Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
{The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: {The Ultimate ANDY DALTON Mega Thread} (/Thread-The-Ultimate-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread)

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Go Cards - 11-06-2017

OL,OL,OL,OL,OL did I mention OL.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Joelist - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:52 AM)jowczarski Wrote: If you've watched this team for two years and all you can do is go to the QB...not sure you're really looking at the whole picture. Yes, he struggles with that deep sideline ball. Yes, he needs to give his guy a chance vs. it going OB. But...all I can say is that yes, one day, someone other than 14 will throw footballs for the Bengals.

But it won't be 5. And if you think 5 would be having success with this team the last two years ... well, again, to my original point that you're not reallyi seeing the entire picture.

Yup. Of course the underlying issue is that both some here and at least some of those running the team either don't or won't get that winning football teams are built from the lines out, and that ALL offensive line positions are critical. 

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - bengalsturntup5532 - 11-06-2017

Dalton is part of the problem,along with coaching and o line , if someone can't see that you are a blind Dalton lover. Go watch Joe goodberrys all 22 film every week you see Dalton messing up precious opportunities .I'm all for unloading his contract and.go after a qb in the draft.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - J24 - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 01:34 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Dalton is part of the problem,along with coaching and o line , if someone can't see that you are a blind Dalton lover. Go watch Joe goodberrys all 22 film every week you see Dalton messing up precious opportunities .I'm all for unloading his contract and.go after a qb in the draft.

Your going to have misses when your thinking about getting hit all the time. I don't get how people don't get this.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - TKUHL - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:25 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Getting rid of a reliable and decent QB in order to start a guy who doesn't want to be here doesn't sound like a step in the right direction. Better to just say that this franchise clearly keeps success at bay so we may as well toss Mixon, Ross, and McCarron out there so we can...I don't know...watch them fail and then make excuses before we give up on them, too.

I don't think its so much that he dosent want to be here as it is he just wants to play. I would be itching to get a chance to start too if I was standing on the sideline watching Dalton over/under throws when he has time too. So maybe he does want to be here but he's just in a bad situation, it's either behind Dalton or behind that shity line.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - bengalsturntup5532 - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 01:46 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Your going to have misses when your thinking about getting hit all the time. I don't get how people don't get this.

Please stop with the excuses,there is no excuse he can't come through for the team in the opportunities he does have. No excuse. This is the NFL you will get hit. And actually he got roughed up more last game then vs the jags.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - ah5 - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:17 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: If the team is going to go full rebuild, that would be one way to go. If the team wants to stay competitive, completely the wrong move.

As for the deep ball, the statistics show you are factually wrong. Yes, like every other QB in the NFL, Dalton misses on long throws sometimes. Statistically speaking, he's one of the better deep ball passers in the league. He's also the best deep ball QB in the AFCN. While that may be what you want to believe, factually, you're wrong.

This is also because no QB in the league has aj green, cept matt ryan.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - leonardfan40 - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:38 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Can't that I agree with that.  He's had a great supporting cast and still cannot win a playoff game.

At this point, it's time to move on.  

When did he have this great supporting cast at playoff time? 2015 when he was injured and the “Great” McCarron came in with a better playoff supporting cast than dalton has ever had and promptly put up 0 points in the first 45 mins of the game? 

2014 when EVERYONE was injured for the playoff game?

2013? Sure that was a good team that should have won a playoff game but they weren’t great. 

2012? Houston had a better team than us

2011 Houston clearly had a better team than us. 

The last two years when we didn’t make the playoffs? Well he’s had the worst supporting cast yet these last two years so I’m sure you aren’t talking about them. 

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Millhouse - 11-06-2017

The Mike Brown era needs to end first. Then the Marvin era. Then any assistant coach that has been there for more than 10 years era starting with the o-line coach who should have been fired by now for the worst o-line in football. Then lets start talking about player eras ending.

The issues with this team are at core levels of the franchise which starts with the old miser himself and trickles down from there. The 2015 season was as good as his era will ever get, and as good as any Marvin team can do.

Im not the biggest Andy fan by any means, as I see him as a good regular season quarterback, nothing less nor nothing more. But the issues go far beyond him at this point.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - TKUHL - 11-06-2017

There is and always has been doubts about Dalton whether its his play, decision making or leadership. There has also been excuses every year as to why Dalton can't perform. He has no receivers, no TE no run game and now no time. When he has time he's off. Personally I think he lacks the leadership and consistency to take this team all the way. I've felt this way about him for a few years. If a miracle happens and MB cleans house after this season it would make sense that the new coach would want to bri QB

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Socal Bengals fan - 11-06-2017

make all the excuses in the world for Dalton, 7 years in n still no playoff success , prime time games he sucks, Aj Green has been open 7 x deep this year only to have Dakton over throw him or not look his way. Dalton at best is a game manager n needs to be replaced

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - The Caped Crusader - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 02:52 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Please stop with the excuses,there is no excuse he can't come through for the team in the opportunities he does have. No excuse. This is the NFL you will get hit. And actually he got roughed up more last game then vs the jags.

Clearly someone that has NEVER played a down of Football, period.

I've explained this dozens of times, thankfully, those who understand the X's and O's of Football have responded accordingly.

Dalton is NOT free from blame, doubt, questioning or otherwise. He has made mistakes, but the disaster you are witnessing is as much Dalton's problem as it is mine. The offensive line is the bridge to the offense. The unspoken heroes of Football. They lack technical form, skill and coaching to move lines and keep their Qb from getting destroyed. When your QB is getting hit with FREE blitzers (untouched) you get rattled, your head count gets quicker, and you second guess decisions (double pumps). Furthermore, when you don't have a receiver open (see the Jags game) you can't create a play by throwing into double coverage. It just doesn't work that way.

Dalton will ALWAYS receive the most blame, he touches the ball the most. That being said, this isn't an 'excuse' but merely looking at what is ACTUALLY going on. Jaguars are 32nd in rushing defense, we had what, 40 yards on them?

Enough said. 

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - Andy2AJ - 11-06-2017

I am really looking forward to more and more shovel passes over the next 5 years. He's so good at turning it over with them. Kitna 2.0 mediocre arm and like Marvin does just enough to keep his job.

(11-06-2017, 04:31 AM)Andy2AJ Wrote: I am really looking forward to more and more shovel passes over the next 5 years. He's so good at turning it over with them. Kitna 2.0 mediocre arm and like Marvin does just enough to keep his job.

You do realize shovel passes are designed plays right...

Like if someone complained about him throwing to a back on a designed screen play.

That's the play. You run what is called.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - McC - 11-06-2017

It's really pointless to get another QB until the mess up front and the mess of a lousy coaching staff is fixed. Otherwise, you'll just be throwing another guy into a snake pit where no QB can succeed.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - CKwi88 - 11-06-2017

If a new coach comes in and wants a new QB I'm all for it. If we have a top 5 draft pick and there is a franchise QB in the making, I'm all for it. Dalton is a known known.

But to act as if Dalton is the biggest problem here, or that Dalton can't win in this league, well, I guess Jim has already said it best.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - WiregrassBenGal - 11-06-2017

Part of me thinks that Andy should demand a trade to a team focused more on winning or at least protecting him. I would just hate to see him get really hurt by one of those untouched defensive players getting a free shot at him.

On the other hand, if he walks it would be a revolving door of QB's like in Cleveland. The one play to Croft yesterday was sweet and he had a couple of other good throws. But he's completely different without Green there.

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - XenoMorph - 11-06-2017

(11-06-2017, 12:08 AM)Trademark Wrote: If and when Lewis is gone after this season, it’s time to trade Dalton. The man can’t make a deep throw to save his life. He had Green wide open, it looks like that is what helped contribute to his frustrations today. Really hope they move forward with McCarron instead

you have to have protection to make deep throws....

Its time for the marvin lewis era to end...  Keep Dalton till you get you next franchise QB in the draft.    McCarron isn't gonna be the answer.

everyone blaming Dalton ... DO YOU EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL?

RE: Time to end the Dalton era - CageTheBengal - 11-06-2017

So on one hand we all openly ***** about Marvin and his playoff record but on the other we want to throw blame at the QB with no o-line and ignore the fact Marvin is his coach in that particular discussion?

Whatever. Just pure emotion.

Dalton isn't perfect but if Marvin is as bad as we think he is there at least needs to be an open competition. Nope let's just get emotional about and blow this mofo up!

Palmer Era - 38 wins 41 losses
Dalton Era - 61 wins 40 losses

Crazy. I'm not sure how exact that is...but wow.