Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Marlon23 - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 03:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Change has already been made. If Dalton continues to struggle, then you make a change there.

Honestly though, until Marv and Paul A are out, it's probably just rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

Honestly though, until Marv and Paul A are out, it's probably just rearranging chairs on the Titanic.

lol.  U got me laughing.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Synric - 09-18-2017

When AJ Green spoke about missed opportunities he also mentioned the type of defenses the Bengals were seeing.

The Bengals have been facing a slanted cover 2. It's a man to man scheme with 2 deep safeties mostly slanted towards AJ Green. The thing is about this defense the Bengals SHOULD be able to run thr football. Teams are taking away the passing game and daring them to run...they just can't.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Fresno B - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 03:14 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I have no problem giving McCarron credit for almost winning against Pittsburgh, but, then you have to give Dalton credit for almost winning the 2nd PO game against the Texans. IIRC, Dalton barely overthrew Green for the game tying (game winning with a successful XPA) TD at the end of that game.

McCarron had the game won. Hill, Refs, Pacman and Burfict loss the game for us. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - ochocincos - 09-18-2017

Carson Palmer played seven seasons with the Bengals before he was sent packing.
Andy Dalton is in his seventh season with the Bengals.
Ninja

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Fresno B - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 02:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: FIFY

Points allowed when McCarron led the epic comeback almost-win: 15
Points allowed in Dalton's starts: 25.8

Sacks in McCarron's start: 4
Sacks in Dalton's starts: 4 total in 4 games

Turnovers forced in McCarron's start: 2
Turnovers forced in Dalton's starts: 2 total in 4 games

Opposing QB's passer rating in McCarron's start: 73.8 (55.6% completion rate)
Opposing QB's passer rating in Dalton's starts: 98.3 (70.3% completion rate)

Short fields for McCarron: 3 drives started in Pittsburgh territory, with both TD's starting there
Short fields for Dalton: Dalton has never started a drive on the opponent's side of the field

Offensive drives for McCarron: 15
Offensive Drives for Dalton: 11.0 on average, never more than 12. 

Look at all the facts. McCarron got more help in his 1 start than Dalton got in all 4 games combined. The defense got stops and turnovers, allowing McCarron more opportunities (15 drives) and short fields (3 drives that started in opp territory). Dalton never got anything close to that. In truth, McCarron was just as terrible as Dalton ever was, but if you keep giving a guy opportunities and short fields while keeping the score down, it gives our QB a chance to stay in the game. 

It's a team game, and our defense finally came to play in 2015, but people are so QB obsessed that they insist on giving the credit to the guy that benefited from all those stops and turnovers.
Its going to be funny reading your posts when the Dalton era comes to an end, which is sooner than you think. I wonder whose the next bust you'll be defending, Hill maybe?

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - muskiesfan - 09-18-2017

I'm a Dalton fan. I really like the guy and I feel he's gotten a bum rap from fans his entire career here. However, he is totally sucking it up so far this season.

Dalton's career is far from over, but his time in stripes may be coming to an end. I don't really believe that his teammates have given up on and him are wanting him replaced. I believe they are frustrated and want to win. Winning has been a thing for a few seasons here. While they didn't have postseason success, they did have regular season success and were used to being in the playoffs. Then last season and the way this season has started, it's completely out of line for what they're used to. Like it or not, Andy Dalton was a part of helping get this franchise to where they were consistently winning and considered contenders. He improved each season and was a part of the MVP discussion until his injury in 2015.

Dalton being the scapegoat isn't s surprise at all. It's what Bengals fans do. He was never the guy they wanted to begin with. What's funny is people talking about the excuses being made for Dalton's play this season are the same people who have made excuses as to why he's never deserved credit for all of the good he has done for this team. However, after finally having a losing season and starting off this season poorly, they are finally able to pin it all on Dalton. Since he's been here, there haven't been a ton of losses to lay at his feet. He came in and helped the team earn a Wild Card spot his rookie season when the team was predicted to go winless.

I shouldn't have to keep bringing up the guy's past, but his past is why I can't just give up on him after 2 games. I believe he will turn it around and start playing more like the Dalton we're used to. Unfortunately, that won't be good enough for a lot of fans. There are plenty who have wanted him gone since he got here. Make no mistake, Andy Dalton is definitely part of the problem this year. There's no need to bring up the other issues because we all know what they are. However, there's a problem I am going to bring up that is going to get me torn apart for no reason.

Fans, including many on this very board, overvalue the weapons this team has. We always hear about this all-world talent that Dalton is surrounded by, but who is it? Obviously AJ Green, but who are these top tier, best in the league, best in the world weapons that Dalton is surrounded by? Jeremy Hill? Everyone hates on him unless they want to use him against Dalton. Giovani Bernard? The same back that so many say is too small to be a featured back in the NFL? How about Brandon LaFell? The same guy people were bitching about. Talking about our dumpster dive New England cast off, but suddenly he is a stud when discussing Dalton. Mr. Glass? I'll agree he's talented when he's on the field, but how much of an impact can he make constantly missing games? Boyd? Core? Uzomah? Kroft? Everybody's newfound hate receiver in Ross?

People always downplay Dalton because he "has to be surrounded by top tier talent", but I'm curious as to where this top of the league talent is. One year wonder Jones? Sanu whom everyone talked about his shitty production and how he got overpaid. Armon Binns? Brandon Tate?

Besides the other obvious issues (thankfully 1 was actually addressed), could it be that every year the talent is overhyped and over exaggerated? I know plenty will be quick to shoot this theory down, but maybe the actual talent level surrounding Dalton added with the other issues are what is helping him to play poorly and not that he's somehow been able to fake it for 6 years. I hate all caps, but I want to make sure I get this across. DALTON IS MAKING MISTAKES THIS YEAR AND DESERVES SOME BLAME FOR THE 0-2 START. I think people are just giving him way more blame than he deserves.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Nately120 - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 08:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Carson Palmer played seven seasons with the Bengals before he was sent packing.
Andy Dalton is in his seventh season with the Bengals.
Ninja

1.  QB looks pretty good in his first year
2.  QB has an elite season that ends prematurely due to an injury against the Steelers
3.  QB sees his o-line deteriorate
4.  QB play suffers, becomes scapegoat for a franchise that hasn't won anything of note in decades
5.  QB and other players complain enough to get a crappy OC fired
6. Marvin Lewis gets inexplicable extension
7.  QB demands a trade
8.  Next QB will man up and win where prior QB failed

Palmer made it through all 7 steps and Dalton seems to be on step 5.  I can see Dalton riding out his contract, though.  Time will tell.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Shake n Blake - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 09:06 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Its going to be funny reading your posts when the Dalton era comes to an end, which is sooner than you think. I wonder whose the next bust you'll be defending, Hill maybe?

I've never had to wait for your posts to be funny.  Smirk

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Vas Deferens - 09-18-2017

Can we get back to the ******* ring already?

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 12:46 PM)Fresno B Wrote: And also got us closer to a postseason win than Dalton ever has.

Let's be honest. He really didn't do all that much, even in the "comeback". More than Dalton has, yes. But that's not only not saying much. It's pretty much saying nothing at all. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-18-2017

(09-18-2017, 10:18 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Can we get back to the ******* ring already?

McCarron wears one too. Mellow

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Fresno B - 09-19-2017

(09-18-2017, 11:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let's be honest. He really didn't do all that much, even in the "comeback". More than Dalton has, yes. But that's not only not saying much. It's pretty much saying nothing at all. 

More than Dalton has was good enough to seal the deal hadn't it been for Hill. I still wonder if he was paid to fumble.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 12:04 AM)Fresno B Wrote: More than Dalton has was good enough to seal the deal hadn't it been for Hill. I still wonder if he was paid to fumble.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-19-2017, 12:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
Dead serious. I see no other reason to fumble the ball at that time. Especially considering our postseason history. Hill shouldn't be in a Bengal uni imo.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Socal Bengals fan - 09-19-2017

Maybe all Dalton needs to do is workout with Jay Glazer. Remember its done wonders for #70.

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Go Cards - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 12:04 AM)Fresno B Wrote: More than Dalton has was good enough to seal the deal hadn't it been for Hill. I still wonder if he was paid to fumble.

No way he fumbled purposely in my opinion. 

But did want to mention this in the red headed QB thread.

Dalton was the last red head to win a playoff game only to see Hill, Burfict, and Pacman blow it. 

Now could be sold on the refs being paid. 

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Murdock2420 - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 01:21 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Dead serious. I see no other reason to fumble the ball at that time. Especially considering our postseason history. Hill shouldn't be in a Bengal uni imo.

[Image: 3cd8a33a.png]

(09-19-2017, 01:35 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: [Image: 3cd8a33a.png]
And he hasn't even made up for his mistake. Meanwhile Ross was benched for fumbling in the 2nd game???

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - The Caped Crusader - 09-19-2017

(09-18-2017, 09:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: 1.  QB looks pretty good in his first year
2.  QB has an elite season that ends prematurely due to an injury against the Steelers
3.  QB sees his o-line deteriorate
4.  QB play suffers, becomes scapegoat for a franchise that hasn't won anything of note in decades
5.  QB and other players complain enough to get a crappy OC fired
6.  Marvin Lewis gets inexplicable extension
7.  QB demands a trade
8.  Next QB will man up and win where prior QB failed

Palmer made it through all 7 steps and Dalton seems to be on step 5.  I can see Dalton riding out his contract, though.  Time will tell.

This a million times...that, both can't win a playoff game and both struggle in primetime...

WHO TO BLAME HERE!?

RE: ***Official Andy Dalton Sucks Thread*** - Wyche'sWarrior - 09-19-2017

(09-19-2017, 01:21 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Dead serious. I see no other reason to fumble the ball at that time. Especially considering our postseason history. Hill shouldn't be in a Bengal uni imo.

To each his own....looked to me like he was just trying to play hero instead of going down at first contact and made a costly error. That, and his knee was down anyway.