE A FLYING F ABOUT MY ABILITY TO PERFORM SAID TASK.  

I wish marge Schott could get in this jokers ear.  Whole damn city is going soft sticking up for this clown and his foo foo attitude.   How can the Crap OL take his admonishment if he's too busy making sure his hair is spiked right.  

Except the wedding ring goes on the LEFT hand and Dalton throws with the RIGHT hand. His wedding ring has virtually no impact (if not literally no impact) on his throws. Not to mention it becomes even less of a factor in games where Dalton is wearing a glove on his left hand.

Of all the things to be critical of Dalton for, this has got to be the most insignificant and ridiculous, IMO.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Butchie Tiger - 09-12-2017

Dalton had the lowest QB Ranking in the history of the stat since it's been recorded .
Yes the O-line is bad but he looks lost out there and panics when his first option is taken away , he just can't improvise like most good QB's are able to do.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - PhilHos - 09-12-2017

(09-12-2017, 12:39 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Dalton  had the lowest QB Ranking in the history of the stat since it's been recorded .

No, he didn't. Peyton Manning did.

Besides that, ESPN's QBR stat is the biggest load of horseshit since [insert a big deal that turned out to be fake].

(09-12-2017, 12:39 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Yes the O-line is bad but he looks lost out there and panics when his first option is taken away ,

No, he doesn't. Yes, pressure can cause him to make some bad decisions, but not covering his first option.

(09-12-2017, 12:39 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: he just can't improvise like most good QB's are able to  do.

Not all good QBs are able to improvise. Only the truly special. Dan Marino and Peyton Manning, to mention two, weren't good at improvising at all, yet they were still great QBs. Probably becuase they were fantastic at reading defenses and finding the open man. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-15-2017

Just saw a really funny sign at a Sunoco station on the Westside that read: 

Dalton, I hope you're better at the chicken dance! 

Have to admit it gave me a good laugh.  Hilarious

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Socal Bengals fan - 09-15-2017

Dalton is horrible this year. Hoe can anyone defend this garbage. Amazing

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - BigSeph - 09-15-2017

Excuses already lined up for the rest of the season-

@ GB - "But it was Lazor's first game calling plays, don't worry we'll score a TD next week"

@ CLE - "Hue knows Andy too well, it's like how your sibling knows about your food allergy and knows exactly what to poison you with"

vs BUF - "Our O Line is horrible, yeah the Bills are bad but if we can't run the ball then it doesn't matter who you put at QB."

etc.

I always get a laugh out of fans who demand Marvin be held accountable but refuse to let others hold Andy accountable.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Bfanlc - 09-16-2017

(09-12-2017, 07:58 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: hehe.

That would be this : https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/907244148369100800

And yep .... sums it all up. Dalton's strong arming his own Centre almost instantly after getting the ball. Then Boling and Ced are getting man handled by one DE.4 Bengals in Andy face on a 3 man rush. 

Correct me if Im wrong but isnt that play designed to go left and Dalton runs right? Where there are no receivers? Running back motions left and goes out on a route. He is Daltons dump off and also going to be one of his main options on that play with a tightend/wide receiver further down field on the same side. Why bail right?
 Also the play called for a pulling ol to go left and help protect yet again Dalton went right.
I see a lot of people defending Dalton, giving stats, etc but for me not winning a playoff game since he has been there is more telling and even more unacceptable. And for a coach to not have won a play off game in 15 years...wow.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - grampahol - 09-16-2017

Well, Dalton has been pretty good in the past, but never with Zampese calling the plays.
I'm not quite ready to scapegoat Andy quite yet.  If Lazer can play to the strengths this team has we might have a chance, but there was never a chance with Z.. The plays under zamp were as if he was every defensive players personal financial advisor. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - PhilHos - 09-16-2017

(09-15-2017, 10:06 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Dalton is horrible this year.  Hoe can anyone defend this garbage.  Amazing

(09-15-2017, 10:54 PM)BigSeph Wrote: Excuses already lined up for the rest of the season-

@ GB - "But it was Lazor's first game calling plays, don't worry we'll score a TD next week"

@ CLE - "Hue knows Andy too well, it's like how your sibling knows about your food allergy and knows exactly what to poison you with"

vs BUF - "Our O Line is horrible, yeah the Bills are bad but if we can't run the ball then it doesn't matter who you put at QB."

etc.

I always get a laugh out of fans who demand Marvin be held accountable but refuse to let others hold Andy accountable.

Please show me anyone that's defending Dalton's play THIS year. Otherwise kindly STFU.

Thanks.  ThumbsUp

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - McC - 09-16-2017

It is certainly not all on Andy but he sure owns a big piece of the pie. I'm all for giving AJM a look. At the very least, he does not play scared. And scared is what is killing Dalton right now.