Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Synric - 09-16-2017

(09-16-2017, 11:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Any other Hall of Famers you want to mention while talking about Dalton? Brady? Brees?

Any substance to your post? any thoughts? No arguments against anything I've said? No... just a simple wannabe cheap shot. Better luck next time.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-16-2017

(09-16-2017, 11:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Any substance to your post? any thoughts? No arguments against anything I've said? No... just a simple wannabe cheap shot. Better luck next time.

I don't need an argument, you're the one making yourself look ridiculous even mentioning Dalton in the same conversation as Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Synric - 09-16-2017

(09-16-2017, 11:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don't need an argument, you're the one making yourself look ridiculous even mentioning Dalton in the same conversation as Aaron Rodgers or Big Ben. 

Ok tell me why? I'm obviously in need of an explanation. 

Did not both Rodgers and Ben have bad seasons behind awful offensive lines? Is Big Ben better than Rodgers? Or is Rodgers better than Big Ben? Rodgers has the best passer rating in NFL History but Ben has 2 superbowl bowl wins 3 apperances? Is thr NFC north better over the last 7 years over thr AFC North? Which defenses do you think have been better and what years? Is Eli Manning in this catagory with 2 super bowl wins? Has Dalton not been in 6 playoffs? Does he not have a couple of amazing seasons under his belt? Try again next time bring something other than your wrong but no reason why.

I've seen Ben Rodgers Eli Payton Favre Marino damn everyone has bad seasons with bad teams.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-17-2017

Dalton is an average to slightly above average QB (when everything around him is perfect) and those other guys are all time great HoFers. Why are we debating this?

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Synric - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 12:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton is an average to slightly above average QB  (when everything around him is perfect) and those other guys are all time great HoFers.   Why are we debating this?

What are you debating? I'm flat out saying it takes more than amazing QB play to win football games. Football is a team sport and the numbers people throw around as gospel is competely dependant on the the people around them and WHO they play that given sunday. 

Tape Tape Tape over Numbers. Just think if they drafted players bases on numbers lolollolololllloll.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Sweetness - 09-17-2017

(09-16-2017, 11:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Ok tell me why? I'm obviously in need of an explanation. 

Did not both Rodgers and Ben have bad seasons behind awful offensive lines? Is Big Ben better than Rodgers? Or is Rodgers better than Big Ben? Rodgers has the best passer rating in NFL History but Ben has 2 superbowl bowl wins 3 apperances? Is thr NFC north better over the last 7 years over thr AFC North? Which defenses do you think have been better and what years? Is Eli Manning in this catagory with 2 super bowl wins? Has Dalton not been in 6 playoffs? Does he not have a couple of amazing seasons under his belt? Try again next time bring something other than your wrong but no reason why.

I've seen Ben Rodgers Eli Payton Favre Marino damn everyone has bad seasons with bad teams.

I think the important question to ask in these cases is are they elevating their team to be better or are they being elevated by their team? Of the QBs you mentioned I would say Eli is the only one who, like Dalton, is elevated by his team and not the other way around. 

(09-17-2017, 12:08 AM)Sweetness Wrote: I think the important question to ask in these cases is are they elevating their team to be better or are they being elevated by their team? Of the QBs you mentioned I would say Eli is the only one who, like Dalton, is elevated by his team and not the other way around. 

Ok who was around Big Ben when he won his super bowls? Steelers where 8-8 for a couple y3ar there did not drafting Brown and Wallace then Bell help Ben out?

Ben had average numbers at best when he won his super bowls he's actually become a hell of alot better QB his last 4 or 5 years.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Nicomo Cosca - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 12:08 AM)Sweetness Wrote: I think the important question to ask in these cases is are they elevating their team to be better or are they being elevated by their team? Of the QBs you mentioned I would say Eli is the only one who, like Dalton, is elevated by his team and not the other way around. 

Eli is a 2 time Superbowl MVP. Yes those Giants teams had great defenses but don't sell him short.

(09-17-2017, 12:11 AM)Synric Wrote: Ok who was around Big Ben when he won his super bowls? Steelers where 8-8 for a couple y3ar there did not drafting Brown and Wallace then Bell help Ben out?

Look at the stats/record lately with Ben in and Ben out. I don't care enough to look it up so I'll let you do that. 

(09-17-2017, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eli is a 2 time Superbowl MVP. Yes those Giants teams had great defenses but don't sell him short.

Eli can spin a football one of the  better QBs in the NFL that no on3 mentions. I'm just pointing out to people that are dogging Dalton that a pocket passer like Eli or Dalton need an Oline OC and weapons.

(09-17-2017, 12:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eli is a 2 time Superbowl MVP. Yes those Giants teams had great defenses but don't sell him short.

Yea, because they can't give MVP to the entire defense. In 2008 he threw 56% 2TD, 1Int, and only 265 yards. That's not good. In 2012 he threw for 1 TD. Don't act like he set the world on fire. 

(09-17-2017, 12:15 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Look at the stats/record lately with Ben in and Ben out. I don't care enough to look it up so I'll let you do that. 

Ok why did they go 8-8 two years in a row? Because even a HOF QB needs a line weapons and the right playcalling to be constantly successful that's my ONLY point if you re read everything I've said.

Well that and most stats and numbers throw out don't mean shat it's all about the tape.

(09-17-2017, 12:26 AM)Synric Wrote: Ok why did they go 8-8 two years in a row? Because even a HOF QB needs a line weapons and the right playcalling to be constantly successful that's my ONLY point if you re read everything I've said.

Well that and most stats and numbers throw out don't mean shat it's all about the tape.

But that doesn't mean they wouldn't have done 4-12 or 5-11 without hi.  

(09-17-2017, 12:36 AM)Sweetness Wrote: But that doesn't mean they wouldn't have done 4-12 or 5-11 without hi.  

I could say doesn't mean they wouldn't have gone 8-8 without him but I'm only some dumb not plumb dumb lol. 

My whole argument form my first post on is that Dalton has been damn good in Cincy and they need to continue to build around him instead of trying to replace him.

(09-17-2017, 12:51 AM)Synric Wrote: I could say doesn't mean they wouldn't have gone 8-8 without him but I'm only some dumb not plumb dumb lol. 

My whole argument form my first post on is that Dalton has been damn good in Cincy and they need to continue to build around him instead of trying to replace him.

I Don't disagree with that. But that doesn't mean he's Ben, Brady, or Rogers. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Atomic Orange - 09-17-2017

Dalton has the Heebie-jeebies and rightfully so. He has been sacked 10 times in 2 games. Not exactly sure how many pressures but i'm sure it is up there as well. Because of this he makes dumb mistakes.

Again it's all about rhythm.

And the entire offense doesn't have any.

(09-17-2017, 02:18 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Dalton has the Heebie-jeebies  and rightfully so. He has been sacked 10 times in 2 games. Not exactly  sure how many pressures but i'm sure it is up there as well.  Because of this he makes dumb mistakes.

Again it's all about rhythm.

And the entire offense doesn't have any.

How much of that is due to a terrible OC? With pretty much the same Oline it turned to crap over one season. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - PhilHos - 09-17-2017

(09-16-2017, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this one of those not defending Dalton's play posts?
Only if you can't read and/or understand English.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - PhilHos - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 12:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton is an average to slightly above average QB (when everything around him is perfect) and those other guys are all time great HoFers. Why are we debating this?
When has everything around Dalton been perfect?

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 09-17-2017

(09-17-2017, 01:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When has everything around Dalton been perfect?

He's had a couple years (2013 and 2015) when things were good around him. Far from "perfect" though. Perfect doesn't include a shit run game. Hue was a good coach. So what? All good QBs seem to have good coaching around them (usually for longer than 2 years). All good QBs tend to have good receivers as well. Amazing coincidence, huh?

As for the Rodgers thing, I haven't seen anyone say that they're on a similar level, just folks twisting what Syrinc is trying to say. It's obvious they're not on the same level, but only 2 QBs are. Fwiw, there are 8 divisions in the NFL. Rodgers has his worst win % and 2nd worst passer rating in the AFCN. If Rodgers were in the AFCN being coached by guys like Marvin Lewis and Zampese, I don't think he'd be the constant MVP candidate he is now. Would he be better than Andy? Sure. Would he be leading the Bengals to a championship with 4500 yard, 45 TD seasons? Lol nope.

Now place Dalton is a softer division (Dalton has a 120.3 rating vs NFCN - his best of any division), with an offensive mind like McCarthy and does anyone think he wouldn't be better off? I think that's what Syrinc is trying to say.